Spouse Visa For Au

My wife will be applying for a Spouse visa soon , We are getting all our papers together at the moment .

It has been sugested to me that we should get a couple of people in thailand that know us to write a letter about how they know us and how they have seen our relationship over the last 2 years develop.

Would these letters have to be Stat Declarations ?? If so how can you get a Stat dec done in Thailand?

And is it possible for my wife to have her medical and police check done and submit them with the visa application .

Any information or advice for us would be MUCH APPRECIATED

My wife will be applying for a Spouse visa soon , We are getting all our papers together at the moment .

It has been sugested to me that we should get a couple of people in thailand that know us to write a letter  about how they know us and how they have seen our relationship over the  last 2 years develop.

Would these letters have to be Stat Declarations ?? If so how can you get a Stat dec done in Thailand?

And  is it possible for my wife to have her medical and police check done and submit them with the visa application .

Any information or advice for us would be MUCH APPRECIATED

Stat Decs can be witnessed at the Embassy, although there will be a charge for this. Hereis the correct format for a stat dec which you can copy and paste into MS Word.

A stat dec would be better than a letter, but this seems more a requirement where the person is Australian and due to the difficulty/expense of getting a stat dec in Thailand letters will normally suffice. For letters, try to get people who have known you both for a period of time and if possible also have good standing in the community (eg a respectable job) and/or have Australian Citizenship. Make sure the person lists their contact details at the end of the letter and try to get them to list their work email address - this can shows the Visa Officer who the person works for and if they have a respectable job can give what they say more weight.

Sorry, don't know the answer to your second question.

We put our application in and then we got a letter a week later, confirming the date of our interview & name of our case worker etc. There was a list of what they wanted, which was a police clearence and a medical, which was to be done in the month before the interview. I would do it this way, but you can always call the embassy if you want to know if it's ok.

Did a letter earlier this year for a friend who was using an agent and they put the application in without stat decs,only letters and got the visa no problems. The cost of a stat dec at the embassy is 600 baht. Stat dec is probably better but if you cant do this letters should be ok.

We put our application in and then we got a letter a week later, confirming the date of our interview & name of our case worker etc. There was a list of what they wanted, which was a police clearence and a medical, which was to be done in the month before the interview. I would do it this way, but you can always call the embassy if you want to know if it's ok.

Hey, how's it going?

It seems pretty fast you heard back so fast from the Embassy in regards to your application. Is this usual? After the interview do you know how long it takes to process and receive the actual visa?

Do you mind telling me a bit about your relationship?

I'm about to embark on the same thing. Met my thai fiancee last September, getting married end of April and applying for visa end of May. Do you think it's okay? We want to live and raise a family in Australia.

Any info would be helpful.

cheers

A