Tot Internetconnection Poor Since 2 Weeks More Than Ever....

moskito

TOT means DEAD in german language and so is the ToT internetconnection since about two weeks in my house. Some calls to the service center in Bkk doesnt help.

Does someone experience the same probs I have?

I remember about 5 years ago, when some guys in the government shouted to make Phuket the NO 1 internet hub in ASIA :):D :D

talking talking talking....but what I receive as an internetconnection these days is more than poor and sometimes slower than my old 56k modem

10 years ago

thats a screenshot of my pingplotter I have always running in backround

ToT%20connection%20sa%2012-09-2009%202240.jpg

I have TOT, just done a test (result below). Maybe it's a very local problem with your connection?

Last Result:

Download Speed: 3453 kbps (431.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 413 kbps (51.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

TEST TIME:: Saturday September 12, 2009, 08:07 PM

Let's hope that there is something new on the pipe.

Just yesterday I saw here in Phuket an Internet connection with 13Mbps down / 7Mbps up! from the EU/USA.

It did made me cry a bit, but also hoping that these connections are coming for our usage after testing period.

-Pekka

Who is the ISP and where can i sign up?...unless it's a dedicated lease line and costs 30k a month...

RE: TOT service about 1.5 weeks ago I was with out internet for 3 days and then it would drop out constantly for the following 4-5 days.

been stable for about the past 5 days now, but that's all I can say.

7.15 am Sunday: Same problem for several days. TOT say they have a problem with their international connection. I have a VERY nominal 4 Mb/s line Using Speedtest .net I get a download speed of 0.39 and upload 0.07 ,ping 449. No BKK server seen, it routes through Penang in Malaysia . If I use ADSL Thailand speedtest I get normal speeds: 3.5Mb/s down, .45 up.

This is the third time in about 2 weeks this has happened.

I have TOT, just done a test (result below). Maybe it's a very local problem with your connection?

Last Result:

Hi

What server?? BKK or??

Last Result:

Hi

What server?? BKK or??

Just checked again, very similar speeds, and appears to have been Penang.

Let's hope that there is something new on the pipe.

Just yesterday I saw here in Phuket an Internet connection with 13Mbps down / 7Mbps up! from the EU/USA.

It did made me cry a bit, but also hoping that these connections are coming for our usage after testing period.

-Pekka

Who what where and how much ??

Anything happening on that FTTH That Woody was talking about ??

In order to operate my business, I must have 3 Internet Service Providers. I use TT&t, CAT Leased Firber Optic lilnes to Bangkok and TOT. You may rest assured that TOT is the poor performer and is on line about 50% of the time. CAT works excellent but is expensive. TOT appears to be oversold for the band with they have. Most other people who have TOT tell me the same story. TT&T does a reasonable job but drops out a lot. I have brought this to the attention of TOT several times and they simply say they are working to make it better. The last big door to door sales program gave me 4 megs and 900 Baht free phone service amounting to 900 Baht per month. The party line must be way over sold.

I've 2 internet connections - TOT landline and a CAT wireless connection.

The TOT connection was reasonable at best but for the last 4 weeks or more has been just a bit better than completely useless.

'

Speeds that I used to have when I had a 33.6k modem 12 years ago are not uncommon that's when I have a connection in the first place.

Throughout the day there'll be no internet then it will come back for 20 minutes, go off again, come back - and its like this at all times not just weekends and evenings.

There is clearly something seriously wrong with the service but TOT refuse to acknowledge this.

I'm going to give it 1 more month before I cancel.

I know it will probably do no good at all,apart from a little self satisfaction but I am going to make myself a pain in the a-se to TOT.I am going to call them everyday and call into the office everytime I am passing.You never know when I waited 6 months for a connection I did the same.It got me the managers mobile number from one of the ladies who was on my side.It really p-ssed him off when I called him and wanted to know who had given me his number.

I know it will probably do no good at all,apart from a little self satisfaction but I am going to make myself a pain in the a-se to TOT.I am going to call them everyday and call into the office everytime I am passing.You never know when I waited 6 months for a connection I did the same.It got me the managers mobile number from one of the ladies who was on my side.It really p-ssed him off when I called him and wanted to know who had given me his number.

Hi

I did that in Patong and they did come out a few times and say,, oohhh very slow, that was it, then went for CAT CDMA

10.20 pm Sunday 13th. International still not working. After pressing the poor girl on the 1100 TOT call centre she finally said that there is a problem with the fibre optic cable and that it is being worked on . Do you believe that or is it they just won't pay up for more bandwidth?

10.20 pm Sunday 13th. International still not working. After pressing the poor girl on the 1100 TOT call centre she finally said that there is a problem with the fibre optic cable and that it is being worked on . Do you believe that or is it they just won't pay up for more bandwidth?

I do not believe a thing they say.She is just telling you what she thinks you want to hear.Now if she said "I know TOT gives cr-ap service and I would look at changing" then I might believe her.

In order to operate my business, I must have 3 Internet Service Providers. I use TT&t, CAT Leased Firber Optic lilnes to Bangkok and TOT.

You have a fibre line to the business ???

I thought they were not available yet.. What is the pricing and speed ??

Your not confusing this with the CAT xDSL line are you ??