Whole Grain Flour

egg

just wondering if some-one can tell me if l can and where to buy whole grain flour in the Udon Thanni area ,,, all l can find is all purpose and bread flour ,,,l dont want the premixed stuff ,, to expensive,,,, dont really want to buy a big bag but if l have to l will , thanks for any help

cheers

egg

just wondering if some-one can tell me if l can and where to buy whole grain flour in the Udon Thanni area ,,, all l can find is all purpose and bread flour ,,,l dont want the premixed stuff ,, to expensive,,,, dont really want to buy a big bag but if l have to l will , thanks for any help

cheers

egg

cheers

egg

If any of your local stores sell Indian groceries you might find the flour that is used to make roti and other indian breads. this is whole wheat flour

thanks Cozumelito ,,, not a bad idea ,,, l am off to Udon tomorrow ,, so will do a bit of snooping and see what l can find ,, ChefHeat ,,, Bangkok is 6 weeks away yet ,, then l am on my way back to Aus for a couple of weeks ,,, if bad comes to worse l will bring some back from there ,, a suitcase full of flour and another full of vegemite ,,, :)

thanks for your ideas

cheers

egg

thanks Cozumelito ,,, not a bad idea ,,, l am off to Udon tomorrow ,, so will do a bit of snooping and see what l can find ,, ChefHeat ,,, Bangkok is 6 weeks away yet ,, then l am on my way back to Aus for a couple of weeks ,,, if bad comes to worse l will bring some back from there ,, a suitcase full of flour and another full of vegemite ,,, :)

thanks for your ideas

cheers

egg

Try Goggling" Schmidt Co ltd. Bangkok".... big bakery suppliers ... but not cheep....

If you can't find it pm me and I will give you contact details...

I use them for hard to find items... and they ship it down to me

S.J.C

Edited by SlackJawChef

thanks for your ideas

cheers

egg

Try Goggling" Schmidt Co ltd. Bangkok".... big bakery suppliers ... but not cheep....

S.J.C

thanks SJC ,,are they bulk suppliers ? l dont really want heaps , just enough to make a few loaves of bread every month ,,

cheers

egg

thanks for your ideas

cheers

egg

S.J.C

thanks SJC ,,are they bulk suppliers ? l dont really want heaps , just enough to make a few loaves of bread every month ,,

cheers

egg

They have 1 kg bag's ... they break down a big bag re-pack it.... they do that with many products..... it's a bit tricky to find the shop in Bangkok ... but if you have some time it is worth tracking down... has just about everything you could need ... I brought most of my specialty baking equipment from home when I emigrated ... then found the shop... could have saved me a lot of energy and money... ow well .. you live and you learn....

S.J.C

Edited by SlackJawChef

thanks for your ideas

cheers

egg

S.J.C

cheers

egg

They have 1 kg bag's ... they break down a big bag re-pack it.... they do that with many products..... it's a bit tricky to find the shop in Bangkok ... but if you have some time it is worth tracking down... has just about everything you could need ... I brought most of my specialty baking equipment from home when I emigrated ... then found the shop... could have saved me a lot of energy and money... ow well .. you live and you learn....

S.J.C

and never to old to learn ,,, cheers mate ,,, thanks for that , it might be the go but l will hunt around Udon tomorrow ,, just maybe l might get lucky,

egg