Howards Mob On Uk Tv

wcr

Interestingly (for me anyway)...Prior to Chiang Mai, I lived in Paphos, Cyprus. Pronounced, and now frequently spelled Pafos.

My friends in Paphos pronounce my new home address in Chiang Mai (Nong Phueng) as "Nong Fooeng"

J.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Howard guy did a remarkably good job considering some of the idiots he had to cope with. Nothing like the type of person the forum warriors would have you believe.

It just goes to show....don't believe everything you read on the internet. I always live by the following rule: I NEVER judge anyone unless I have FIRST hand information on them and can be COMPLETELY sure I can accuse them of something based on the FIRST hand information received.

Very admirable...are you still withholding judgement on Hitler, Stalin, Bundy and the likes.?

That Howard guy did a remarkably good job considering some of the idiots he had to cope with. Nothing like the type of person the forum warriors would have you believe.

It just goes to show....don't believe everything you read on the internet. I always live by the following rule: I NEVER judge anyone unless I have FIRST hand information on them and can be COMPLETELY sure I can accuse them of something based on the FIRST hand information received.

Very admirable...are you still withholding judgement on Hitler, Stalin, Bundy and the likes.?

Now the owner has been charged with extortion will the police asistant be charged with aiding and abbetting?

Edited by harrry

I'm not sure I'd call the Marine Seargant a disgrace but he didn't handle the situation very well, it was right of him to stand up for his squaddie, who wouldn't want to be backed up when confronted by a con man??

This JJ nob head needs someone to teach him a lesson, he's the worst advert for Thailand and its beautiful beaches, my blood was boiling watching him, such arrogance!

If the situation wasn't being filmed I would've fancied an altercation and wouldn't that have been fun to watch, JJ would've been crushed, I'm quite certain, and his mates would've run like scared dogs.

All this documentary needs to teach tourists is that Thailand is a corrupt country, that seems to be the only 'real' problem...

Just a quick note - The word squaddie means a person from the Army, not a Royal Marine

Yup, in support of Beano 2274 (from Yeovil, so I think he has an inside track on the lingo :D eh Beano?) a Royal Marine is NOT a "squaddie", he is a "boot-neck" or a "bootie", from the time when they wore leather collars on their tunics long, long, ago. We Navy guys (and gals) are colloquially known as "fish'eads" by the other services and if your want to upset our friends in the RAF call him/her/it a "crab" (don't ask me why). Hope this helps the discussion.

over-and-out :)

Which TV channel? Too good to be true!

It's on Bravo and is repeated tomorrow night.

You can download it from one of the torrent search engines, a good one for getting all UK based TV programs is uknova.com

Just a small point to make, It is not repeated tomorrow night.

It is episode 2 on bravo 10pm uk.

In Pattaya Howard is our Squad leader in the FTPA (Foreign Tourist Police Assistant) which means he and his 30+ FTPA's assist the police and public with foreigners because of language and customs differences and at the same time assist the foreigners with the same problems. He and everyone in his group are paid nothing, do not require a work permit as they are assisting government employees at their request.

They also pay their own uniforms and whatever equipment they choose to carry on their belt. There is also a large group of Thai Volunteers who also pay their own uniforms and equipment and assist the Foreign Tourist Police in handling Thai's but allow the FTPA to handle the Foreigners.

Which TV channel? Too good to be true!

It's on Bravo and is repeated tomorrow night.

You can download it from one of the torrent search engines, a good one for getting all UK based TV programs is uknova.com

Just a small point to make, It is not repeated tomorrow night.

It is episode 2 on bravo 10pm uk.

I'm in the UK right now so tomorrow is Sunday for me, it's repeated at 8pm Sunday so anyone who hasn't watched it yet can catch it on UK TV without having to bother downloading it.

Good news about the new episode on Monday though, I'll be sure to watch it.

Hopefully this will result in a change in the way the jet ski mafia operates. It seems that the only time justice is served in this country is when there is a loss of face and there is certainly a loss of face for Thailand in this case. JJ was jailed, but of course he got out on bail right away and I expect him to skip out of the country. If this actually goes all the way to fruition, I'll be surprised. I hope I'm wrong.

The jet skis should be banned completely like the government tried a few years ago. Stop giving into these thugs. They do no good for Thailand whatsoever.... injuries, deaths, rip-offs, etc, etc. What's the positive side of jet skis in Phuket?

I'm not sure I'd call the Marine Seargant a disgrace but he didn't handle the situation very well, it was right of him to stand up for his squaddie, who wouldn't want to be backed up when confronted by a con man??

This JJ nob head needs someone to teach him a lesson, he's the worst advert for Thailand and its beautiful beaches, my blood was boiling watching him, such arrogance!

If the situation wasn't being filmed I would've fancied an altercation and wouldn't that have been fun to watch, JJ would've been crushed, I'm quite certain, and his mates would've run like scared dogs.

All this documentary needs to teach tourists is that Thailand is a corrupt country, that seems to be the only 'real' problem...

Just a quick note - The word squaddie means a person from the Army, not a Royal Marine

What word would be appropriate for a Marine ? matelot ?

Lol. It's quite obvious the point hm1973 is making. If you're going to take a shot, try not to make it a cheap one :)

Lol. It's quite obvious the point hm1973 is making. If you're going to take a shot, try not to make it a cheap one :)

You should also judge people by their actions, the failure of the FTPA in their duty of care to the drunken aussie detained by them speaks volumes. To detain a person with a traumatic head injury and to not seek medical intervention as a priority is major failure.

Yup, in support of Beano 2274 (from Yeovil, so I think he has an inside track on the lingo :D eh Beano?) a Royal Marine is NOT a "squaddie", he is a "boot-neck" or a "bootie", from the time when they wore leather collars on their tunics long, long, ago. We Navy guys (and gals) are colloquially known as "fish'eads" by the other services and if your want to upset our friends in the RAF call him/her/it a "crab" (don't ask me why). Hope this helps the discussion.

over-and-out :D

Completely off topic, you knew what I meant :) to us 'normal' people a squaddie is a soldier, a marine is a soldier, he is not a dinner lady :D

Isn't there a thread somewhere for pedants?

The Phuket jet ski part looked "staged" to me, anyone else think that?

that whole thing was featured on Thai TV and they said it was made for the cameras. however, i'm sure its based on incidents that happen every day.

There was a feature on tv about this and 60% of the viewers thought it was staged but I feel that may have just been Thais not wanting to believe it was real (face?)

Would JJ have wanted to lose face like that on tv? What would his father think about his son losing face, would he lose face too?

Howards' Group.

I think he made himself look worse here than he normally does elsewhere.

He never once did anything to find out about the people responsible for the tourist's (drunken or not) injuries.

He never made contact with the real tourist police to apprehend and questions those responsible for the Auussie's injuries.

He did not perform the duties of a policeman, and for that reason, what is his purpose?

Howards' Group.

I think he made himself look worse here than he normally does elsewhere.

He never once did anything to find out about the people responsible for the tourist's (drunken or not) injuries.

He never made contact with the real tourist police to apprehend and questions those responsible for the Auussie's injuries.

He did not perform the duties of a policeman, and for that reason, what is his purpose?

Who knows the real story, he may have been previously warned by the Thai police not to take matters like this any further...

Before I watched this documentary I didn't have any preconceptions about the volunteers, I thought Howard came out of it looking like a guy who just wants to help people :)

How is JJ a loser?

The punk just made 35,000 baht to do a 5,000 baht fix.

If I were him, I'd be changing his beach sign to say "As seen on TV" and T-shirts for sale with a slogan that says "Don't run...trust me".

He is just one of the "Beach Boy Mafia" that work up and down Phuket's beaches, and they make more money that you renting crappy jet skis and drinking beer on the beach.

Who was the loser again?

Do you want a job? We need a new marketing guy!

That Royal Marine, who seemed to have lost his tongue and backed down like a tropical sunset is a disgrace to the Royal Marines. Surely if you rent a jet-ski you should look it over with the owner before hiring it and take some digital photos as proof of its pre-rental condition.

I have no sympathy for farang drug users and dealers in Thailand, it's just a pity that the Thaksin 'cull' didn't apply to farangs as well.

And the drunken Australian boy, he should have been arrested for being drunk and verbally abusive by the Thai Police who would not have put up with that kind of behaviour; unlike our 'soft' Volunteers.

But very entertaining, thanks for sharing the links. :)

hi . my very thoughts exactly , well done for those comments .

I just watched the whole of the first episode, thanks to Monty's link and help with torrents. :)

Nothing that happened either in Phuket or Pattaya surprises me in the least. In fact I suspect it is the "tip of the iceberg', judging by the almost daily reports in the press, and from farangs of their increasingly unpleasant experiences at the hands of certain sections of the Thai Mafia.

I have no desire to stir up a hornet's nest, but to those who say that it put's Howard's mob in a new light I can only say that it would, wouldn't it?

Howard and his mob have clearly cooperated in the making of this documentary, and for all we know may have had some editorial control over the footage, or at least the right to review footage prior to transmission.

I'm not suggesting that if the cameras were not present he would have behaved any different, but let's keep a sense of prospective here about the merits or otherwise of having untrained foreigners, masquerading as cops, strutting around Walking Street in "blackshirt" uniforms. This programme has been made with the help and cooperation of the TPV's (or whatever they are called), in fact without their tacit approval, I doubt it could have been made at all.

Some of you may recall a recent incident when an innocent punter was filming Howard (without permission) in Walking Street and had a very unpleasant experience.

No doubt Howard will have his own comments to make here :D

hi . jealousy is a terrible thing , <snip>