Money Lost?

lukeskywalker

Hello,

I missed my Air Asia flight, they said they would book me on the next flight (have to pay for difference in price of course) but I did not take them up on the offer as I had to get to Bangkok immediately so I went and bought another ticket from 1-2-Go.

My question is, is the money I originally paid for the Air Asia flight still available for future flights? They were obviously going to apply it to the next flight of that day, but if I book a flight next week can I use the unused money and apply it to a new flight?

Or is the money just simply lost?

BTW, I think it is ridiculous and a scam that they close the counter 45 minutes prior to departure. Especially if have no luggage to check. I got there with 30 minutes to go and could see the plane still sitting there but they would not issue me a boarding pass. Seems like a scam to get people to lose money.

Thanks,

Hello,

I missed my Air Asia flight, they said they would book me on the next flight (have to pay for difference in price of course) but I did not take them up on the offer as I had to get to Bangkok immediately so I went and bought another ticket from 1-2-Go.

My question is, is the money I originally paid for the Air Asia flight still available for future flights? They were obviously going to apply it to the next flight of that day, but if I book a flight next week can I use the unused money and apply it to a new flight?

BTW, I think it is ridiculous and a scam that they close the counter 45 minutes prior to departure. Especially if have no luggage to check. I got there with 30 minutes to go and could see the plane still sitting there but they would not issue me a boarding pass. Seems like a scam to get people to lose money.

Thanks,

Only trubl I have ever had with Air Asia in 5 years and many flites, but NOT their fault.

I dozed off at HKT and missed my BKK flite.

They tried to find me without success.

They found my bag and unloaded it.

When I awake, I went to the office and explained, no luck, nutha fare paid.........grrrrrrr.

Totally my fault, but staff very sympathetic, booked me on next flite, gave me a coffee.

LOVE Air Asia

Hello,

Thanks,

They set a gate closure time, so that they are not kept waiting for someone who has not timed their travel to the airport correctly.

Why should up to 400 people be kept waiting for you? :)

I bet you won't get any money back for the ticket, as you did not take up the offer on the day.

Get up earlier next time.

Anyway, with a name like "Lukeskywalker" why not walk? :D

Air Asia staff who check people in, also man the jetways. If you can't get to the airport on time then this is your problem. I suggest you get to the airport least 90min prior for safe measure. :)

Hello,

Thanks,

many readers of this forum will like to know the outcome of your plight as amny have similar if not worst experiences.....with most budget airlines......

:):D:D:D:D unlike you, i had my boarding pass on hand and ready to board... yet they refused to let me board the airasia flight......!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:P:P

Edited by topben

Hello,

Thanks,

That is rough.

However, you will get no credit for any future flights from the one you missed.

Air Asia staff who check people in, also man the jetways. If you can't get to the airport on time then this is your problem. I suggest you get to the airport least 90min prior for safe measure. :D

Correct. I think OP is just like so many people out there who think an airliner operates like a bus. Just think if they delay the flight because of you, they have to pay huge fines. So why pay fines because of someone who does not go to airport on time. :D

Whenever I travel, I prefer to be at the airport at least 2 hours before the flight time and bring some book or listen to music in the waiting area. A friend of mine recently missed his flight because of his habit arriving just on time, i.e. 30 minutes before flight to the airport. He is about to lose his job because he did not come on time to report to his boss and his boss is not happy with him.

I am amazed that how people are wasting hours n hours chasing girls, just like my friend does, and when it comes to air travel, they think its waste of time to go there early. :)

My last TG flight to Tokyo was held up by some tart that was shopping in duty free, so I won't tell you what I think. :)

However, I do have to question your sanity when you write,

as I had to get to Bangkok immediately so I went and bought another ticket from 1-2-Go.

You are the first and only person I have seen that would admit to flying 1,2 Go. You are a very brave man and must have nerves of steel.

I was flying from Phuket to Bangkok in July this year, We were on the way to the Airport from Patong, we got a phone call from Air Asia , saying that the Departure gate would be closing in ten minits, We got there and carried our bags to the plane , Thats how late we were, not through our own fault i may add , there was an accident with a car and a Motorbike so had to wait for a few minites ,but Air Asia let us board, So it seems to be if the Boarding person is in a Good mood or not,

Guys like you, I love.

Most journeys are BKK to CNX or HKT which have frequent flite timetables.

I get to the airport real early,cupla hours, let Air Asia staffers know we are there and if possible there is a chance of an earlier flite, we would be willing to go on it.

Often there are "No shows" and we get the opportunity to fly.

Usually I take late flites, cheaper, but doing this we often get an earlier flite.

Hello,

Thanks,

The best lesson of all is one that hits you squarely in the wallet. Next time be there with plenty of time just like the rules tell you or...call your mate 'Chewbacca' for a lift!

Mate,

I sympathise with you. We have here in aus Jetstar and Tiger as the budget domestic carriers and they have the same 45 min check in rule. It catches out a lot of people.

Tough luck!

It's always worth checking this as most airlines I've flew with in the past have a 30 minute check in. Once I flew to Dublin with Ryanair from Manchester and I arrived one minute before the checkin desk closed, that's the closest I ever came to missing a flight.