Khon Kaen Immigration Office.

This morning I visited the rumoured site of the new Immigration Office in Khon Kaen.

It is in the Police Training facility on the main highway to Udon. Just past the University entrance on the opposite side of the road.

My Wife spoke to the policeman manning the desk and he said that it was definitely going to happen.

This weekend people are coming to clear the office and get it ready. Maybe open next week or the week after.

His words not mine. :)

So it is looking promising for those of us stuck with the haul to Nong Khai.

Cheers lite beer! That's literally 3 kilometres from my house. Back of the net! :D

It aint open yet. :)

I'm an eternal optimist. At least it'll mean no more practicing telepathic mind control on the local Dibble as you drive through a road block approacjing UT. " My road fund license expired last week and I didn't notice. Don't look at me. Wave me through. No reason to stop me. I'm nobody. That's right. Look over your shoulder. Pull the bloke in the D-Max behind me. He looks dodgy."

The only thing about changing to KK (if it does open) is having to start anew with the extension requirements like photos of me hiding in the wardrobe dressed as a nun or whatever. Once NK got to know you they were perfectly reasonable people to deal with IIMHO.

Cheers lite beer! That's literally 3 kilometres from my house. Back of the net! :D

It aint open yet. :)

I'm an eternal optimist. At least it'll mean no more practicing telepathic mind control on the local Dibble as you drive through a road block approacjing UT. " My road fund license expired last week and I didn't notice. Don't look at me. Wave me through. No reason to stop me. I'm nobody. That's right. Look over your shoulder. Pull the bloke in the D-Max behind me. He looks dodgy."

The only thing about changing to KK (if it does open) is having to start anew with the extension requirements like photos of me hiding in the wardrobe dressed as a nun or whatever. Once NK got to know you they were perfectly reasonable people to deal with IIMHO.

Three officers working in NK are living in Khon Kaen and will probably transfer to KK.

But I did hear today that NK is referring people to KK already for 90-day reports, indeed sends them to KK.

Nice thing is that KK will open 2 weeks from now.

Even nicer, the fine he will probably get because he did not deliver his TM47 in time

Good show!

Edited by hansnl

• 2 weeks later...