Abhisit's Motorcade Pelted With Fermented Fish, Bottles, Sandals In Lop Buri

george

Or the kidnap of an armed officer at the airport (the one that went back to get his motorcycle).

Or the kidnap of an undercover officer at the airport (the poor lady who was paraded on stage and looked petrified).

The PAD 'army' guards were violent time after time after time (shooting people and dumping their bodies out the back of the airport, running over policeman and who can forget the classic shooting at unarmed taxi drivers whilst his mate held a photo behind him...).

Are you working on a novel or something? Good luck with your work though. :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly cannot agree with what these protesters did. However this government came to power via the military, after the military installed courts evicted the elected government, what credibility do they have?

Yet rather than try and mend fences they have taken the suppression approach, which as at least half the country is red is never going to work, despite the urging of certain armchair fascists here. The reds are too big to go away, a deal needs to be cut and before things get really ugly for all of us living here. This isn't about sides, I really don't support either side, but can't but help stir the anti-reds as they are more prevalent and bring nothing whatsoever to the table intellectually.

In many countries including my own, they may have been shot, and the people would have applauded it.

And exactly what banana republic do you hail from? :)

That would be the United States of America and don't even think about throwing projectiles at our esteemed president, you will be sorry.

Those shoes would have never had a shot except in Bagdad, in a theoretically secure briefing room.

Sadly Bush had faster reactions.

In the USA you would be pick up, or picked off, before the laces were loosened.

The wouldn't be allowed with in a onions throw distance of POTUS without

a THOROUGH body search, metal detection and C4 sniffer scan.

This reminds me of the footage Michael Moore showed on one of his films.

Bush going down Pennsylvania Avenue on inaugurration day I think.

Protestors throwing eggs and some hitting the car.

Maybe someone can clarify it.... (even though I am not a big fan of Michael Moore style films.)

I think those lobbing eggs were upset at what they believed was an election result that wasn't really a win by Bush.

Throwing things is indeed daft behaviour.

How are security agents supposed to know bottles being thrown are not bombs? That is why people stupid and violent enough to throw projectiles at world leaders had better expect they may well JUSTIFIABLY be shot. Abhisit has already been violently attacked more than once by mobs of violent revolutionary red shirt Thaskinista thugs. Enough is enough, this can no longer be tolerated.

Edited by Jingthing

In many countries including my own, they may have been shot, and the people would have applauded it.

That would be the United States of America and don't even think about throwing projectiles at our esteemed president, you will be sorry.

Those shoes would have never had a shot except in Bagdad, in a theoretically secure briefing room.

Yes. Impressive stuff.

Many Americans haven't yet realised that it is their self-image which has made them so unpopular in so many places. Personally I have no problem with you guys, I take as I find, even though many of those I have met seem pretty close to being nut-jobs. But you certainly have the knack of pissing off a lot of people. Testosterone-heavy stuff like the above perhaps.

Edited by KevinBloodyWilson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAp6YAPtC2c

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_inaugur..._George_W._Bush

Ummm, and they have been known to shoot the odd one too..........

The Brits do it too.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/0...itics.gunkings/

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/0...gs/#cnnSTCVideo

Amusingly, the Americans see this as part of the "rich British tradition of political splatterings."

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1243...;pg=3661,150907

And one of the better political comebacks....

"Wilson mentioned the incident in his speech, noting that the use of a fresh egg was a clear sign that the cost of living couldn't have gone up too much"

I would like to see each and every "protestor" who attacked the PM's car charged, convicted, and locked up.

uhh, a fair trial is usually allowed in civilised countries. Not much into due process are you?

Does locking up some impoverished noodle seller for tossing a flip flop really achieve much? Let's see now: You probably remove the income earner from a family which means the kids go hungry and then most likely do what unsupervised kids minus a parent do, resort to delinquency. On top of that you make a martyr our out of the the flip flop thrower. The punishment of a crime must reflect the nature of the crime. In a country where murderers can walk around free, where politicians can loot the public coffers, you demand that some insignificant person be incarcerated for tossing a flip flop? Mmmkay. And how long does the great holder of jurisprudence and judicial wisdom want these people to go away for? Life? 10 years?

Get real and consider reality. If we locked up everyone that did something bad, the country would end up like the USA, Russia and China with millions behind bars chewing up valuable resources that could be better spent on health care, education etc. I don't want to pay for all these inmates ok. Do you? It achieves nothing, particularly with such cases. They threw stinky fish and flip flops. They did not use lethal weapons.

I am not excusing the assault. it was wrong and the people that did this, most certainly need to be stopped and dealt with in a manner so that they understand it was wrong and don't do it again. In this case, the Thai approach is more effective: You get them and force them to meet their victim and look him in the eye and listen to the damage that was done. Then they apoligize and pay restitution. That method achieves better results than putting some old lady or brain damaged male in jail.

Edited by geriatrickid

Here you go (Never heard or saw it), if you put your head in the sand like an ostrich you will never hear or see a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsEHKg-

Thanks for the link which showed "The URL contained a malformed video ID", after I clicked on it.

Well it runs perfectly well for me. Maybe you are subject to scrutiny by Big Brother.

I don't care if the guy is a noodle seller or a yaba dealer, you just don't throw projectiles at leaders of any country. Examples need to be made. I am sorry, these people ARE ignorant if they are so stupid they think that is OK. Of course, I would only be in favor of jailing those tried in court and proven by the evidence, same as happened to Thaksin, the yellow bellied COWARD.

Edited by Jingthing

I don't care if the guy is a noodle seller or a yaba dealer, you just don't throw projectiles at leaders of any country. Examples need to be made. I am sorry, these people ARE ignorant if they are so stupid they think that is OK. Of course, I would only be in favor of jailing those tried in court and proven by the evidence, same as happened to Thaksin, the yellow bellied COWARD.

Throwing non lethal objects at politicians has been part of politics the world over for many years.

The reason that no one throws something lethal at the US President or other world leaders is because you can't get close enough to do it. The secret services know what they are doing and make sure that people who are in proximity close enough to thrown something lethal, are never carrying anything more lethal than an egg or a shoe.

When was the last time Obama went walkabout? Months.

Why does every new US President magically go up 2 suit sizes when he speaks in an open public forum? Bullet proof vests.

You could probably use a grenade launcher on the President's car and it would bounce off.

I would be infinitely more worried about the stupid press conferences that politicians in Thailand makes as they leave buildings.

They threw some fish sauce and some flip flops at his cavalcade. In various articles, it states that 1000 police and soldiers were there to keep the peace and only 50 red shirts, and yet they were able to pelt his cavalcade. I would suggest that the PM get better protection.

They registered their views. Welcome to the world of modern Thai politics.

Hopefully, his new bullet proof car survived, although anyone buying a slightly owned BMW should look out the for the fragrant smell of pla ra in the AC.

That video at the top of the page is from government house, not from the airport.

I don't remember news of any armed or unarmed police defending the airport. The security guards simply backed off there when PAD entered the building. Entering the airport is not illegal per se.

"Shooting at unarmed taxi drivers" was not "again and again", it was on the day the main PAD party was on the way to the airport and was ambushed in that area, so some guards turned around and confronted the attackers.

There were some murky cases during the airport saga, and it WAS a no go zone for the police, just as the govt house was a police no go zone earlier.

Still airport was the culmination of six month long protest that in the first few months didn't have any guards at all, until PAD came under constant attacks across the country, and later had grenades thrown in their Bangkok camp at night.

Anyway, it's not related to the current topic, but if some posters feel the need to take a PAD ride, then it goes both ways.

50 red demostrators throwing stuff at the motorcade are rather pathetic and it reflects worse on their own image rather than Abhisit who probably will not dignify them even with a comment. That's just like trying to bully an elephant.

Sorry TAH, I don't accept, not after the brutal attacks on Abhisit's car during and after the Black Songkran events. Like I said, a bottle could easily be a bomb. I agree the security needs to be beefed up, but I also think anyone doing this should be arrested.

Sorry TAH, I don't accept, not after the brutal attacks on Abhisit's car during and after the Black Songkran events. Like I said, a bottle could easily be a bomb. I agree the security needs to be beefed up, but I also think anyone doing this should be arrested.

I don't disagree that they should be arrested either, but the punishment should fit the crime and be handled in a common sense way.

I don't know if the Thai system has the sophistication to handle it. when offending someone's face can land you in jail for two years, what price a farmer throwing smelly fish? Petty affray caution, suspended for 6 months, or 10 years hard labour?

There is a massive difference between bunging a bag of bla ra, and a bomb. The law should be able to handle it, although, I would prefer that politicians take their public haranging and get on with the business.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-40...l-sentence.html

A fathers' rights campaigner who smashed an egg over the head of Cabinet minister Ruth Kelly today escaped jail and was given a community punishment order instead in court.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-34...icks-again.html

Later Northamptonshire police said two people had been arrested for throwing eggs.

Both had been released after being fined.

Clearly this incident with the bad fish was not much,

but seems to have raised a stink.

It should never have been allowed to happen,

but apparently Abhisit doesn't give a Tweet about it. :)

It has caused a pretty useless food fight on TVF also,

not a vegetable was left sleeping in any corner.

So, no double standards here. It is apparantly ok with Animatic to throw things at PMs. Stick to the kool aid mate. You are so full of liberal bs that you type it time after time with no thought of what you are saying.

I hail from a country much more free than "the land of the free" but if anyone would throw anything to a motorcade like here the police had all 50 (pffft) in the station and booked. Any junior had to be picked up by a guardian and the guardian would have an ear full on how to bring up a youngster. This so called freedom to protest is getting out of hand but it is perceived that freedom means to be free to do what one wants, it is not getting the correct attention. It will get worse, slowly worse by time until the police understands its role and knows how to stop these excesses the correct way. Was there no security personnel outside the venue? Did they not spotted anything, unbelievable. Fire the cops too, not up to spec....

PM's motorcade pelted with fermented fish, bottles, sandals in Lop Buri

LOP BURI: -- The motorcade of Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva was pelted with bags of fermented fish, water bottles and sandals when it was leaving the a municipality office Saturday morning.

Abhisit, Deputy Prime Minister Korbsak Sabhavasu, PM's Office Minister Satit Wongnongtaey and Deputy Commerce Minister Alongkorn Pollabutr travelled together in a motorcade to the Tambon Thawung Municipality in Thawung district.

The prime minster went there to give price guarantee contracts and registration certificates to farmers who registered under the commodity price guarantee scheme. The prime minister also taped his TV programme at the municipality office.

Some 50 red-shirt protesters protested against the prime minister about 30 metres away from the office.

At 10 am, when the motorcade left the office, the protesters bombarded the motorcade with fermented fish bags, water bottles and sandals.

:) if abhisit is not the most patient pm, who is??????

such indignities are totally are uncalled for if thais are to be a civil people :D .

The events clearly show that democracy is not the real aim and never will be of the reds.

Unless democracy means 'reds wins at any cost'.

A democratic process begins long before any election and never stops. An election in itself is but a very small detail in it.

Unless some posters realize that we will have the same boring rehash of one-liners here in this thread and for future years to come...*yawn*.

TAWP I've read your posts and never once have you taken your f-----g blinkers off you are a diehard yellow supporter through and through and you have the balls to talk about democracy.

The actions of the yellows of course are completely identified with democracy, are there anymore like you at home.

I certainly cannot agree with what these protesters did. However this government came to power via the military, after the military installed courts evicted the elected government, what credibility do they have?

Yet rather than try and mend fences they have taken the suppression approach, which as at least half the country is red is never going to work, despite the urging of certain armchair fascists here. The reds are too big to go away, a deal needs to be cut and before things get really ugly for all of us living here. This isn't about sides, I really don't support either side, but can't but help stir the anti-reds as they are more prevalent and bring nothing whatsoever to the table intellectually.

"nothing whatsoever to the table intellectually." hahaha read carefully what you wrote. Keep on repeating the red mantra and then saying "really don't support either side" come on Chunkton, do you heard of Pinocchio? I guess your nose is at least one meter long hahahaha

Edited by dre1247

The events clearly show that democracy is not the real aim and never will be of the reds.

Unless democracy means 'reds wins at any cost'.

A democratic process begins long before any election and never stops. An election in itself is but a very small detail in it.

Unless some posters realize that we will have the same boring rehash of one-liners here in this thread and for future years to come...*yawn*.

Sorry me old dipstick but the reds leaders did win the last four elections yet were denied the chance to govern.

Ignorance at its finest and it's attitudes like yours that will lead to more trouble as the elite hang on to power and subvert election after election to remain at the trough.

They BOUGHT the last 4 election grandpops, and they were disquallified for good reason. You did not get emotionally and interlectually stuck at the age of 16 did you? Just an honest question after reading your rubbish.....

Why doesn't some quick witted reporter find the individual threw the stuff and find out why they were there protesting and why they threw it?

Credible or not, it would be worthwhile to know if the grievances were reasons for the protest were genuine or not.

They were wearing RED SHIRTS. What more do you need to know? They are puppets of Thaksin doing his bidding to tear this country apart at any cost for the sake of returning to total power their dear leader.

Edited by Jingthing