Renewal Of Retirement Extension

Hello....its just a few months left of my one year extension based on retirement and its time to get prepared for the renewal for another year, I enter thailand april 2008 on a non-o visa multiple entries and got my one year extension at end of october.

I was using the combination method of pension stated by my embeassy and savings at Bangkok bank alltogether about 850.000 THB.

Just wonder if the rules are the same as last year and i will submit following documents for renewal:

TM 7 form with photo

Statement from my embassy that prove my pension from Sweden.

Statement from Bangkok Bank about my savings and pension+banksavings are more than required 800.000 THB per year.

Photocopies from my passports relevant pages.

Just wonder id´f there is any more documents i need for a renewal, do i have to go abroad for a new non-o visa?

I am thankful for advices from anyone with knowledges about this topic.

Regards.

Bengt!!

You can keep getting annual extensions based on retirement indefinitely. You don't need a new O visa unless you let a permission to stay expire before getting a new extension (or lose it in a careless was such as leaving Thailand without a reentry permit). The other stuff sounds good, no change.

Edited by Jingthing

As you have 850k in bank (for 3 months?) that alone is all you need. You do not need Embassy letter of pension. The requirement is 800k in bank 3 months; or 65k per month Embassy letter; or a combination of the two to meet the 800k per year figure.

Don't forget copy of departure card and bank book.

Edited by lopburi3

As you have 850k in bank (for 3 months?) that alone is all you need. You do not need Embassy letter of pension. The requirement is 800k in bank 3 months; or 65k per month Embassy letter; or a combination of the two to meet the 800k per year figure.

Don't forget copy of departure card and bank book.

I'm pretty sure that it was the combination of pension and bank deposit that totalled baht 850,000, not the bank deposit alone. At least that is how I read the OP.

Sophon

• 1 month later...
How many copies of the relevant documents and passport pages are needed in Chiang Mai these days? I am up for renewal of extension of stay this month as well.

Okay, just answered my own question based on this excellent post from sassienie. Let's see if I know how to copy a link for an individual post!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Retirement-E...14#entry2690714