Tourist Visa In Penang Update 16/09/09

Am just in Penang at the moment to get Non B Visa (successful), however friends who are here alongside many others are being rejected tourist visas. 7 in the hotel i am staying in yesterday- today not know how many- other hotels,agencies again numbers are not know. Reason being they are told that no longer can you have a 30 day extension from Thailand. This has only been implied i was told during the last 2 months.

This information is only what i have been told by the hotel and by people that have been rejected- i am sure others who have returned from Penang recently can update/advise others.

*On another note, Monday and Tuesday forthcoming Embassy in Penang is shut for Ramadan.

Thanks.

Hello,

Was it hard to get a non B in penang, did they ask a lot of paperwork?

Did you do it yourself or did you you use a agent

Hello, No not hard, i was missing one document that could have been a problem but confirmed today processing with no problems.

Yes, used an agent- less hassle.

For one year non-B in Penang your company must have 8 million baht registered capital.

Kuala Lumpur is best for 1 year non-B, but you must have at least 8 months validity in your work permit.

I was just in Kota Baharu Malaysia last week and got my Non B one year Multiple visa in one day. No hassle and no agent. I did it my self. 5,000 baht Easy….

The Embassy is closed on Friday and Saturday

For one year non-B in Penang your company must have 8 million baht registered capital.

Kuala Lumpur is best for 1 year non-B, but you must have at least 8 months validity in your work permit.

I was just in Kota Baharu Malaysia last week and got my Non B one year Multiple visa in one day. No hassle and no agent. I did it my self. 5,000 baht Easy….

Ehhh, open Sundays?

Please post a scan of your visa.

Don't try to fool people., please.

Ehhh, open Sundays?

why would the poster lie.i got a non o multi entry,after i forgot to season money for 3 months to get extention on non o-a retirement.had to show 400,000 baht in thai bank.

For one year non-B in Penang your company must have 8 million baht registered capital. Kuala Lumpur is best for 1 year non-B, but you must have at least 8 months validity in your work permit.
I was just in Kota Baharu Malaysia last week and got my Non B one year Multiple visa in one day. No hassle and no agent. I did it my self. 5,000 baht Easy…. The Embassy is closed on Friday and Saturday
Ehhh, open Sundays? Please post a scan of your visa. Don't try to fool people., please.

post-51795-1253193885_thumb.jpg

Chayaphum

'Reason being they are told that no longer can you have a 30 day extension from Thailand. This has only been implied i was told during the last 2 months.'

this has been going a while, land borders 30 day stamp is now 15 and you can only get 4 a year. Still 30 days if entering by plane.

Ehhh, open Sundays?

Its True Poorsucker…. I Got it,,,,, I don’t need to fool anybody… that’s not what this web site is for. It’s to help People…. Some people are really and strait

Thai consulate Penang:

Monday- Friday 9.00-12.00 hrs | 14.00-16.30 hrs

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2781.php?pid=2911

Thai Consulate Kota Bharu

Office Hour: Sunday-Thursday

09.00 - 12.30 hrs./ 13.30 - 17.00 hrs.

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2849.php?depid=221

Thai Embassy Kuala lumpur

Office Hours :Monday - Friday 09.00-13.00 hrs. and 14.00-17.00 hrs.

Visa and Consular section : 09.30 - 13.00 hrs.

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/1869.php?depcode=23000100

Sorry about misunderstanding, the OP had been to Penang, so I assumed it was about Penang.

Only Kota Bharu is closed on Fridays.

Edited by PoorSucker

Reason being they are told that no longer can you have a 30 day extension from Thailand. This has only been implied i was told during the last 2 months.

Thanks for the info. Can I just clarify? Those who have a 2 month Tourist Visa with the 1,900baht 1 month extension from a Thai immigration office cannot now get another 2 month Tourist Visa after the extension has expired. Is that correct? Do you know about people who had a 2 month Tourist Visa with no extension?

'Reason being they are told that no longer can you have a 30 day extension from Thailand. This has only been implied i was told during the last 2 months.'

this has been going a while, land borders 30 day stamp is now 15 and you can only get 4 a year. Still 30 days if entering by plane.

Actually there is no such limit on the number of border entries you can make - but after four they may start to question your reasons.

• 1 month later...