All Rubber Sapling Defendants Cleared

PoorSucker

Any reply to the previous two posts would be going way off topic and into familiar territory of why Thaksin had to be removed by a coup. Third anniversary of the same old discussion. Count me out.

This is a rubber sapling case, not "let's have another go and the coup" thread.

Unfortunately your red herring has died and smells really bad!

These two topics can never be separated as each case was broadcast as fact by PAD.

Unfortunately, with the exception of personal slander and the Rachada Land deal (4 against 5 for, not a whitewash and highly suspect loaded of being with pro PAD judges even at that time) which has in some cases reached the courts, PAD has never been accountable for the rubbish it broadcast! Nuff said.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been sitting here thinking about all these cases and am starting to see a trend.

In my view, if a case cannot catch Thaksin either directly or indirectly (via abuse of power), then there will be no inclination to push forward with meaningful charges supported by hard evidence (eg. in this rubber sapling case the OAG's accusation against the AEC that they didn't have enough evidence to convict).

The BMA/Fire Truck scandal is another one which has not been linked to Thaksin and no corruption charges have been filed. If there is no direct or indirect link to Thaksin, I doubt any of the pending cases will include corruption charges supported by hard evidence against anyone else. The CTX Scanner case, like the fire truck case, involves gross overpayment. If Thaksin is not linked to this (and if involved he certainly would have had enough time to cover his tracks since he was still PM when this one surfaced), let's see if corruption charges are filed against anyone. I doubt it.

The case against Jutamas is another one to watch. The US courts have handed the Thai authorities hard proof that funds were paid by the Greens to family members of Jutamas in offshore accounts. The money has already been followed and all the proof is there. However, right now the Thai authorities have held things up as they say they are seeking additional info. I suspect they are looking for a link to Thaksin and if no link then again, I suspect the charges against Jutamas will not include corruption charges. Perhaps tax evasion on the offshore payments or something similar.

All of these cases will be interesting to watch to see if corruption charges are filed against any others when there is no direct or indirect link to Thaksin. It will be interesting.

An interesting an impelling thesis.

However, I'd rather not wait until time proves the thesis correct or otherwise. With unusual exception, time often is too far into the future to be presented as the promise of the proof of anything. If I may say so, Plus makes his usual excellent points and so do you. I always read each of your postings attentively and carefully and seldom if ever fail to be impressed or to think and consider.

Notions and a sense of the situation can be valid and often are, but I'd want actively to explore any actual evidence to support the thesis. I reiterate that waiting for time to prove observations, insights and analysis seldom is satisfactory because wating for time to do the work and the job is too passive (altho sometimes necessary). You've presented your analysis and Plus has presented his. Each is reasonabe, rational and based on real events.

As I haven't had the time or occasion to consider the propositions you present in detail and at some length, I'd be interested in hearing more arguments in this respect as the arguments presented thus far are engaging. Especially yours.

Thank you, but I am not involved in any of these cases and comment based on past events (and my humble analysis of them). For me, I have seen no inclination in any of these cases to "follow the money," as would normally happen in corruption cases. Doing this would catch others and it is beginning to look like that isn't what is intended. If my theory is correct, then in the upcoming lottery case only Thaksin will be found guilty of abuse of power and not the many others that were involved. If my theory is wrong, then either everyone will be adjudged guilty or adjudged innocent.

I hope I am wrong and all these cases really are about stamping out corruption in Thailand, regardless of who is guilty, but so far I am batting a thousand.

Unfortunately your red herring has died and smells really bad!

These two topics can never be separated as each case was broadcast as fact by PAD.

First, talking about coup is YOUR red herring.

Second, if you want to divert the thread you need a stronger connection than "they were both broadcast on ASTV".