Transfers; Us To Los Via Bangkok Bank

Does anyone who banks with Bangkok Bank avoid transfer fees for bringing funds into Thailand by using the Bangkok Bank New York branch ??

When transferring by depositing a check, it first goes thru New York before it gets to your branch here in LOS. So it would seem a deposit directly to the NY branch of Bangkok Bank would show in your account almost immediately without any transfer fee.

Thanks

I seem to recall one still pays a transfer fee at the Bangkok Bank overseas, when sending money to a Bangkok Bank account in Thailand.

Cheques still have to go through normal clearance - but when I did it at bangkok bank Hong Kong, it worked well.

Does anyone who banks with Bangkok Bank avoid transfer fees for bringing funds into Thailand by using the Bangkok Bank New York branch ??

When transferring by depositing a check, it first goes thru New York before it gets to your branch here in LOS. So it would seem a deposit directly to the NY branch of Bangkok Bank would show in your account almost immediately without any transfer fee.

Thanks

Offtopic: Use SWIFT thru' your own bank in your own city/state and leave instructions in advance for recurring transfers -- fees waived quite easily, if you try hard enough and especially if you maintain a decent balance or a sufficient volume of funds travels thru' your a/c. Bypass NY BBL branch :o

I have wired twice via the US Citibank online banking. Both times I had the money in the Siam Bank the very next day. Citibank charges a flat $30 US and the fee at Siam Bank was very little. The exchange rate was great. I look at Yahoo finance every day and the exchange was very near or the same as on my Yahoo home page. :o

Moog,

What amount do you pay of for a transfer fee? More than 1%?

Thanks, just wondering.

Here's how I've been getting money from my US checking account. I go to a Bangkok Bank or BB money exchange window and present my checking account Debit card. I request a cash advance.

As explained by my bank, since the money is coming from my account, and is not a "loan" from my credit card, no actual cash advance fees apply.

By comparing the theoretical amount of the transfer to the actual amount removed from my account, I've never seen more than a 1% difference - so that's all it has cost me to recieve money from my US checking account (if that).

The same goes for using my credit card/debit card at the chain stores, like Big-C. Worth the convenience, though I'd rather use cash.