Non Imm 'o'

Sorry have been trying to ask in a couple of post over the past months, but some how the topic always turns to what you can have being married.......... I am English and will be 60 and in the eyes of Thailand Single.

Already have 5 years of yearly Extensions, but will be unable to meet the 800k in the bank for the next 2 years..

Still looking at what to do for the 2 years.....

Just cannot face the journey to Hull, or Stuttgart [speak read and write German + have a German i.d] so at the moment it looks like Perth...

Perth Aus = 1 yr Multi Non Imm O Visa + 4 x boarder runs every 90 days, so would need to do this twice... OK this is not a problem......

But on the other hand looking at the boarder runs every 90 days, [+ how cheap it is to fly] just wondered it I could simply go and get a 90 day single entry Non Imm 'O' from any Embassy/Consulate in Asia for the next 2 years?

The only place I have been was about 9 years ago for a weeks holiday was Hanoi... The idea of spending a few days in different places around Asia while also getting a 90day Visa sounds sort of appealing.

Is there/will there be any problem in doing 7 x 90 day single entry Non Imm 'O' Visa all around Asia..?

Many thanks

Getting one is normally not a problem but getting more may be as the reason they issue the first is so that you can extend your stay in Thailand.

Many thanks, that is why I could not find much about the single entry 90 days.. So Perth it will have to be then

Getting one is normally not a problem but getting more may be as the reason they issue the first is so that you can extend your stay in Thailand.

Many thanks, that is why I could not find much about the single entry 90 days.. So Perth it will have to be then

Why the "windy city" Is it closer to BKK than Brisbane ?

According to google ...

Bangkok to Perth 3301 miles

Bangkok to Brisbane 4520 miles

Edited by thaiphoon

It sure is. According to google ...

Bangkok to Perth 3301 miles

Bangkok to Brisbane 4520 miles

Windy city? I guess you from Brisbane :)

You only need to show 800k if you don't have a monthly income of at least 40k

Once you have a non ) visa you can just extend it in Thailand, no need to extend outside

You can also apply for a single entery, so you only need to report your address every 90days, no leave the country.

Once you have a non ) visa you can just extend it in Thailand, no need to extend outside

You can also apply for a single entery, so you only need to report your address every 90days, no leave the country.

40k/month relates to extension of stay based on marriage. The Op says he is single .... The equivalent figure for extension of stay based on retirement is 65k/month (or 800k bank balance or a combination of the two)

Edited by thaiphoon

You are mixing 2 different types of extensions.

The OP is about an extension of stay based on retirement, that requires:

an income of 65,000 a month

OR

800,000 in a Thai bank account for 3 months

OR

a combination of yearly income and money in the bank totaling 800,000.

For people seeking an extension bsed on marriage to a Thai national the requirement is:

40,000 a month

OR

400,000 in the bank in Thailand