What A Lot Of Medals !

aletta

Just got Tuesday's Bangkok Post and the picture on the front shows Mr Thaksin and the cabinet at Hua Hin and every single person has at least three complete rows of medal ribbons.Mr Thaksin has four.

Was there a couple of large wars i missed in my senility or do MPs get a medal for getting up in the morning? :o

Just got Tuesday's Bangkok Post and the picture on the front shows Mr Thaksin and the cabinet at Hua Hin and every single person has at least three complete rows of medal ribbons.Mr Thaksin has four.

Was there a couple of large wars i missed in my senility or do MPs get a medal for getting up in the morning? :o

I'm sure one of them was given for 'best imitation of a lego man hairstyle award' :D

lego_man.jpg

Many of them just put them up, I guess. There can’t be that many parachutes to go round the number of people who have parachute wings. Ranger qualified, combat infantryman, shooting awards – merchant bankers.

You can get a medal for blowing a whistle and waving a glo-stick in a car park too.

You deserve more than a medal for that observation. I forgot about them guys with their ribbons won in the great 'Battle of the Auto Space Allocation'.

Arise Sir Toastie.

You can get a medal for blowing a whistle and waving a glo-stick in a car park too.

You deserve more than a medal for that observation. I forgot about them guys with their ribbons won in the great 'Battle of the Auto Space Allocation'.

Arise Sir Toastie.

Some of them actually got medals for fighting against the Khmer Rouge and on the Burmese border. The larger ones are orders that have been given in recognition of attaining a certain position and for contributing to Thailand. Ex Oz PM Paul Keating was awarded the Order of the White Elephant, one of the highest awards for his part in the building of the Friendship Bridge (funded by Australia)

Just remember that some of the medals have been earnt in combat before you start making light of them.

Arise Sir Toastie.

Some of them actually got medals for fighting against the Khmer Rouge and on the Burmese border. The larger ones are orders that have been given in recognition of attaining a certain position and for contributing to Thailand. Ex Oz PM Paul Keating was awarded the Order of the White Elephant, one of the highest awards for his part in the building of the Friendship Bridge (funded by Australia)

Just remember that some of the medals have been earnt in combat before you start making light of them.

With all due respect, please be serious, how many of them do you honestly believe have been in combat ?

Arise Sir Toastie.

With all due respect, please be serious, how many of them do you honestly believe have been in combat ?

And how many havent......the answer is we just dont know.....but would you make fun of your own countrymans medals...I think not.

Just got Tuesday's Bangkok Post and the picture on the front shows Mr Thaksin and the cabinet at Hua Hin and every single person has at least three complete rows of medal ribbons.Mr Thaksin has four...

Sorry I couldn't find a bigger picture:

150305new020jc.jpg

But, on a very serious note, I hope Thaksin and his cabinet take to heart what they were told by HM the King:

His Majesty the King told the new cabinet to serve the nation with sincerity and honesty as they were sworn in yesterday at Klai Kangwon Palace in Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan.

The new cabinet members were also advised to remind themselves everyday that they must keep all their promises.

In his address to the 35-strong cabinet led by Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra yesterday, His Majesty the King said he wanted all of them to work with sincerity and honestly and to keep all their pledges, in order to make the country safe and prosperous despite the prevailing situation that was fraught with economic and political difficulties.

The King advised the new cabinet members to keep reminding themselves each day of every word they had uttered in their pledges, and to work together for the good of the country and the people.

If the ministers could achieve all their objectives, then they should feel proud of themselves, the King said.....

If they can do that, they will certainly earn my respect.

I've had a good look at these, and recognise a few.

One for knot tying,

One for cooking,

One for helping little old ladies across the road,

One for helping in the sunday Bring and Buy sale,

One for making a camp fire,

and one for singing "ging gang goolie goolie" at the yearly jamboree

:o

I remember asking my missus why does everyone running in the election have a white suit. She said they go to the king and say 'I'm ready".

As for the medals, well like most cultures if your rich and important you get plenty of medals, but if you're a hard working average Joe, you get sweet FA.

Some, perhaps. However, the only combat duty Mr Big has ever seen is pricing wars between AIS and DTAC/Orange.

One for knot tying,

One for cooking,

:D

You forgot the Para wings were for jumping off a kerb and the biggest gold medal was for clearing a paper jam in the office copier :o

One for knot tying,

One for cooking,

You forgot the Para wings were for jumping off a kerb and the biggest gold medal was for clearing a paper jam in the office copier :D

it was a very high curb though Udon :o

One for knot tying,

One for cooking,

You forgot the Para wings were for jumping off a kerb and the biggest gold medal was for clearing a paper jam in the office copier :D

That would be the kerb at the junction of SUKH & SOI 4 :D next to the MiB booth.

One for knot tying,

One for cooking,

That would be the kerb at the junction of SUKH & SOI 4 :D next to the MiB booth.

A lot of nice people have gone a over t there in the wee hours :D

Experienced teachers in the govt. schools get a medal for perfect attendance in orange shirt or blouse for 129 consecutive Thursdays; another medal for 'wounded in duty' if they nick their finger on a piece of A4 paper; another medal for saying "Please sit down" to their students for ten years....it can add up to quite a few rows of ribbons. Oh, and a silver cluster for writing 498 incomphrehensible test questions with two best answers, and then miscoding the answer key..