Night Out In Patong - More Tales Los (land Of Scams)

rawaireddragon

"

I agree with HC. It does not matter if the katoeys were in the shelter or not when he got there to get out of the rain. It does not matter if he had a few beers or not. It does not matter if he is a veteran of Bangla & should know better.The plain fact of the matter is he was attacked & robbed which should never be condoned. The analogy is like saying a well dressed, pretty girl deserves to be raped.

" HC you can view more details on the website we are not allowed to mention. Sorry I thought I did not mention it in my post but now see it is there. I imagine he went downtown to pick up the item & stopped off for a few drinks with friends before going home.

Thanks Valentine.

I really don't get the point of some people here...losworld... defending these low lifes and gutter fodder. What's going on in their head? Why blame the victim?

The fact, as you rightly point out, is that he, and we, should be free to walk wherever we choose without fear. It is NOT right that this guy was attacked.... for whatever reason. He is perfectly entitled to shelter, to carry whatever he likes and not to be attacked.

The fact he is a Vet in Thailand and should know better!!?? The mind boggles at such a pathetic, ill thought out, insulting remark and insinuates it was his fault he got attacked and beaten up.

OK thats the problem with transliteration.. ngoo can be rat snake depending on tone didnt think it was stupid but ??

Also (in pedant mode :)) yet is more fuc_k.. Yet Mare etc being an easy way to make sure things kick off.

Ahh. OK, perhaps the poster of the comment could clarify what he meant.

Actually (and yes, the problem is with transliteration), Ngaw is stupid. Ngoo is snake and noo is mouse/rat.

So far as I understand it, but hey, I have trouble making myself understood with most Thais.

I imagine yet nongsaauw would also be a good party-starter. Followed by a swift exit to stage right...

Edited by KevinBloodyWilson

I really don't know why there is so much energy spent complaining about the malfeasance in Patong. Yes, it is stupid on the part of the perpetrators since it takes money out of their own pockets by discouraging the growth of tourism (although the projected figures for the upcoming high season are still higher than the season before the Tsunami). But of the 30 countries I have visited and the two dozen or so where I spent at least two months, including the US and the UK, everyone knows that if you go to the sleazy part of town or into honky tonk bars, you're going to run into trouble. Why people keep expecting Patong to be anything but exactly what it has been for years is beyond me. If you want to avoid problems don't go where everyone knows there are problems. People that want the "thrill" of going where they know they shouldn't will be rewarded with what they knew would happen.

Actually I don't fully understand why the non-scamming business owners don't do more about some of these problems because the negative reputation hurts the entire business community. A good example is the taxi mafia/rental car guys and day time parking in Patong because that is surely hurting there businesses. I frequently need to go to a small independent business in Patong, the DHL office, a real estate office, a shop of some description but there's never any where to park. So I end up parking in Jungceylon and walking or simply saying, screw it, I'll get what I need from somewhere else. OK so the walk does me good I hear you say. True, but when it's pouring down or really hot it's no joke.

Absolute........... the people that give us the farang chasers on the motorbikes?

Absolute owners are brits/Russians and much more money than brains.

They brought the place on Bangla, own the hotle on the northern end of Beach road before u make the turn inland past holiday inn, are building the place on the top of the hill going towards Kathu on the left, Plus they do alot of scaming during the high season for time sharing in Patong for their places. They only arrived in Patong about 3 years ago and already have made quite a reputation.

Ngoo is snake

:)

I always say ro dack (asshol_e) but only if i am leaving faster than them :D