Wing 41 Road Pass

lifeincnx

no pass, car and motorbike, never been stopped, only found out you need a pass last month and I've been using that road for 8 months now!!

whoooooppssssiiieeeee

Darn. Some ppl have all the luck ! :D

My 1st years I tried it a few times and got turned around each time. Very embarassing :)

Got one after applying in November

As mentioned, the application is in November. However, the last two years for me the sticker wasn't available for pickup until March.

I think you can apply at anytime now. We just got one although it's only valid until January when the next round of renewals is due. At 85 baht this didn't seem much of an issue coming on top of the cost of the new truck :) . You'll need a Thai speaker to explain to the guard in order to get in unless you are lucky. They sent me to a different entrance where they kept my licence as security (presumably in case I made off with a plane) and the first thing the guy in the sticker department wanted was....... my driving license of course. Take a copy with you along with a copy of the blue book for the vehicle and something with your address on it. Three day wait and we're legal again!

Edited by Greenside

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone done an exchange of sticker when selling a vehicle and buying a replacement?

Is it possible and is it easy?

(PS to get past the guard to apply for a sticker just use the word 'sticker', and yes you do need to leave you ID card at the guard house - or passport or driving licence)

Anyone done an exchange of sticker when selling a vehicle and buying a replacement?

Is it possible and is it easy?

Yes, but you have to take the sticker off your old vehicle, and take it in and explain that your vehicle has been sold, and you wish to transfer the pass. The old pass has your name on it, and should not be left on the old vehicle.

Take along all pertinent copies and originals as if applying for a new pass.

Near as I can tell, Nov 1 is still the opening date for renewals/new applications.

Emphasis on renewals/new applications- not transfers from another vehicle, or a new vehicle purchase needing a temporary pass.

Applications begin 1 Nov, and close 31 Nov.

If you are first in line, you should see your (mailed to you) sticker 2nd or 3rd week January.

The actually validity of the stickers runs from March to March every year- this covers the time needed for the mailing of the last applicant's stickers.

You need your registration book, passport copies and a filled out application, which takes a minute or less to fill out.

Maejo Man- let's see who gets his sticker first, this year! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Maejo Man- let's see who gets his sticker first, this year! :D

I have to collect my sticker after the 18th of January :D

I knew you would get up at 0 dark thirty and beat me down there.... :D

I collect mine 21 Jan, (2) stickers, numbers 100 and 101.

You probably have ticket number 1..... :D

Surprising the amount of mirth we get out of these senseless issues, innit?

:)

Since I just picked up my new car last Saturday and will not have plates for two months as the processing in Bangkok goes through, is it still only November that apps are taken? Or, if I apply for one for my old car now then transfer the sticker at the 41 office when plates for the new car arrive?

Dunno about the new car issue, Tywais.

That sounds like an issue taken up with the dealer, and maybe a question to Wing 41.

I will note that the subscription period for new passes seems to be on a shortened schedule this year- Nov 2- Nov 25.

Folks who are procrastinators might be caught up by this; previous years Wing 41 passes were issued till the end of November, ie the 30th.

Since I just picked up my new car last Saturday and will not have plates for two months as the processing in Bangkok goes through, is it still only November that apps are taken? Or, if I apply for one for my old car now then transfer the sticker at the 41 office when plates for the new car arrive?

Hi M,

to be safe I would apply for one for your existing vehicle, then at least you have it. Re issuing for another vehicle can be done at any time during the year. I did a change of vehicle about six months throught the year, and no problems, just had to pay another 60 baht :)

• 2 months later...

Just received my sticker today for those who are waiting. Surprised me as usually I don't get it until sometime in March. Coincidentally enough, it came on the same day as notice that my permanent license plates have arrived.

• 7 months later...

As mentioned, the application is in November. However, the last two years for me the sticker wasn't available for pickup until March.

Same for me. But you can show the guards at the gate a copy of your application form or receipt and although they probably do not understand they will let you pass