Major Forum Upgrade On Sep 23 From 23.00 Bangkok Time)

george

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to a problem experienced with the consistency of the database after the conversion was done by the US company who was engaged perform the part of the upgrade, we have had to revert to the previous version and will inform everybody when the upgrade is ready to proceed again.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the roll back to the previous version.

Rgds

Bazmlb

Thank you Bazmlb, for the info!

The short time I experienced the new update (last night/early morning) was terrible and I've sent a message to support at Thaivisa.com to express my feelings since I was not able to post on the forum due to the problems.

The major problem was the total lack of understanding the designers showed and completely ignored the existence of members (like myself) who are suffering from color blindness*!

8-12%* of the world's male population suffers from color blindness and the tone-in-tone colors the designers were using was complete horror. That means that thousands of members of TV have more or less difficulties with the new format.

How on earth can a software designer put tone-in-tone colors like blue-on-grey and grey-on-grey colors on a web page ? :D

Next to the above the grey and light-grey variations between the next topics with bold blue as the topic title were also a pain. I had to ask my wife to explain the colors to me and when I asked what she thought about the new style.......her answer was: "Terrible looking."

I strongly request Root-Administration to look into this problem since, after all, people who do NOT suffer from a handicap, whether Color Blindness or Dyslexia, can't even imagine how awful such a handicap is but the least they could do, is ASK color blind people to assist them BEFORE offering and opening a splashing new designed web format, asking their customers to pay a lot of money for it.... :)

PLEASE listen!

* Some speak of 12-20% of the male population to be color blind. To show you the problems color blind people have, here's a test.

I can only see the top left = 25. The rest is a mystery to me! :D

http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/Ishihara.asp

LaoPo

Accessibility is of primary importance and I hope the new forum is more accessible than the present one. As mentioned colours are important but other features such as ability to change text size and NON FLASHING avatars are a must.

Edited by harrry