Fat Men, Small Thai Women.

jasonstod

There is of course the faery tale of the Beauty and the Beast, where Beast has exquisite manners and behave like the perfect Gent, but still looks like a beast.

Over time the beauty is more and more struck by the gentle nature of the beast and sees through the overt features and falls in love and in time the beauty actually sees a handsome young Prince.

If you base all your perceptions on prima facie evidence, I would suggest it is a pretty hollow outlook on life.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amusing posts!!!

I see that this is a very touching subject. The whole weight thing only gets to me when you get these cocky gym freaks that start running their mouths on these boards. LOL Yes, I am overweight, i do not consider myself extremely obese or anything. I am of course not an average size man, but i would put just about any amount of money that i could out run a good majority of the so called "average" yet lazy guys who have all the free time in the world to post on here...lol. My wife and I are in our mid 30's and I have done some time with the good old US Army, so i know what it means to be lean and mean...just now that i'm out i too have gotten a little lazy and it shows. I'm just here to stir peoples brains and have a little fun.

There was someone who wanted to know more about me, well i don't see how that matters any. But unlike the majority of people here, my wife is actually a couple years older than I am and yes, I make a healthy living for the time being. When I came to Thailand I didn't go around flashing money like a lot of people I have seen. And it's unfortunate but those are the people who get taken and maybe they deserve it.

After a while of being together I made it a point to talk about money and expectations for the future and so she is fully aware that if she was looking for someone with money she was hangin around the wrong person. I made it clear that I make just the average wage, and I can not afford to go out shopping everyday or partying every night. She is not worried about that. She is more interested in having children, starting a family...and away from Thailand because I have met her family and some of them...well...i'm sure we all have questionable family members.

I don't want to get too deep into my personal life here, but there was a time that I actually had to ask her for a hefty chunk of money because I could not access mine and there was absolutely no hesitation. Just a little more that lets me know I have the perfect woman.

I would also be willing to be that most of the people who do pass judgment on others are also not happy with themselves for whatever reason. I say stop worrying about others and do like your mother told you, "if you don't have anything nice to say....DON'T say anything" it works...trust me. LOL!

Keep it coming people, I know there are those out there that pick apart every word in a post and try to assume this or that....its amusing!!

My buddy is well over weight , so much so that instead of a neck he has an exended torso . However , being HUGE isnt a problem , the ladies love his double beer barrel stomach and he never has problems with getting a lady. He recently married a beautiful woman , stunning in fact and no one can understand why she would chose him rather than a younger healthier and fitter looking man . The Answer is that he is one of the nicest genuine guys you would want to meet. Its not always the looks and money that attract the girls as he hasnt got much dosh but obviously being who he is makes up for what he hasnt got.

Its not always the looks and money that attract the girls

Buddy I you are living in a dream world Only thing that works in LOS is MONEY you can get anything buddy

Hi Jason, I am not interested in who goes with who. Each to his own I say. And if other people don't like it.....stiff!

But I am intrigue by the fact you've been amongst us for 8 months and only made 15 posts. I leads me to think we TV members aren't worthy of sharing your thoughts.

Oh well, each to his own. :)

Buddy I you are living in a dream world Only thing that works in LOS is MONEY you can get anything buddy

I have not found this to be true. It is probably about 99% true if you confine yourself to the major tourist areas. However, I've had a police officer give me a ride across town when I was lost walking around Bangkok at midnight (don't ask), and he expected only conversation in return. I have also received free medical care when I had dengue fever in the countryside, during a time when I was working as a volunteer teacher. None of the hospital staff were gaining anything from me, monetarily or otherwise. I was once allowed to stay for free at a guest house in Trat Province that had no room vacancies, on the back porch under a borrowed mosquito net and blanket. In all of these cases, the Thai people who helped me went out of their way, and got no concrete reward out of it.

The way you behave in Thailand has a huge effect on how you will be treated by Thai people, but I think that is true almost anywhere you go. That said, you should be careful who you trust, and who you rely on for help. In the incidents mentioned above, there were plenty of dishonest people around too. But not all Thai people are out to scam you.

As you all can see I don't post much on here, but I do a lot of reading. I find something hard to understand that seems to be a "big" subject of discussion. Why do people make the assumption that because a man is fat he should not be with a Thai woman or that the Thai woman would not want to be with a fat guy unless it is for of money??? You know, this is not just Thai women either. When people anywhere around the world see a beautiful woman with an over weight man they assume she is only in it for money. So, I guess men who do not fit the "average" should not be with any woman? Or, should we only be with fat women? I would also guess that because we do not fit the "average", we have no personality or no charm or intelligence or.....what is it, really? So people are only supposed to fall in love based on physical appearance? I'm just looking for a little help in understanding some people's posts. It's not just on this site I read over on Bangkok Post as well and it just blows my mind the things I read. Regardless of what some of yall think, people CAN connect in other ways than just physically. My wife has explained to me time and time again that she has been with the "sexy" man type, and they all are SHIT! Ego's bigger than Texas, don't treat their women with any kind of respect. At any rate, like I said before, I'm just looking for a little help in understanding other people's posts..........

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I agree, it is strange behaviour and it is the same everywhere in the western culture I think!

If you are bald or if you have an overweight. I personally (bald) have noticed that people with most problem with bald guys and always comment about it, is guys WITH hair....... I dont know what it is all about? A man without hair is not a real man, or what?? One could think that if they have hair they should just keep their mouth shut!

Same with overweight guys, you look quite Ok, you always comment a fat guy... For me personally I do not take it too seriously because I learnt that if a guy comment badly stuff like that, he is most likely an idiot anyway, and I do not want him arround me or my family.

The girls down here in Thailand are in this for the money, we all know this inside, for some DEEP inside, and it doesn´t matter if you are fat, good looking, old or young or bald. They value a nice man with a GOOD heart. And after experience they know that if they choose a guy that are too young, he cannot support her, they know that young men are here for a short good time as they said.

So the comments about overweight and bald, dont worry, these guys will eventually also be overweight and bald and in return have to listen to other young men saying the very same thing.

A good heart is superiour to a skinny body with lots of hair...

Glegolo

+++

So the comments about overweight and bald, dont worry, these guys will eventually also be overweight and bald and in return have to listen to other young men saying the very same thing.

A good heart is superiour to a skinny body with lots of hair...

Glegolo

+++

But as long as we have the benefit of modern health and nutrition research, why not make the effort to keep ourselves physically healthy throughout our lives? I know there's not much we can do for receding hairlines, but keeping ourselves fit is a great idea, and will improve the quality of our lives greatly as we age. I don't just mean this from an aesthetic point of view. I mean less heart disease, less diabetes, less arthritis, lower blood pressure, better sex life, etc. It's great to be alive. Might as well make the quality of that life as good as possible, as long as possible.

I mean no disrespect to anyone who is overweight. I just want people to feel good, strong and healthy!

But as long as we have the benefit of modern health and nutrition research, why not make the effort to keep ourselves physically healthy throughout our lives? I know there's not much we can do for receding hairlines, but keeping ourselves fit is a great idea, and will improve the quality of our lives greatly as we age. I don't just mean this from an aesthetic point of view. I mean less heart disease, less diabetes, less arthritis, lower blood pressure, better sex life, etc. It's great to be alive. Might as well make the quality of that life as good as possible, as long as possible.

I mean no disrespect to anyone who is overweight. I just want people to feel good, strong and healthy!

-------------------------------------------

Yes I agree with you. overweight is not an excuse just to sit down on your ass doing nothing. But I am not so sure that the threadstarter meant that really.

Why are we so mean when it comes to overweight people and also bald people??? They are worth less??? They are more stupid???

WEhy is it so fantastic to attack.... you see it on TV-shows, different forums, yes everywhere around us. Me myself is 58, bald but not overweight, i do exercise daily, so I do like the thread-starter, I just wondering about this fenoma...

Glegolo

+++

I would say Rubbish but that's not 100% accurate.

Money can buy your pretty much every thing, I wont deny that, financial security is important to people everywhere in the world, but as is also the case everywhere in the world, it is most certainly NOT the only thing that works.

Explain to the missus that your money has dried up and from now on you will have to live nothing more than a frugal life.

The vast majority will be off before their feet can touch the ground. If the lady stays, don't worry, if you are fat, slim, ugly or good looking, you have a good partner.

It's so obvious why this subject brings out so many insecurities

Your opinion dosent make you shallow, it makes you western, thais dont think the same way as we do, ive never met a bigoted opinionated thai yet, but there are plenty of farang on here with those qualities , get my drift ? :) .nothing personal,.

Ok, either this has to be sarcasm, or you have not met very many Thai people! :D I am not saying that Thai people are especially bigoted or opinionated, but they are human, and have the same flaws as humans from any other place.

To turn it around, have you ever met a Thai man who married a Thai woman significantly older and/or overweight than he is?

NO, so why should farang, ? i rest my case,... :D ..

I am old, fat,bald and ugly, my girlfriend is with me only for the money, so what.
ABSOLUTLY,to some posters on here it seems you should be on the first plane home and get a proper bird, one of about 55 and 90 kilos :D ,these young guns hate the older guys having "their women " lol...... :D .Why is youth wasted on the young, :) .isnt jealousy an awful thing,.... :D

Your opinion dosent make you shallow, it makes you western, thais dont think the same way as we do, ive never met a bigoted opinionated thai yet, but there are plenty of farang on here with those qualities , get my drift ? :) .nothing personal,.

Not sure i do. Can you spell it out? Do you mean that because i wouldn't consider a relationship of a sexual nature with an overweight woman who was much older than me, that makes me bigoted and opinionated?

I think you misread into it,.no ,that makes you the same as some people are disgusted with here,

( maybe im one )wanting a choice ..from choice ill always take a young slim woman over a fat'n 50 one,,anyone that prefers them has probably got one already !,.i make no apolagies for liking younger women,.who cares that money is sometimes involved,.ill tell you who cares, young men and those with no money, tough,. :D

Your opinion dosent make you shallow, it makes you western, thais dont think the same way as we do, ive never met a bigoted opinionated thai yet, but there are plenty of farang on here with those qualities , get my drift ? :D .nothing personal,.

Ok, either this has to be sarcasm, or you have not met very many Thai people! :D I am not saying that Thai people are especially bigoted or opinionated, but they are human, and have the same flaws as humans from any other place.

To turn it around, have you ever met a Thai man who married a Thai woman significantly older and/or overweight than he is?

I was replying to your statement that wanting a younger, slimmer girlfriend makes a man "Western." I would say it is more universal than Eastern or Western! I don't see how Thais differ in this regard (in your quote above, you said that Thais don't think the same way we do, which I assumed you meant in regards to the statement that you made in the same sentence about this making Mr. rixalex "Western").

Not that I particularly care. I have no dog in this race, and I couldn't care less how young or slim your girlfriend is. I'm just trying to sort out what it is that you are trying to say! :)

Edited by oevna

Your opinion dosent make you shallow, it makes you western, thais dont think the same way as we do, ive never met a bigoted opinionated thai yet, but there are plenty of farang on here with those qualities , get my drift ? :D .nothing personal,.

I was replying to your statement that wanting a younger, slimmer girlfriend makes a man "Western." I would say it is more universal than Eastern or Western! I don't see how Thais differ in this regard (in your quote above, you said that Thais don't think the same way we do, which I assumed you meant in regards to the statement that you made in the same sentence about this making Mr. rixalex "Western").

Not that I particularly care. I have no dog in this race, and I couldn't care less how young or slim your girlfriend is. I'm just trying to sort out what it is that you are trying to say! :)

Sorry ,ive lost the plot now,. :D .actually it wasnt directed at you as such, i meant it seems a western thought that fat blokes shouldnt be with skinny girls,thais dont seem to be opinionated about it,.im not affected either way as im not fat and my woman isnt skinny / :D

I am old, fat,bald and ugly, my girlfriend is with me only for the money, so what.
ABSOLUTLY,to some posters on here it seems you should be on the first plane home and get a proper bird, one of about 55 and 90 kilos :D ,these young guns hate the older guys having "their women " lol...... :D .Why is youth wasted on the young, :) .isnt jealousy an awful thing,.... :D

Im not jealous at all for old fat guys to have young sexy girls. They pay them to compensate for going out with them. I dont see the problem at all, but its serious when the guys start to kid themselves to think they are attractive while in reality only their "fat" wallet attracts the girls. When the guys understand its just a business deal there is nothing bad with that.

Plenty of young girls here to go around and i don't even have to pay they even share everything with me.

Explain to the missus that your money has dried up and from now on you will have to live nothing more than a frugal life.

This is what I did, eight years ago,... and she is still taking care of myself :)

Thats great to hear and i know there are many other relationships like yours, but in my opinion, in the vast minority.

Sorry ,ive lost the plot now,. :) .actually it wasnt directed at you as such, i meant it seems a western thought that fat blokes shouldnt be with skinny girls,thais dont seem to be opinionated about it,.im not affected either way as im not fat and my woman isnt skinny / :D

Ok, I get your meaning now. I imagine the Thais have their opinions about it, they just don't tend to make a fuss about it.

And why did we giggle?

Of the fact that nobody at all even noticed this, kind of mismatched couple, if I can use this phrase, until he ordered all the food.

Pretty infantile behavior. So what if he'd ordered a salad, would everyone still be laffing? Somehow I don't find the scenario that amusing.... indeed bizarre. :)

I totally agree with you.

My brother and I giggled because we found the entire situation bizzare really.

Not because of the couple and their actions, but how the staff reacted.

My buddy is well over weight , so much so that instead of a neck he has an exended torso . However , being HUGE isnt a problem , the ladies love his double beer barrel stomach and he never has problems with getting a lady. He recently married a beautiful woman , stunning in fact and no one can understand why she would chose him rather than a younger healthier and fitter looking man . The Answer is that he is one of the nicest genuine guys you would want to meet. Its not always the looks and money that attract the girls as he hasnt got much dosh but obviously being who he is makes up for what he hasnt got.
Its not just thai women either ,i have a friend in the uk that is probably 110 kilos, hes got a superb personality and ive been friends with him for 30 years, women swoon over him, he makes them laugh and feel like the only woman alive,,, ask the girls what they like, a body/looks wont be on the top of the list i bet,.unlike us men ,and thats what gets us into trouble ! :):D ,.......

Gets you in trouble.. i learned my lesson after 1 sexy wife from hel_l. I tend to want a girl with a brain and of course normal looks. Rather have an average girl with a brain then a looker with bad temper. However most perfect would be a looker with a brain.

There is some evidence that good looking people develop less social skills due to other peoples reactions in social interactions with them. The other people ignore social failing/faults because the people are nice to look at.

Some heavyweights are super nice guys. They are easy to please, rarely get upset and are not demanding when it comes to sex. And being fat doesn't always have to be a permanent thing. Of course you could say the same thing about some thin men.

Personally, I think some people have extra pounds/kilograms because they are so easy going that few things stress them. In turn, with this attitude toward life they burn fewer calories than someone who is always stressed out. Just my opinion.

:D:D:D Big belly means big money,got it? :):D:D:D:D

Im not jealous at all for old fat guys to have young sexy girls. They pay them to compensate for going out with them. I dont see the problem at all, but its serious when the guys start to kid themselves to think they are attractive while in reality only their "fat" wallet attracts the girls. When the guys understand its just a business deal there is nothing bad with that.

Plenty of young girls here to go around and i don't even have to pay they even share everything with me.

You are my hero Rob. In my next life I wanna be like you. It used to be I wanted to be like Tiger Woods (my golf game is a bit rusty these days) but I am going on record to change this. Sorry Tiger.

Some folks just like plumpers. I had a buddy in the States that was 110lbs soaking wet, but he would only date women 200lbs +. Some folks just like that, I don't see why Thais wouldn't have similar people.

However if I was putting money on it, I would definitely say that for well over half of the attractive young women you see here, who are with some fat farang guy, MONEY plays a key factor in it.

Some folks just like plumpers. I had a buddy in the States that was 110lbs soaking wet, but he would only date women 200lbs +. Some folks just like that, I don't see why Thais wouldn't have similar people.

However if I was putting money on it, I would definitely say that for well over half of the attractive young women you see here, who are with some fat farang guy, MONEY plays a key factor in it.

You obviously havent met my wife.