Legionnaires

lioness

My son recently spent a couple of weeks in Issan, he stayed at a resort.

Next he came to Kanchanaburi where he quickly developed a dry hacking cough, then it moved to his chest and he was gasping for breath. Next morning he is drenched from head to foot in sweat, he has been in that condition for 8 days now, he has lost 4 kg in weight. Finally a doctor has pinpointed legionaires and glad to say he is finally on the right medication and showing some improvement

The doctor has said this has come about via air conditioning and looking this up on the Internet it would appear so.

Just thought I would post this because anyone with cold and flu like symptoms that starts perspiring a lot should really be checked out, the mortality rate for Legionnaires is 12%. It's affects men more than women, the incubation period is between 2 and 10 days before the first symptoms start to appear.

Wish I had the name of the resort where he stayed, but he;s too ill to remember anything as inconsequential as a name.

Unlikely from A/C unless they had a cooling tower for a central cooling system. More than likely he breathed in a fine mist of water that had the bacteria in it, could have been the shower.

A few years ago they traced a outbreak in New Orleans to the water spray in the produce section of a grocery store.

Good luck to your son.