Where is a phone number?

Orthelius

Have been lurking for a month, first post. Okay, I admit it. I'm as stupid as any other novice to LOS. I send her $100 USD every month (ain't no thang) and will be going back to visit in December to Bangkok. Met her in Pattaya and she relocated to BK. I think. ("Don't like massage, no more, only you", etc.)  I like her a lot, very fun, energetic. Not young (37), but not old. From her end "Love you, only you, etc."  99% percent sure it's a load of crap, but what the ####, we have fun. I send mail to an address in BK, but for all I know it's a friend or sister. Yes, I know I'm a fool, but not looking for undying love, exclusivity. My question is ...Is she in Pattaya or in BK? Can I know from a phone number? Many, many phone numbers (669-661-.... and 661-555-....,667-138-..., 666-113-..., 665-140-...) How to know where these numbers originate? Any help? Don't want to hit her over the head with contradictions, but I am curious. You folks appear to be the quasi-experts in both positive and negative experiences.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you feel you are getting good value for your money then you are not a fool,  just enjoy yourself.

If her mobile phone number keeps changing then she is probably using a street stall mobile phone where you pay the stall holder for each call.

If her location is important to you then phone back and ask where it is.  Can you speak a little thai ?

May be she is using a service from a small "shop phone" to call you. I heard these small shops get Bulk Packages and offer very lower Prices for Long distance Calls. [Mostly they use Mobiles]

I doubt she will use her own mobile and then get an International connection [by keeping a deposit] to call you, due to the high cost involved. [Assuming she is Poor Enough to except your 100 USD each month] :o

i had a great girlfriend from a massage place.  i sent $100 a month to for 2 years.  This kept her out of the bar/massage scene.  Now she is married to a great English guy who met her at the restraunt she was waitressing in.  Most of the money went to her daughters education.  Good on you!

A point of simple logic.   Not directed towards anyone in particular.  :o   A bar girl, a girl working in a massage parlour, etc. making 20,000-150,000 Baht a month (for the higher end places)...   and who usually have nothing in terms of capital assets (apart from SOMETIMES a home or partially completed house upcountry... certainly not any kind of income stream for the future) purchased by themselves (that is, not given to them by a sponsor) no matter how long they work...   how could INCREASING their current revenue (by sending them money) OR DECREASING their revenue (by sending them to learn English or hairdressing.... which they can already afford to do for themselves typically) be of any benefit whatsoever?

:D

i had a great girlfriend from a massage place.  i sent $100 a month to for 2 years.  This kept her out of the bar/massage scene.  Now she is married to a great English guy who met her at the restraunt she was waitressing in.  Most of the money went to her daughters education.  Good on you!

Well done Sam, i help someone out also. I give 10,000 a month, not a lot for me, but it sure is to the person i am helping. And it makes me feel good.

maigo6,and samuisam, and any others sending money over to your povery stricken little tilaks in thailand.

you poor deluded lovestruck fools!!!

sending money over to support bar girls (i am assuming that they are bar girls or sex industry girls).

my wifes family own an apartment block just off sukhumvit,36 small bed-sit type apartments with a little convenience store attached. most of the apartments are rented by bar/massage girls,sometimes 3 to an apartment.the girls are vivacious,fun and mostly beautiful.they lead an envious lifestyle.

they can afford to.

the girls come down to the shop,literally on a daily basis to get letters and e-mails translated from english into thai,and then to formulate suitable replies to the poor suckers who have made the fatal mistake of "falling in love" with these girls.

these girls,or a very high percentage of the ones that we write letters for,have three,four,five or more guys on the go at one time,the money comes rolling in on a monthly basis,supposedly to support children,family,pay the rental on the apartment,build a house etc.

in all cases the guy thinks he is the only one.

in all cases the girl makes him think he is the only one.

in 90% of cases the money is used to pay off gambling debts,buy gold,pay the bills on the three or four mobile phones that each girl has.etc.etc.etc.and buy vast amounts of alcohol from the shop.

very little money goes to support the family back home.

i sometimes get to meet you guys as and when you make your yearly/twice yearly pilgrimage to bangkok.some of you seem quite rational and intelligent,we watch football together and pop out for a drink together sometimes.

but i find it hard to keep quiet sometimes.knowing what i know, if i am asked for an opinion about the girl in question i will tell you. but  you dont believe me because its not what you want to hear, and after you have left the money orders still keep coming in.

on the days that the guy leaves,the ritual of the airport trip occurs.

a sad day indeed,the heavy suitcases,the warm clothing draped over them,ready for the arrival home, the weeping girlfriend left behind to suffer the pangs of loneliness whilst the hard working boyfriend flies back to the snowy lands of europe to toil away for another 6 months or so.

before the guy has settled into his economy class seat the girl will be back in town,dressed up and ready to party.

a new boyfriend will appear in the shop next morning,bleary eyed and bow legged buying his ciggies and an iced coffee  for his squeeze.and on it goes.

these girls are brilliant at what they do,absolutely fckucking brilliant.

there may be one or two genuine ones out there who fall in love and form relationships based on love,but for 90% of you,

i'm afraid you are making a big mistake in thinking that love enters the equation.

unless you are in the country on a permanent basis,forget it.

a lot of these girls are earning 30k baht upwards from abroad alone,thats before what they get from guys for short time and long time. these girls are money mad and as busy as rabbits

so, all you kevins,helmuts and brads, the next e-mail,or letter that you receive could well have been translated by me.

and may i take this opportunity to thank you all for contributing to the continued success of the in-laws business.

work hard lads,and keep sending over those ££,$$,EE.

see you for a beer in december.

to orthelius,hes paying for fun and knows it.

the rest of you ,you're paying for love, but getting taken for a painful and expensive and possibly heartbreaking ride.

would you form relationships with such girls back home?

how do they handle the arrival of two at the one time?  

never seems to happen,the arrivals and departures are worked out beforehand with almost military-like precision.

like i said,these girls are brilliant and their talents are really wasted as hookers. with a decent education they would go far. but laziness and easy money take precedent!!

Many, many phone numbers (669-661-.... and 661-555-....,667-138-..., 666-113-..., 665-140-...) How to know where these numbers originate?

Hello. First remove the initial 66; that is Thailand's country code.  Then check the next digit; if it's a 1, 6, or 9, it's a mobile phone.  With so many different mobile phone numbers, seems likely she might be using roadside stands.  We are left with two numbers: 667-138-... and 665-140-...  The 71 area code might be mistaken for somewhere in the south, but it's actually another mobile phone number.  That leaves only the 51 area code number, which if I'm not mistaken is an actual non-mobile number somewhere in the north.

Chuck

These girls move within thailand abd abroad to hong kong, singapore, japan and even europe.

Many, many girls travel both within and outside of europe.

A good trick, to track a girl, aside from getting very close to one and living in the region, is to use the email.

Using an IP address locater, you can find out from where emails are being sent.

This assumes that your girlfriend really sent the email.  Often, if they are out of the country, they will ask / pay thier best friend to answer thier emails.

Most of these girls have atleast 4 boyfriends on the go at any one time and that excludes one night stands.

Money is what drives them, and they will do any thing for it.

They have little in savings, and when going to visit thier houses up country, you see that not alot of money ends up back home.

Mobile phone bills of 10,000 bhat/month or more are not unussual amoung the high income girls.  Other expenses include, buying drinks for thier friends, make up, expensive perfume, rent (about 5000 bhat / month), taxis, airfares, clothes.

Alot of these girls enjoy what they do, and love the glamour of travelling and staying in high class hotels.

I even knew one girl who sometimes travelled business class on her foreign business travels.  A true business women.

Surprising the ammount of experts there are here.

Hey tax-exile, i will meet you pal, i dont drink, but i would like you to tell me where i am going wrong in life, i send someone some money , cos i want to, i dont moralise or worry about it, life has been good to me, dont knock people that try to help others, it aint nice. I will be there in December, make an appointment if you want. You can sit there and drink beer, i will scare the shit outta ya, deal?

, i send someone some money , cos i want to, i dont moralise or worry about it, life has been good to me,
bulldog,to you and any one else sending money over,thats fine,be happy,its none of my business what you do with your money.it sounds like you know the score here.

but many dont, and get hurt and cleaned out, time and time again.

i'm just telling what i see.

i will scare the shit outta ya?

why ?

bulldog,to you and any one else sending money over,thats fine,be happy,its none of my business what you do with your money.it sounds like you know the score here.

Thats right , but i react to your post that tars everybody as being foolish, sometimes you blokes are a joke, you think that you can generalise for the whole Thai population, blokes read crap like your post and have doubts, who do you think will get affected by your posts eh? You? Me? Or some girl that just might be trying to get a better life?

Dont be so high and Mighty, its a long way to fall.

to all you guys who send money over in the self deluding belief that you are helping somebody,

may i suggest that seeing as you are all so wealthy with money to throw around,perhaps,(if you are not doing so already,)you could throw some in a direction that really would help.

the old and infirm

the orphanages

the hiv hospices

and all the other social injustices that stare you in the face everyday if you could be bothered to take a look.

you are helping nobody but yourselves.

you are helping and encouraging laziness and avarice,and keeping these women, whom you purport to help, trapped in a dependant relationship,to boost your pathetic egos.

free them from your generosity and let them fly.

they are not stupid.

but you lot most certainly are.

Surprising the ammount of experts there are here.

Hey tax-exile, i will meet you pal, i dont drink, but i would like you to tell me where i am going wrong in life, i send someone some money , cos i want to, i dont moralise or worry about it, life has been good to me, dont knock people that try to help others, it aint nice. I will be there in December, make an appointment if you want. You can sit there and drink beer, i will scare the shit outta ya, deal?

Bulldog, Down Boy...........lol,

I think Taxexile is not really too serious, he has probably been in Thailand too long, i was like him after a few years, then after 12 years i accept a lot of things, he is just a cynic, Thailand is full of them.

Cheers

I have lived there since 1990. Dont be so presumptious

then you will be able to verify the accuracy of my observations, wont you?

Your observations are your observations, i cannot generalise like you do though, i have met good and bad in all people.

I try not to judge people. Live and let Live.

to all you guys who send money over in the self deluding belief that you are helping somebody,

may i suggest that seeing as you are all so wealthy with money to throw around,perhaps,(if you are not doing so already,)you could throw some in a direction that really would help.

the old and infirm

the orphanages

the hiv hospices

and all the other social injustices that stare you in the face everyday if you could be bothered to take a look.

you are helping nobody but yourselves.

you are helping and encouraging laziness and avarice,and keeping these women, whom you purport to help, trapped in a dependant relationship,to boost your pathetic egos.

free them from your generosity and let them fly.

they are not stupid.

but you lot most certainly are.

Taxexile,

How long have you lived in Thailand?

, but i react to your post that tars everybody as being foolish

not everybody,bulldog.

i know some very very successful relationships relationships between falangs and sex workers.

but most are doomed to failure.

and as for the benevolent benefactors helping out with monthly donations, dont kid yourselves.

it just encourages dependance , low self esteem and laziness.

you are buying dependance under the guise of charity.

cynical, no, disbelieving,yes,of how people can think of it as useful help.

How long have you lived in Thailand

on and off (more on than off) since 85.

i dont wish to prejudge anybody,and yes,each to his own way,theres good and bad etc.etc.etc.

a lot of the girls from the apartments keep in touch with my in-laws after they leave bangkok, either by visiting on return visits or via messages with friends.

many that go abroad with falangs end up in relationships that are soured by poor communication,unfaithfulness (from the men,not the women) and varying levels of abuse.

its sad to see.

thats why i say that MOST of these relationships, end up bad.

the ones that return to their villages end up as sad caricatures of gold encrusted glamour.

its sad to see.

whilst it may be fun to dabble in the bar girl game,there are far more casualties than successes.

free them from it.

and bulldog,if you promise not to bite my leg,i'll be happy to share a drink with you.

Will you Maigo ?   I guess you planned to go to Thailand for the culture. Forget the drivers license.

Hehe, well Doc, of course, i am only interested in the culture, and driving to different cultural venues, i just wish i had an overwieght lardarse woman to sit next to me, but alas,its not to be, i will just have to put up with it.

Cheers

My, my, so many responses, so little time. Thanks for the input. Does it make a difference to anyone (including the woman in question) that she is 37 and not 21? A bit long in the tooth to be in the trade for much longer. Two daughters, 15 and 14. She tells me that she now owns two food stalls in BK and the family (or a large portion of it) works there with and for her.

Yes I know, one can say whatever one wants on the phone and via e-mail. Also get letters written in Thai which I take to a local temple to have translated. I send e-mail bilingual, don't think she needs a translator. Also have monthly webchats via MSN messanger.

I just can't believe she would work this hard for my 4,000 baht.  

"A good trick, to track a girl, aside from getting very close to one and living in the region, is to use the email." en 184

en 184, how does one go about tracking an IP address? As long as I'm being cynical and untrusting I might as well go the whole route.

Again, thanks to everyone who contributes. A wealth of information. It's up to every man to decide for himself how to live his life and we must use our gut and our brains as to belief. Still looking forward to the December trip. 60 days and I will be staying with her and her family in BK. We'll also be travelling to Laos and Cambodia and Surin. I'm sure that will put a crimp in any extra curricular activities she might have going on.

It's not hard "work" at all.   What's the investment?   Time?   :o    If she owns her own business, she doesn't need any help, surely?  

As for tracking her email, I'm not sure what that would accomplish.   It'd only tell you what city she is connecting from and what her ISP is.  

:cool: