Problem With Visitor's Visa

Hello,

My girlfriend is planning to apply for a visa to visit me in the UK. I think we can achieve the usual requirements for getting a visitor's visa, but there is a problem.

Previously - before we met - she applied for a student visa and was turned down. She has been advised that if she wants to apply again it must be for another student visa and that by switching to an application for a visitor's visa she is more likely to be tuned down again.

Is this true? Surely a fresh application, for a different reason, is better than another try for a type of visa that has been turned down.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

There is no reason why she cannot apply for a visit visa having been refused a student visa; there is no minimum time limit between applications either.

However, she will need to explain why she no longer wants to study in the UK and now only wants to visit.

There is no reason why she cannot apply for a visit visa having been refused a student visa; there is no minimum time limit between applications either.

However, she will need to explain why she no longer wants to study in the UK and now only wants to visit.

Thanks to everyone for your advice - this is what I thought, but it is really helpful to have it confirmed.