Sell Online

Guys ,

1)NEed to know if a foreighner like me wanna sell online thru my own Shopping Card do i need a company ???

2)What if a Thai nationals wanted to sell online thru a shopping cart do they need to pay tax or anything???

thanx

tytus

Guys ,

1)NEed to know if a foreighner like me wanna sell online thru my own Shopping Card do i need a company ???

2)What if a Thai nationals wanted to sell online thru a shopping cart do they need to pay tax or anything???

thanx

tytus

IMHO selling online via a shopping cart is same as selling via any retail store....

foreigners would need a thai company....thais could sell without a company but pay the taxes....

of course anyone can sell online and not pay taxes but if u get cought ull have a nice time wid revenue ppl....

maybe this thread belongs in the business section n not IT....

DD, I don't know where you got this info from, but you don't need a Thai company at all.

If you want to sell, just open a store at Ebay. No license or company required. Furthermore, if you have an address abroad and your a private seller, nobody will bother you.

DD, if your info was correct, how do you explain all the Ebayers selling stuff?

legally - yes, you need a company - you're on the thai soil and work here too. but how and who could prove it - almost impossible.

lets say, you buy thai product on the market and resell it with profit abroad. well, you have to pay all taxes (income, VAT ++) but you don't - well, until revenue dept will put their eye on you.

DD, I don't know where you got this info from, but you don't need a Thai company at all.

If you want to sell, just open a store at Ebay. No license or company required. Furthermore, if you have an address abroad and your a private seller, nobody will bother you.

DD, if your info was correct, how do you explain all the Ebayers selling stuff?

sniffdog, legally no foreigner or foreign company is allowed to do business in thailand. only thai companies and citizens.

in case tytus would be shipping the goods from abroad directly then its ok as the receiver would be entitled to pay the customs duty and vat.

ebay allows just anyone to open a store, but they have no controll over the legal implications.

sitting in thailand, i wouldn't operate a shopping cart without it being operated by a thai company.

its quite easy to get caught.

think about it that way...you operate an illegal store, then some angry customers or some rivals would complain to the revenue ppl abt yr operation and u get kicked out of los. is it worth it?

in case tytus is thinking of operating an online store to sell thai products to abroad then no problems at all. the revenue dept wont bother much.

Edited by devil_dog

tytus - If you intend to make this a business, vs. just selling a few personal items online, I would suggest you speak to a lawyer (such as one of the legal sources who advertise on Thaivisa). In additiion to various tax issues, you may also be required to have one or more business licenses.

In addition, depending on your financial situation, you may want/need to have some type of business liability protection, to protect your personal assets. (e.g. Ltd, Inc, GmbH, etc.)

good luck

:o

Take a look at my site: DVD El Cheapo.

It's hosted abroad, by an entrepreneur from abroad, money from/to abroad. Do you really think somebody in Thailand will bother me because I reside here?

No of course not. My idea is that Ebay Store is a very good choice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

n case tytus is thinking of operating an online store to sell thai products to abroad then no problems at all. the revenue dept wont bother much.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why won't they bother? You're taking the bread from local exporters. Don't talk nonsense. But again, register and run the store from your own country. Not in a thai name ... (don't see the advantage of doing that anyway).

i have been doing import/export business in thailand and i know what i am talking about. for export whatever the documents, correct or incorrect they dont give a $h1t, but for import youve gotta be very careful...one mistake could cost u loads of undertable money...

if anyone sells abroad, its increasing the foreign revenue in thailand.

i think yr point of view is wrong. ur not takin the bread of another local exporter, you are making thai products more accessible to the worlk and the government loves that.

if tytus is planin to sell abroad, all he is doing is buyin thai products with his personal money and sendin out to friends(or customers but theres no way to proove it).

if he sells to someone in thailand(shipping within thailand), then the problem may occur as he is trading within thailand, not registered with the tax ppl, not paying the 7% on his markup.

sniffdog, you need to understand that just because ebay allows you to open a store, it doesnt mean that you are a legit business.

maybe tytus could eloborate on his plans, he wants to ship the goods abroad or sell to thai ppl. the shipping would be done from within thailand or another country.

Well emm i think Thailand is a very mush complicated place to do business.. They have alot of restriction for foreighner...

You can say it again...

But not only restricting foreigners. Thai companies have lots of beaucracy to deal with as well.

Take for example -

- Minimum 7 individuals to form a company

- 26 days if you want to change the formal objectives of the company (takes 2 meetings)

- Opening a commercial bank account requires a formal, documented meeting of the shareholders

- Documents older than 1 month are not accepted in the bank

- Need a lease agreement for business purposes for company's address

Than for foreigners you can add:

- limitation on % of shares or on the type of business you can do

- expensive business visa which usually grants you entry permits of only 90 days each

- Hard requirements if you want to get one year entry permit (4 Thai employees, minimim salary, capital)

- work permit which needs to be renewed again and again with the entry permit

- Most governmental documents only available in Thai, of course...

- etc. etc.

Doesn't it sound like fun? :o

yeah guys as i am residing here in thailand i was thinking of selling thai product such as art and craft... i will operating my own shopping cart ...well is this a good idea?? or is there any other solution ???

yeah and i will be buying the thai product in thailand but only will sell and ship it by UPS to new zealand,USA and abroad and im not going to sell it locally to thai customer as i am not going to make money selling to Thai residents,