Airport Collection

Dennis M

What is the situation regarding pre-arranged airport collection. What is mean is: if someone goes to the airport to collect an arriving friend or a small hotel sends a car to meet and collect someone from their flight - how do they deal with this situation?

What is the situation regarding pre-arranged airport collection. What is mean is: if someone goes to the airport to collect an arriving friend or a small hotel sends a car to meet and collect someone from their flight - how do they deal with this situation?

To the best of my knowledge it is the same as any other airport. A personal friend meets you coming out of the baggage area or there is a driver holding up a sign with your name on it. I do not think that the crack down on unlicenced taxis would affect this standard practice.

As you exit customs you are forced to the right and pretty much all the way up the length of the terminal. At the end is an official greeting area for hotel greeters with signboards, just past there is the 'meeting point' where families etc. meet.

It's a bit of a bun fight, but in all a fairly small area so finding your pickup is no worse than any other airport.

If you and your "meeter" know each other, I have always arranged to meet them on the departure level at gate 10. Its quiet there and no hassles. I also SMS my contact before i depart saying flight on time, arriving BKK at **** Hrs and then add 40 minutes on top for meeting time. Hasnt failed me yet