Craving For A Peters Pie

Firstly, all the best pies in Oz are made by Vietnamese chefs now. They win all the competitions over here. The quality is much better nad they use meat and no grissle or fatty lumps, like Mrs Macs.

In Phuket there is a lady called Sue who makes great meat and fruit pies. She is from Sydney originally. Do a Google search for Sue the pie lady phuket. I think that will find her. Hope you live in Phuket. Happy hunting ! Another idea..... do a Google search , how to make meat pie and then make them yourself or ask a good Thai cook to do them, very easy.

The Peters pies that I remember were in the UK and made in a factory in Bedwas, Caerphilly in Wales and still are.

I used to run a tea bar at RAF St Athan air base and I used to sell about 150 pies and pasties a week which back in 1977 was a nice little earner then.

Firstly, all the best pies in Oz are made by Vietnamese chefs now. They win all the competitions over here. The quality is much better nad they use meat and no grissle or fatty lumps, like Mrs Macs.

In Phuket there is a lady called Sue who makes great meat and fruit pies. She is from Sydney originally. Do a Google search for Sue the pie lady phuket. I think that will find her. Hope you live in Phuket. Happy hunting ! Another idea..... do a Google search , how to make meat pie and then make them yourself or ask a good Thai cook to do them, very easy.

Cheers... : :)

• 4 weeks later...
The Peters pies that I remember were in the UK and made in a factory in Bedwas, Caerphilly in Wales and still are.

I used to run a tea bar at RAF St Athan air base and I used to sell about 150 pies and pasties a week which back in 1977 was a nice little earner then.

Yes.since I come from Bristol, Peters pies were often about...but in Bristol the pie to watch out for was Clarks. Hard pastry...full of gravy and tiny pieces of what I always thought of as potato and...sometimes...if you were lucky...a minute lump of meat.......a terrible pie but sold everywhere and I must admit they did have a taste :)

You see frozen Aussie pies in Rimping Chiang Mai sometimes. Fourandtwenty usually and once a sighting of the great Villis was reported.

A passable local product is always available, a good dollop of Rosella tomato sauce and you'd never know the difference.