Gold Carat Versus Baht ?

josefbl

Hi ,could anyone explain , help me out, a relative coming from Europ to visit me wants to buy something in 24 carat gold .I believe in Thailand there is no use of Carat but Bath .Is this correct ?So , what is the same in Thailand as 24 carat gold ? :)

Hi ,could anyone explain , help me out, a relative coming from Europ to visit me wants to buy something in 24 carat gold .I believe in Thailand there is no use of Carat but Bath .Is this correct ?So , what is the same in Thailand as 24 carat gold ? :)

hi as i understand thai gold is 22 carat ie for jewerley and 23 carat for cold ingots

i am not 100% sure on this and some other members will correct me if i am wrong

Thans for the swift replies ,but my friend (comming to visit me from Canada ) asked me explisedly 24 carat to by a bracelet for his wife .

He will vist me here in Uttaradit and we will go to Chiang Mai! So he ,nore I do not know ,what ,where ,how and certanly the differneces between the Thai and "western " carat conversion. Thank ,you !

Thans for the swift replies ,but my friend (comming to visit me from Canada ) asked me explisedly 24 carat to by a bracelet for his wife .

He will vist me here in Uttaradit and we will go to Chiang Mai! So he ,nore I do not know ,what ,where ,how and certanly the differneces between the Thai and "western " carat conversion. Thank ,you !

Chances are you will only find 23 carat (96.5 pure) in a bracelet. Reason being is you need a little alloy to add some durability, if not the bracelet would break. Believe me, a 23 carat gold bracelet is more pure than anything he will find in Canada. My wife has a pendant in 24 carat gold, but bracelets and necklaces are 96.5% max.

Josef.

Carat is a measurement of purity - 24ct is 100% purity.

Baht is a measurement of weight - 15.2 gms (as someone previously mentioned).

So there is no relationship between the two.

Exactly your talking 2 different things being measured..

24 carat is too soft for jewelry.. Even the 23 carat Thai gold commonly sold is very soft and tends to not be very durable, bending breaking / etc..