Immigration Bureau To Move To New Location

george

Immigration Bureau to move to new location

BANGKOK: -- The Immigration Bureau will move from its Soi Suan Phlu office to new offices in the new Government Office Centre on Chaeng Wattana Road this month, a senior immigration officer said Friday.

The new office is situated on the second floor of Building B of New Government Centre, which is in the same complex as the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

It will be fully open for service on September 28, Pol Lt Col Uraiwan Harnpradit said, adding the Bureau will continue to provide services at the Suan Phlu Office until September 25.

The move was due to the limited area for services and parking, which is insufficient to meet the needs of an everincreasing number of visitors. The new office will be more convenient, she said.

Immigration services for alien workers from Burma, Cambodia and Laos will remain at Suan Phlu office, she added.

Map to new Bangkok Immigration:

ImmigrationDivision.jpg

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-11

Pity they moved the airport. :D Could have jumped off the plane, straight into Immigration.

Still, getting there will be easy with the Expressway and Rangsit road running next to it and parking has got to be better than the old offices. 30 cars and it was full. :)

Future Park just up the road, so ideal for the wife to combine a bit of retail therapy at the same time. :D

Edited by khundon

• 4 weeks later...

Information on here was a little hard to find but nothing compared to the ball-ache of getting to and from the new 'improved' immigration office.

First the taxi was over 300 baht including toll fare and took an hour and a half from Samsen 5.

And why is it Bangkok needs to have a shopping mall around every official public building? OK so the building's quite impressive, but really give a shit?! I just want my re-entry permit.

The process itself was same old routine only they've not installed enough number displays yet.

But the worst was saved for last when I tried to get out of the complex along with thousands of various army/government staff. Admittedly my timing was bad exiting at 5 o'clock. However I did OK and found a bike which took me to a van on the edge of the complex for Victory Monument (25b) then another bike home all for 115 baht in about an hour.

Glad I won't be going back for at least 6 months - fuc_k reporting next time!

This is absolutely brutal. I avoided getting the one year extension at Suan Phlu cause I thought it was too big of a hassle. Now that my wife is pregnant, I was thinking of getting the extension but instead I will continue to just leave the country every three months on vacation for a few days hold up in Macau/Singapore/HK.

I feel bad for all those people are who are actually going to make trips out to the middle of nowhere on a regular basis.