Corned Beef Hash

DonJuanDemarco

I quite like corned beef, so what is corned beef hash?

wiki says:

Although it can technically be made of a combination of any finely chopped ingredients, hash is often a mixture of beef (often leftovers of corned beef or roast beef), onions, potatoes, and spices that are mashed together into a coarse, chunky paste, and then cooked, either alone, or with other ingredients.

In many locations in the U.S., corned beef hash is served primarily as a breakfast food on restaurant menus and home cuisine, often served with eggs and toast (or biscuits), and occasionally fried potatoes (hashbrowns, home fries, etc). The dish is usually known as corned beef hash with eggs, or corned beef hash & eggs. Alternatives of the dish use roast beef hash.

Alternatively, in the southern United States, the term "hash" refers to a blend of leftover pork from a barbecue mixed with barbecue sauce and served over rice. It is a common side dish at barbecue restaurants and pig pickins in South Carolina and Georgia.

I quite like corned beef, so what is corned beef hash?

wiki says:

Although it can technically be made of a combination of any finely chopped ingredients, hash is often a mixture of beef (often leftovers of corned beef or roast beef), onions, potatoes, and spices that are mashed together into a coarse, chunky paste, and then cooked, either alone, or with other ingredients.

In many locations in the U.S., corned beef hash is served primarily as a breakfast food on restaurant menus and home cuisine, often served with eggs and toast (or biscuits), and occasionally fried potatoes (hashbrowns, home fries, etc). The dish is usually known as corned beef hash with eggs, or corned beef hash & eggs. Alternatives of the dish use roast beef hash.

Alternatively, in the southern United States, the term "hash" refers to a blend of leftover pork from a barbecue mixed with barbecue sauce and served over rice. It is a common side dish at barbecue restaurants and pig pickins in South Carolina and Georgia.

I would like to had a picture to this excellent definition:

post-61130-1253168659_thumb.jpg

I know I've seen it on a restaurant menu here someplace....but never ordered it..... so my memory is fuzzy.... Could it be at Bourbon St. in Washington Square....or one of the U.S. oriented bar places nearby like Silver Dollar or such???

It's not one of the things that top my list of things missed from home.... But corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's Day...well... as half-Irish by descent, that's another story!!!! :)