Big Sound Bang In Lamai This Morning

Mr lamai

Iam living in Lamai and this morning between 0400-0500(didnt look at the watch)... there were first one very very loud bang witch was followed by a smaller "explosion" a minute later or so. The sound didnt come from thunder or firecracker unless it was dynamite.

My wife also woke up and run to the window saying that now the gasoline station must have exploded.

I heard a couple of times during the time of the concord when it broke the sound barrier. That sound is comparable to what i heard this morning but i have never heard of supersonic aircrafts cruising over samui and the "explosions or whatever it was" maybe not happend in the vicinity of lamai.

Someone here who can confirm the bangs and maybe have an explanation?

Regards

Mr Lamai

An exploding transformer can be pretty massive. Occasionally one will go off at the university and I nearly had to change my underwear. :) Had one last week and the building shook and windows vibrated and it was probably a couple hundred meters away.

but i have never heard of supersonic aircrafts cruising over samui

a few times the thai air force has flown over samui ......

Agree with this, they have done this on several occasions,I suppose going extra fast at God knows what speed , altitude & what time .They put on a good show over Samui.

Transformer fuse blown in the neiborhood?

Its a good guess but not likely since there were 2 bangs within the minute. Anyway if it was something serious then it would be the "talk of the town" as my partner say.

Regards

When the 7-11 in Bangrak burned down last year there were two loud bangs when the transformer went.

Jesus, you guys ought to form a group and go look for the lost Japanese gold in the Philippines....

The sound was from two very big fireworks/skyrockets. I saw them go off.

Just a little late night revelry.

No, no, no, the Japanese gold was secretly transported and hidden on Koh Samui.

I have a old map I bought from a old Japanese soldier hiding in Cambodia.

I'm starting an expedition soon and there is still some shares, if you are interested.