A Day And Night Away From Bangkok

ChangMaiSausage

Looking for some ideas I have a day and night spare whilst in Bangkok and fancy driving out to spend some relaxing time by the sea.

Where should I go I've done Hua Hin and Samet, any ideas.....

Hua Hin and Pattaya within striking distance but don't forget Ayutthaya. I'm sure many members will have some great ideas for you.

Good luck.

Go to Pattaya but stay in Jomtien which is joined to Pattaya but 5 kilos down the cost..The reason I say this is you won't waste time getting there and its quieter than Pattaya but if needs must a night time trip into town on the Baht bus 20 baht max can be on the cards.You can travel futher out of Jomtien for a really quiet beach and the sea is ok. You can also get a good room for 600 to 800 baht. Have a good trip Dave

Too many places to think about! Gosh, Ko Samet, good choice but a little up market lately more and more now. The old capitol of Ayuttha is brilliant for history buffs and go up on third class train from Hua Lampong for about B15 is a good experience. Hua Hin's OK but not my favourite, becoming a bit too "toruisty" in places lately, though they have an interesting temple to the south and large Buddha statue with Chinese temples worth seeing. Ko chang is also worth a trip, only 3 hours on the night bus but 5 hours on most day buses so pushing it a bit if only short time. Jomtien is worth a trip too but a bit crowded on the beaches with umbrellas and things but good for a short time. If you are into lots of sex Pattaya will give you some horrendous disease with in a short time if you want or you can meet girls there who'll give you a story about a sick buffalo if you pay too much attention to them. There are some Thai only beaches too which are really nice and you can avoid all the touristy stuff too,to get a real feel for a more Thai experience on the South East beaches if you like. There is also a fantastic temple at Chaochongsaeo you can get to on the East train and again it's a Thai thing so you avoid all the farangs and get a more genuine Thai-Buddhist experience. Mate too much to do here, really it's a great place. Lots of other trips worth taking around here. You NEED way more than short time here!

Give Bang Saen Beach a look. About an hour or so out of Bangkok.

This is one of many places to stay there:

http://www.hotelsguidethailand.com/home/<deleted>...n&code=1081

We wnnt to BangSaen last month and could hardly see the beach for the many empty beach chairs there. BangSaen can really not be recommended.

Perhaps, you ought to have explored a bit...I used to find some very nice beaches there with no chairs. However, it has been a few years, maybe things have changed?

Confused about this: "many empty chairs there". Why didn't you just sit in the front row of beach chairs and have an unobstructed view of the sea? If there were so many empty?

While BangSaen beach may not be perfect...remember, the original poster asked about where to go for a Day And Night Away From Bangkok. When you factor in traveling time, going and returning...that eats up a lot of the day & night away from Bangkok. BanSaen Beach is a little more than an hour out of Bangkok. Not the 3 hours to Koh Samet or the 6 hours to Koh Chang, or the 2 1/2 hours to Hua Hin.

Edited by maxjay