Marriage Visa

Hi,

I just extended my visa based on marriage (Aug 09) .

A month before the expiry, I went to ask if there were any changes. Which I always do because TIT (This is Thailand). Keep changing rules at will without notification. Have had several bad experiences.

The info counter said its the same as last year. Not convinced, I went to check on the notice board. No changes, it had the same document list. Still not convinced, I asked one of the staff who interviews the applicant, she said that same documents required as before. Now I was convinced.

I went to extend my visa, with all the documents as last yr. Unfortunately (or fortunately??? Wait till u hear ahead) It happened that I arrived quite late, after 2 pm & couldn't get a queue number. I was told that I should request one of the staffs if I can get a queue number. When I went to one of the staff, she said it was too late but she offered to check my documents.

And then what a shock I got, I needed some more documents than the last year. Another change of rules!!!!

However, I managed to get all the documents the next day & got my extension. Initially, 1 month then 11 months. All is well that ends well.

Here is the list of documents reqd. -

1> Application form

2> Passport

3> Wife's ID

4> Wife's House Registration. If wife's parents are not Thai. Require the birth certificate of wife. (This is a new requirement)

5> Child birth certificate.

6> Child's House Registration. (New requirement)

7> Photos

8> Address Map

9> Work Permit (If required)

10> Company Registration papers signed by company director. (New requirement. Before had to certified by Company Registrar)

11> Phor Ngor Dor 91 certified by Revenue Department. Original would not do. (New requirement. Before could by signed by company director)

12> Phor Ngor Dor 1 certified by Revenue Department. Original would not do. (New requirement. Before could by signed by company director)

All the best

Pete.