Whiter Arm Pits?

aletta

Took my twelve year old daughter to Tesco in Korat and as we were shopping she made a bee line for the deodorant section.I followed her in and she picked out a specific Nivea deodorant that she says makes armpits white!!!.She has inherited my pasty white skin and yet she is concerned her armpits are too dark. :o

Is this a new fad i have not heard of?

Took my twelve year old daughter to Tesco in Korat and as we were shopping she made a bee line for the deodorant section.I followed her in and she picked out a specific Nivea deodorant that she says makes armpits white!!!.She has inherited my pasty white skin and yet she is concerned her armpits are too dark. :o

Whiter everything is the new fad!

I struggle to find things that don't make me any whiter!

If I used all the products the Thai gals use I'd end up translucent :D

I just received passport copies for my two step-daughters in order to get visit visas for Bahrain. I haven't seen them in 8 months and am glad to say that they are still gloriously dark skinned at 12 and 15 years old. They touch any ob that skin whitening shit and I'll paddle their asses.

I hope she will come to realise how daft it is to worry about such things.Otherwise she is going to end up as one of those shadow hopping women you find here.They always make me think of vampires when they are horrified to find their skin is exposed to daylight and go nowhere without a large umbrella. :o

Unfort its the role models/media influencing them.

How many dark skinned thai soapie stars you see??

oh and not THOSE kind of Soapie stars :D

I hope she will come to realise how daft it is to worry about such things.Otherwise she is going to end up as one of those shadow hopping women you find here.They always make me think of vampires when they are horrified to find their skin is exposed to daylight and go nowhere without a large umbrella. :o

kinda wierd

my lady and her sister live in aus and they like to be tanned,in fact one goes the the solarium.

her 20 yr old daughter whose been here since she was 10 wants to be white,but then she lives in the thai student world here in syd,all the mags i see them read all have ver pale skinned girls.

The only dark skinned person in the soaps is the maid from Isaan.

A big prize if you can find a less than pure white newsreader.

It's been around for a few years that I know of.

The bit that puzzles me is why anyone would want their armpits whiter than the rest of them.

Strange isn't it, most farang want to have a sun tan and most Thais want to be white  :o

I've always thought of Thailand as being the opposite of the Uk

The tan thing

The smiling to strangers thing.

The cold shower preference thing (ok, when it's hot a cold shower is good, but it doesn't get you cleaner and more refreshed than hot)

The spicy food thing.

etc etc

In the UK we even get people that love, and want to touch/be touched by feet, I doubt if you'd find that in LoS, :D

Edited by booma

Lifted my head up from the newspaper last night to take a look at the adverts on the box and every other one is an advert for making some part of your body white.

My wife says it stems from the Chinese immigrants who came to Thailand.Apparently they value a white skin because it means you are not a manual labourer in the rice fields.A status thing.