Where is a phone number?

Orthelius

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here I thought this thread had died a happy death. For some perverse reason I feel the need to defend the woman I will be seeing later this month. She is neither a "Good Girl" nor a "Bad Girl".

[email protected], she is a grown woman, with a heart, a soul, a brain and a life of her own. She is not a piece of steak, rather a human being with wants, needs, desires, hopes and dreams like anyone else on the planet. She laughs, she cries, she hurts, she helps, she is funny, she is sad, she is happy. The same as everyone alive, she makes a myriad of decisions every day that affect her life, current and future, and she lives with the consequences.

Whether or not anything developes beyond two people having fun and enjoying each other's company is moot. It just really chaps my ass to read the condescending attitudes put forth by "morally superior" individuals who refuse to account for a woman's humanity.

There, I've said it. Rant over. Carry on.

Really enjoying reading this thread - Good to hear different opinions about such a complex issue. Orthelius, California Dave and taxexile, top posts - well worth reading.

I'm also going through the "cynical" stage, so anything I type has probably been typed before. I did like Cal Dave's comment on other professions, such as the rice seller in the street, and wholeheartedly agree on what he has to say.

Anyways, how to trace an IP address from an email (believe this was requested some time ago) ?

Firstly, you need to view all the headers of the email. In Outlook Express, right click the message, click "Properties", then click the "Details" tab. It's also possible to view all headers using Hotmail, but this is done through the configuration and can't exactly remember where about it is right now.

Anyways, get the IP address. If it's from a Hotmail account, there'll be an "X-Originating-IP" (I think) field. If not, get the IP from the last "Received:" field at the top of the header.

Now start a command prompt - Can do this by clicking Start, Run and typing "cmd" for Win2000/XP, "command" for Win95/98/Me. Then type "tracert xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" (Where the xxx's are the IP address from the email).

This will do a reverse DNS lookup of the IP address, and perhaps give you a Top Level Domain (TLD) to work with i.e. co.uk, .co.th - This will add some perspective to the geographic location of the IP address.

The other thing this tool does is trace the packets from your PC to that IP address, also doing reverse DNS lookups on each IP address reached accross the journey.

There's also a graphical version of "tracert" here - http://visualroute.visualware.com/ - Same concept - Stick in the IP address and it'll trace all packets visually across the globe.

Anyways, back to heated discussions about paying for birds...

[email protected], she is a grown woman, with a heart, a soul, a brain and a life of her own. She is not a piece of steak, rather a human being with wants, needs, desires, hopes and dreams like anyone else on the planet. She laughs, she cries, she hurts, she helps, she is funny, she is sad, she is happy. The same as everyone alive, she makes a myriad of decisions every day that affect her life, current and future, and she lives with the consequences.

Whether or not anything developes beyond two people having fun and enjoying each other's company is moot. It just really chaps my ass to read the condescending attitudes put forth by "morally superior" individuals who refuse to account for a woman's humanity.

There, I've said it. Rant over. Carry on.

Very nicely said Orthelius, I see a lot of cynicism and hostility in this thread. Undoubtedly many girls ARE taking advantage of their farang boyfriends, but everyone is an individual and many Thai girls are sweet and nice. Yes, they do spend a lot of money on cloths, cel phones, etc..., but most of them are also sending money to their kids, parents, etc...

My girlfriend and I had dinner with a friend of her's a few nights ago and this girl was quite upfront about the fact that she wasn't faithful to the American who was sending her $200 per month, but she WOULD be if he married her, or at least took her to America. She mentioned that she was sick of working in the bars and would rather be a waitress in the US or UK.

<font color='#000000'>i had a great girlfriend from a massage place.  i sent $100 a month to for 2 years.  This kept her out of the bar/massage scene.  Now she is married to a great English guy who met her at the restraunt she was waitressing in.  Most of the money went to her daughters education.  Good on you!</font>

<font color='#000000'>Well done Sam, i help someone out also. I give 10,000 a month, not a lot for me, but it sure is to the person i am helping. And it makes me feel good.</font>

Yes and thanks for the 10G baht. If you are in town let me know I will treat you to a cold beer and a ride on my moto taxi at a reasonable rate.

Much of the language used during the course of this thread gives pleasure more than just a little to my colleagues and I here at Corpus Christi College, Oxford University, England.

My word, how the language of the "bar girl" provides stimulation and scope for our research.

My colleagues and I are however are increasingly of opinion that the farangs themselves who deign to pursure "relationships" with this most bizarre sub-set of Thai females are the ones whose language warrants greater and more in-depth examination.

Talk of "sound relationships" with women who have been "rescued" from the Thai sex industry provides mirth indeed to those of us here at Oxford who have chosen to make a career of studying such linguistic and anthropological quirks.

While it is of course most definitely not within the good nature of my colleagues and I to proffer insults such as "loser" and "sad bastard" to these ill-informed gentleman who choose voluntarily to bond with the dregs of Thai society, we would like nonetheless to wish such individuals our best wishes and warmest regards while we adjourn for our afternoon break of tea and biscuits.

Much of the language used during the course of this thread gives pleasure more than just a little to my colleagues and I here at Corpus Christi College, Oxford University, England.

I cant find you in the contact search, Mortimer, http://www.corpus.cam.ac.uk/contact/contactlist.php

but I guess you dont like to give your real name? why not?

I do. why shouldnt I

:o

Re; Professor Sebastian Mortimer...... I think an IP check would be in order :o

I have his IP Udon. He is in the region and he has changed the IP since he was last here trolling. He is supposed to be elsewhere too. Hmmmmmm :D in the UK, but predictably, he isn't. He is here doing urine removal on the membership.

My word, how the language of the "bar girl" provides stimulation and scope for our research.

My colleagues and I are however are increasingly of opinion that the farangs themselves who deign to pursure "relationships" with this most bizarre sub-set of Thai females are the ones whose language warrants greater and more in-depth examination.

Talk of "sound relationships" with women who have been "rescued" from the Thai sex industry provides mirth indeed to those of us here at Oxford who have chosen to make a career of studying such linguistic and anthropological quirks.

While it is of course most definitely not within the good nature of my colleagues and I to proffer insults such as "loser" and "sad bastard" to these ill-informed gentleman who choose voluntarily to bond with the dregs of Thai society, we would like nonetheless to wish such individuals our best wishes and warmest regards while we adjourn for our afternoon break of tea and biscuits.

Unlike the language of the ununited kingdom that pimped their english and taxes

around the world others have refined it to a more international understood way

of communication. The tax code is now only 38,000 pages and as recently reported the people who monitor it are wrong 90% of time in questioning someones use of their regulations. Thanx for the notice of international tex being used very widely these dazes. May the Grand Muther deer reward you hansum man so kindly. Mae all your barflies be of reasonable language abilities.

Corpussy Crusty collage, Ox-ford Universal Ingland

I cant find you in the contact search, Mortimer, http://www.corpus.cam.ac.uk/contact/contactlist.php

but I guess you dont like to give your real name? why not?

I do. why shouldnt I

:o

Hello mate.

I checked that link what you gave and you're right. There ain't nothing there about no Professor Sebastion Mortimer, or whatever his name is.

I talked to my mate Wayne about this and 'e reckons it's because the professor is supposed to be at Oxford and not at Cambridge, which is where your link points.

Personally though, I wouldn't take too much notice of old Wayne: he's even thicker than what I am and he still thinks Arsenal're gonna win the league.

An' I think you're right too about usin' your real name. Anyone who don't is probably just havin' a laugh.

Professor Sebastian Mortimer, aka &lt;deleted&gt; Troll, probably an itinerant, moving from net cafe to net cafe.... :o

I agree with you mate.

The thing is, when I spoke to my mate Wayne about this he said something about how a lot of farangs just buy new internet cards every week from the local 7-11 to replace the one what just run out. He said that this is why some blokes who like to do this kind of trolling shit always have different IP's every time they visit this site. He also said (and don't quote me on this cos I think he was bein' a bit rude) that people like Dr Pat Pong who don't nothin' about this sort of stuff are probably a bit dim.

Personally though, like I wrote before, I think Wayne's a bit stupid an' I reckon all of you people probably know a lot more than what me and Wayne does.

Anyway, I'll see ya later cos I gotta now an' watch the football.