Visas For People With Thai Spouses

Being married to a Thai you can obtain a normal non immigrant O visa that allows visits of up to 90 days at a time. You need to check the local Royal Thai Consulate for the price where you are. It does not allow you to work; although it could be used for a work permit which is what allows work if you qualify.

If you support a Thai wife to the tune of 400k per year in baht you may be able to extend your stay from such a visa one year at a time. Work could also be used to extend a visit.

Edited by lopburi3

I got my multi-NON-IMI-O at the Royal Thai Embassy in South Ken a couple of weeks ago and no problem.

Dropped PP off on the Thurs morning (took about 10 minutes) and picked up again on the Monday (another 10 minutes...a couple of people waiting :D )

The Following week while in Chiang Mai I got my residency sorted out at the Immigration Dept (met the Chief of in his office ...friend of a friend :D ) and then headed over to the driving centre and done the test for me Driving License.

No actual need of a driving test as such but had to do the colour test,the distance co-ordination thingy with the 2 bits of string,spacial eyesight colour awareness and a bit of fun on the driving emergency stop rigup.(watch for the red lights and hit the brake).....

Was sure the wifie was trying to bung the instructor a roy spot but he refused to take it. :D

Again 10 minutes later...legal D.Licence......and suppose after all these years about time.

A couple of days later went in to one of the Non Thai Rip off joints in Trat but on this occasion thought I would flash it (the Lic) rather than talking them to death and see wot appens.......No Problem.... :o