Non B Without Wp3 Form

Hi All,

I got an offer from a company in bangkok. They couriered me all required papers(tax/guarantee/vat/invitation) to apply for a non-b visa from my country (India). When I approached the consulate, they demanded the WP3 form to issue a Non B visa which the company didnt provided to me. Company checked with labour office and told me that it takes 2-3 weeks to get a work permit. Since I have to join by April 1st week itself, I am planning to go on 90day tourist visa and make a visa run once the papers are ready by mid april. Is this going to put me in any kind of trouble? Is it ok to get the papers ready in a tourist visa and make a visa run to change it to non B? Do I have to get the non B from my own country?

Please advice me and share your experience. Thanks to all in advance.

Hi All,

I got an offer from a company in bangkok. They couriered me all required papers(tax/guarantee/vat/invitation) to apply for a non-b visa from my country (India). When I approached the consulate, they demanded the WP3 form to issue a Non B visa which the company didnt provided to me. Company checked with labour office and told me that it takes 2-3 weeks to get a work permit. Since I have to join by April 1st week itself, I am planning to go on 90day tourist visa and make a visa run once the papers are ready by mid april.  Is this going to put me in any kind of trouble? Is it ok to get the papers ready in a tourist visa and make a visa run to change it to non B? Do I have to get the non B from my own country?

A tourist visa enables a stay of 60 days and can be extended for uo to 30 more days

...When I approached the consulate, they demanded the WP3 form to issue a Non B visa which the company didnt provided to me.

Company checked with labour office and told me that it takes 2-3 weeks to get a work permit.

That's very strange, since you need a non-Imm-B visa for the work permit, not a work permit for a non-imm-b visa. I don't see how can you get the WP before the visa.

Since I have to join by April 1st week itself, I am planning to go on 90day tourist visa and make a visa run once the papers are ready by mid april.  Is this going to put me in any kind of trouble? Is it ok to get the papers ready in a tourist visa and make a visa run to change it to non B?
Without a work permit (and a non-imm-B visa) you'd work illegally.
Do I have to get the non B from my own country?

No. Theoretically you can get it in any country. Actually I strongly disagree with kenkannif on this point. It might be easier to get out of India.

From my experience, I only got 3-months non-imm-B in my country (applied for 1 year) but did get 1-year, very easily and much quicker when I applied in Germany. you need to find the place where they are used to give these visas quickly. India is not the place for that.

I'd recommend that you try Malaysia.

Edited by ~G~

...When I approached the consulate, they demanded the WP3 form to issue a Non B visa which the company didnt provided to me.

Company checked with labour office and told me that it takes 2-3 weeks to get a work permit.

That's very strange, since you need a non-Imm-B visa for the work permit, not a work permit for a non-imm-b visa. I don't see how can you get the WP before the visa.

Since I have to join by April 1st week itself, I am planning to go on 90day tourist visa and make a visa run once the papers are ready by mid april.  Is this going to put me in any kind of trouble? Is it ok to get the papers ready in a tourist visa and make a visa run to change it to non B?
Without a work permit (and a non-imm-B visa) you'd work illegally.
Do I have to get the non B from my own country?

No. Theoretically you can get it in any country. Actually I strongly disagree with kenkannif on this point. It might be easier to get out of India.

From my experience, I only got 3-months non-imm-B in my country (applied for 1 year) but did get 1-year, very easily and much quicker when I applied in Germany. you need to find the place where they are used to give these visas quickly. India is not the place for that.

I'd recommend that you try Malaysia.

CEASE your grossly inaccurate advice please. Comment only when you actually do know how things run. He is an Indian National and with the exception of a 15 day tourist visa that can be applied for on arrival, ANY visa app;ication from an Indian can only be made in his/her country of residence.

Most embassies give the non immigrant visa and you apply in Thailand for the work permit.

However it is up to the embassy and your individual case as it is possible for employers in Thailand to apply for a work permit for prospective alien employees who wish to work in the kingdom before the foreign employee arrives. After the work permit has been granted, the alien may enter Thailand to receive the work permit and then start working.

What the Embassy is asking for, is a letter of acceptance from the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare (Alien Occupational Control Division, Department of Employment, Mit-Maitree Road, Dindaeng, Bangkok 10400 Tel 662-245-2745 / 245-3209 / 617-6578 / 617-6584 Fax. 662-6176576, 245-2593)

Your Employer should submit Form WP3 first before you arrive(Application for applying a work permit on behalf of alien) together with other related documents such as a certificate issued by the Department of Commercial Registration, documentary evidence of educational qualifications, etc. at the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare.]

As for the penalties...

An alien who receive a non-immigrant visa can work in Thailand after having received a work permit. Any violation thereof shall make the employee liable for imprisonment not exceeding three months, to pay a fine not exceeding five-thousand Baht, or both penalties.

An alien who performs work that is prescribed by the Royal Decree B.E. 2522 (1979) which prohibits alien employment in certain occupations and professions is liable to be imprisoned not exceeding five years, will be fined from 2,000 to 10,000 Baht, or both penalties.)

You need at least 30 days left on a tourist visa to change it to a non immigrant visa. Some officers state that it is 60 days for Indians and hence they turn it into a impossibility for a Indian to do so. Just depends on the officers interpretation on how the laws should be viewed for Indians. In those cases we try again the next day for a more liberal officer as nothing is written that it needs 60 days left on the visa for a Indian national.

If your employer would like us to submit the work permit application, our firm will do so for 6,500 Baht professional fees.

www.lawyer.th.com

www.sunbeltasia.com

...He is an Indian National and with the exception of a 15 day tourist visa that can be applied for on arrival,  ANY visa app;ication from an Indian can only be made in his/her country of residence.

:o As I see that my personal experience was not relevant to this guy's case (I was not aware that things are so different for Indian citizens), I apologize for the incorrect advice...

Hi All...

Thanks a million for sharing your knowledge... I hope I will be able to convert my tourist into non imm B before april 15th. Is it illegal if I am present in Thailand while my company applies for a letter of acceptance from Ministry of labour?? Will it be considered illegal if I dont perform any duties with my new employer and just sit at their office watching television and talking? Pls advice...

Thanks again

...He is an Indian National and with the exception of a 15 day tourist visa that can be applied for on arrival,  ANY visa app;ication from an Indian can only be made in his/her country of residence.

:o As I see that my personal experience was not relevant to this guy's case (I was not aware that things are so different for Indian citizens), I apologize for the incorrect advice...

Is it illegal if I am present in Thailand while my company applies for a letter of acceptance from Ministry of labour??
You need to apply for the change first. The letter of acceptance is BEFORE you arrive. As you are going a different route by coming to BKK then you will be applying for the work permit in Thailand not asking for a letter of acceptance. If you cannot change the visa then you cannot apply for the work permit.
Will it be considered illegal if I dont perform any duties with my new employer and just sit at their office watching television and talking? Pls advice...

Why take the chance? Consider watching TV at the hotel and talking on the phone. :o

www.lawyer.th.com

Accepted :D

Accepted no problemo!

• 1 year later...
Hi All,

I got an offer from a company in bangkok. They couriered me all required papers(tax/guarantee/vat/invitation) to apply for a non-b visa from my country (India). When I approached the consulate, they demanded the WP3 form to issue a Non B visa which the company didnt provided to me. Company checked with labour office and told me that it takes 2-3 weeks to get a work permit. Since I have to join by April 1st week itself, I am planning to go on 90day tourist visa and make a visa run once the papers are ready by mid april. Is this going to put me in any kind of trouble? Is it ok to get the papers ready in a tourist visa and make a visa run to change it to non B? Do I have to get the non B from my own country?

so did u manage to change it now?? Well its same for me too they are asking for some letter from labour department I dont know wat that is and how I can get it and how long it takes? do let me know what you did. thkss..

so did u manage to change it now?? Well its same for me too they are asking for some letter from labour department I dont know wat that is and how I can get it and how long it takes? do let me know what you did. thkss..

Document required for WP3 letter

1st Step (Takes 12 days) - WP3 Form

- Resume/Curriculum Vitae

- A copy of the applicants passport

- A copy of a Company affidavit and a Share holder list (update within 6 months)

- A copy of a Vat registeration

- Employment letter

- Map of company address

- A copy of Managing director’s work permit or if Thai, the ID card

- A picture of the Office (4 pictures)

Send this WP3 letter to your employee in India with a package of your own company documents to get a non immigrant “B”one year multiple entry at a Thai Embassy / Consulate in India

2nd Step Apply for the Work Permit (Takes 3- 5 days )

Document required

- 3 color photos , size 5x6

- A medical certificate from a Thai hospital or Thai Clinic

- An original passport of the applicant and a copy

- A power attorney sign by the applicant ( for us to do the process for them)

** The applicant must come back to Thailand to do the 2nd step within 30 days after we received the letter from the labor department.

As you can see if you are the MD, you have a problem as you need a work permit to apply for the WP3! :o

You then need a Thai director to apply on your behalf.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com