Proof Of Foreign Money?

I've read several times that you have to have proof that the money came from outside the country to buy property. I assume this means any property, whether it's a condo, house, or vacant land.

My question - does this only apply to real estate, or does it also apply to buying a business or shares in a corporation?

Thanks

Good question though i'm sure its been talked about a few times now in the threads. A quick search will show what they have all said. I would imagine that the money for anything would have to come from outside of Thailand. Unless a workpermit is in hand? I'll let the professionals answer more.

I've read several times that you have to have proof that the money came from outside the country to buy property.  I assume this means any property, whether it's a condo, house, or vacant land.

My question - does this only apply to real estate, or does it also apply to buying a business or shares in a corporation?

Thanks

Unless you have residency, you do need proof that money came from outside the country to buy a condo. Generally speaking, you can't buy a house or land in your own name wherever the money comes from.

Money for buying shares does not have to come from outside the country.