Why Do Farangs Like Thai Girls With Dark Skin ?

mc2

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe we look for whats different? In europe in the past i always found the darker girls attractive. The longer i staynin thai the more i find the lighter skin atractive. Even farang girls start to look intressting after a longer time here...Anyway id say dark girl good n nice especialy as gig but as a long time partner a white skin chineese style girl would bring bennefits in thailand.

there is a pecking order in every country. the romanian gypsy may get a fat bird off a council estate in england and think he is a casanova, but the locals laugh at him every time he walks down the street.

in thailand, the foreigner is usually with a dark-skinned uneducated farmer's daughter. he thinks she is great because, to him, she looks beautiful. but in thailand, she is at the very bottom of the social scale. if he hadn't stepped in she may be with a motocy driver or construction worker.

that is obviously not fair, especially in a social system that doesn't accomodate upward progression, but it is the reality.

perhaps some will say i am weak but i married a girl with white skin because i didnt want to be looked as at being at the very bottom of the heap. yes i am sure many people will say ''you should do what you want'' etc etc but the fact is my life is much easier because my wife's skin is white. i get more respect off the thais and interaction with officials is easier because of the perceived status of my wife.

dark-skinned girls are obviously no different inside to white-skinned girls but outward appearances mean everything in thailand. why would you put yourself through everyone assuming your wife is a hooker everytime you walked down the street?

Edited by leftcross

there is a pecking order in every country. the romanian gypsy may get a fat bird off a council estate in england and think he is a casanova, but the locals laugh at him every time he walks down the street.

in thailand, the foreigner is usually with a dark-skinned uneducated farmer's daughter. he thinks she is great because, to him, she looks beautiful. but in thailand, she is at the very bottom of the social scale. if he hadn't stepped in she may be with a motocy driver or construction worker.

that is obviously not fair, especially in a social system that doesn't accomodate upward progression, but it is the reality.

perhaps some will say i am weak but i married a girl with white skin because i didnt want to be looked as at being at the very bottom of the heap. yes i am sure many people will say ''you should do what you want'' etc etc but the fact is my life is much easier because my wife's skin is white. i get more respect off the thais and interaction with officials is easier because of the perceived status of my wife.

dark-skinned girls are obviously no different inside to white-skinned girls but outward appearances mean everything in thailand. why would you put yourself through everyone assuming your wife is a hooker everytime you walked down the street?

I think this is a reasonable explanation (above).

As is the earlier comment which mentioned 'The fair skinned ones are harder to pull'....

Also it's about exposure.... Some guys and gals go out to specifically meet a woman, the location often depends on 'ease' to meet women.

The easier it is for a guy to meet women under normal circumstances the higher up in the 'social system' he can shoot.

The general perception amongst Thai's is that Western guys like dark skinned girls because thats all most of us can get. This is often confirmed when recognizing that Thailand being a class society has separations on the way people look, dress, behave and even the way they speak.

It's all wrong and very un-PC, but thats the way it is here and life is certainly easier for a guy here if he is with a lady that others can easily and immediately deem as being highly respectful... Khun Nai, Khun Noo, Hi-So etc

Many whiteskinned thai gils that i meet complain over the fact that farangs dont like them. Seems to be a market out there....

Having had both dark n lighter girls i confirm life is easier in some ways with the lighter, educated girl but everything has pros n cons.

That is what they all think anyway. However, if your wife has white skin they think you have gotten a more attractive looking hooker than most other farangs. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

I love her for more than her skin, having said that i love the way she has different skin tones and darker and lighter bits! why does this brown skin appeal to me? It doesn't on it's own, but it's definitely a feature of the girl I love, that I love. If she turned white tomorrow I'd still love her, take her to the beach more often but still love her :-)

Well said !! . :)

Why do farangs like dark-skinned girls?

Because in Thailand they are abundant and willing to be your friend for a little bit of loot.

It aint rocket science.

dum dee dum dtood

and later on....

ee dtood dum!

Well that's cleared that up then.

I prefer a do-do-do-do-ahh-do-da-do-do.

But it must me my Lou Reed upbringing and my street busking skills (witnessed by Khon Zorro yester evening).

On a serious note. Dark skin, White shin. Medium skin. Who gives a daffy duck apart from the Thais?

It;s what is inside that matters.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

And as far as the OP question I would say the answer is simple; By and large if the white men that came here wanted white women, they wouldn't have came to Thailand.

I don't along with that. The vast majority of expats just want women. The race and colour is not such a deciding factor. It's easy and cheap (at least that's what they think at first) to find available women in Asia, so that why they come here.

How many of these expats would be able to find available 20 - 30 year old unattached white women at home?

Unless their millionaires not many, especially those expats who are in their 40's, 50's and sixties, so I agree with your post, especially the "It's easy and cheap".

Not many places in the world where elderly men can go to and and be rejuvenated by a younger woman, I've nothing against an older man having fun with a woman of his choice in places like Thailand and if they have the money to spend on the exotic obtainable then fair play to them, I don't think it's the colour of skin that most men are after, IMO it's the availability at an affordable price.

Bye the way, the reason I have used the word "Woman" and not "GIRL" is because I have a dislike to really old men who parade their really young girls around like a prize catch, I'd rather see a man in his 40' 50's and 60's upwards with a woman and not a girl barely out of her teens, it seems okay to some to do this, but would they do it in their country of origin and how would they be percieved.( Woman in IMO, someone over 30)

I actually prefer the lighter skinned variety(Preference) who are more catching to my eye and more beautiful IMO, whilst in Pattaya in August I noticed more light skinned than I normally have on previous visits and judging by the attention they received from men were in greater demand than the dark skinned variety.

Edited by MB1

I don't think they particularly prefer dark skin, most don't care one way or the other, it's just that the women available to them usually have dark skin.

Yes, that's the right answer.

It really isn't the right answer and implies the obvious dig at the type of tourists coming to Thailand.

On one level, rightly or wrongly (and recent evidence relating to skin cancer etc to some degree sugguests wrongly) we associate a dark and tanned skin as being healthy. Healthy is more attractive than unhealthy and we are naturally programmed in a Darwinian sense to go for the fitter, stronger, healthier and more attractive mate.

That's the bottled science wisdom. On a personal level I just find the dark Asian skin more attractive - because I just do. I don't have to think about whether a girl is attractive or why, for me personally by just looking I know. Even in the west, I prefer dark skinned, dark haired British girls to the palid looking white skinned alternative.

On one level, rightly or wrongly ... we associate a dark and tanned skin as being healthy. Healthy is more attractive than unhealthy and we are naturally programmed in a Darwinian sense to go for the fitter, stronger, healthier and more attractive mate.

Darwin has nothng to do with this; skin colour is a cultural fad.

How come Asians do everything they can to have white skin? Because they associate dark skin with low-grade agricultural work, and white skin with high-grade indoor, office employment. That was also true of the West until 100 years ago or so.

Now, in the West, we regard pale skin as low-class, indicative of factory or mine work, people without the cash to go to Torremolinos for 2 weeks a year.

Also now, in advanced Asian societies such as Singapore and Japan, you will notice the surfer-style beach tan is beginning to come back into favour.

"Darwin". :)

All I know is I have been travelling half the planet and in the end don't like the skin color of black Africans, Arabs, Skandinavians, English and British alike, Indians, Russians, Indonesians, Chinese, Vietnamese, French and probably a few more, but like Isaan, Lao, Cambodian dark skinned females.

And some people are masters in idiotic replies/comments:

QUOTE (DP25 @ 2009-09-16 21:01:41) post_snapback.gifI don't think they particularly prefer dark skin, most don't care one way or the other, it's just that the women available to them usually have dark skin.

From a Rickbradford:

.and most 'farang' who come here to meet women are mouth-breathing brain donors who think that the more different that a woman is from those they've failed with in their own countries, the more exotic she is and the better chance he has.

Edited by tartempion

I don't think they particularly prefer dark skin, most don't care one way or the other, it's just that the women available to them usually have dark skin.

Oh man exactly! its just the women available to them usually have dark skin...farang who hangout with bar girls and most of bar girls are from northeastern of thailand (Issan) and have dark skin well mostly... then we thai ppl say ah u have dark skin that farangs find attractive u should chase for farangs lol odd! wait if u have flat nose or skinny then u even more attractive! haha wait dont forget to wear sexy! and strange aye see how it works! KK and UD is called

MFF = Mia Farang Factory lol well blame to Baz lol Baz told me :)

"discussion of moderation is against the rule and i deleted it" omg UNTOUCHABLE didnt know before:P

Edited by kitiya1980

This is a question that I also hear, and the unspoken answer is that most Farangs meet their girls in bars or other 'low class' ( not my moral judgement, just a phrase that will be commonly understood) situations. Dark skinned Thais here ARE openly discriminated against, and hence take up these jobs, or end up in these circumstances, and hence the situation means that these are the girls that will meet the Farangs. If there were light skinned females in these situations, we would be going out with them as well, as I don't think most of us really care. Its just a matter of circumstances

I have no preference, but I can tell you that if I were to be looking specifically for a light skinned girl, it would require hanging out in Thai places such as Thonglor, or meeting girls working in banks/corporate offices or Thai hostess places.

Its all about the social situations that are available to people.

Yes, that's the right answer.

On one level, rightly or wrongly (and recent evidence relating to skin cancer etc to some degree sugguests wrongly) we associate a dark and tanned skin as being healthy. Healthy is more attractive than unhealthy and we are naturally programmed in a Darwinian sense to go for the fitter, stronger, healthier and more attractive mate.

That's the bottled science wisdom.

all can be explained in economics, not sience!

The only farangs who don't come here to meet women are Gay! :D

:):D:D

Too true, Ulysses. Of course that would exclude the women and the families who come here for vacation, or the men whose businesses have sent them to Thailand.

I'm surprised this thread is still going. It's probably been a moderators nightmare.

Who gives a hoot what a load of small minded Thai's think about skin color.

I love them all, white, black, mixed they are all suay mac mac to me and I see this as as a plus in my life.

Vilayna_Avenaim2.jpg

She (if she is a she) is smoking hot and any farang who says otherwise is either lying or gay. And, I don't know any red blooded man who would kick her out of bed for being too dark. Of course I HAVE seen some "fixed" Katoi who looked just as nice.

But, that is an entirely different story when searching for a long term relationship. I doubt if the above woman would suit that category.

It's all about question of class thinking society...

In Thailand dark skin mostly means you work outdoors and therefore you must be poor, and for young upperclass females it's extremely important to look as pale as possible. There is also very strong influence of ethnic differencies among Thais, where especially lighter skinned Thais from Bangkok does look down on naturally darker skin Thais living atSouthern regions. 

While among western Europeans tanned skin is sign of wealth and travelling, and therefore we look skin color totally opposite way than Thais.

Talking about looking dirty.. Thai girls wearing dried white makeup on their faces with some facial hair, looks "dirty" and very disgusting to me.