Transport To Rayong

Tufty

My g/f and I would like a short break on Koh Samet,

What is the best way to get to the ferry from Pattaya, Is there a bus service and at what times or do we need to use a taxi

Also if somebody knows of reasonably price hotels on either side of the island please let me know

Thanks in advance

My g/f and I would like a short break on Koh Samet,

What is the best way to get to the ferry from Pattaya, Is there a bus service and at what times or do we need to use a taxi

Also if somebody knows of reasonably price hotels on either side of the island please let me know

Thanks in advance

There are regular air con buses along Sukhumvit Road (I catch mine at the top of Theprasit Road because I live in Jomtien) direct to the Rayong bus terminal. From there take a mini van or baht bus to the koh samet ferry terminal.

Mini buses from Pattaya charge 150 baht per person  direct to Ban Phe.

Check out Malibu Travel. They run them 3 times a day. 08:00   12:00   15:30

Thanks SEAtramp that sounds a cracking idea. Wheres Malibu Tavel I'm sure I've seen it but cant think where?

Do you know of any reasonably priced aircon hotels on the island?

I've only been once many years ago and stayed on the far side, we ended up staying in a beach hut where the electric was cut off between 9an and 6pm so I don't fancy that again. The only hotel was very expensive

oops sorry linglop thanks for your imput too but I think SEAtramp's is a better idea

Edited by Tufty

Mini buses from Pattaya charge 150 baht per person  direct to Ban Phe.

Check out Malibu Travel. They run them 3 times a day. 08:00   12:00   15:30

Thanks SEAtramp that sounds a cracking idea. Wheres Malibu Tavel I'm sure I've seen it but cant think where?

Do you know of any reasonably priced aircon hotels on the island?

I've only been once many years ago and stayed on the far side, we ended up staying in a beach hut where the electric was cut off between 9an and 6pm so I don't fancy that again. The only hotel was very expensive

oops sorry linglop thanks for your imput too but I think SEAtramp's is a better idea

You don't have to worry about Malibu,just about every hotel and travel agent,book the same mini buses for you,and will pick you up.

Quote tufty

"we ended up staying in a beach hut where the electric was cut off between 9an and 6pm so I don't fancy that again. The only hotel was very expensive"

I believe that all accomodation places have to shut the power off for 4 hours per day, on a rotational basis, as an energy conservation thing. Good idea to ask what time the place you intend staying at shuts theirs off before you book in. I know someone who was paying top dollar and the power was shut off 7am-11am where they were staying.

Edited by COBBER

This is were I stayed,its on the first beach,which is very good,did not book in advance and got a nice aircon room for B1000,no power cuts

http://www.saikaew.com/

Remember it costs B200 to enter the island,B20 for Thai.If you walk up from the ferry its not far to this resort,about 10 minutes,and you can sometimes slip past the park rangers.

Avoid weekends and holidays.

Forget Malibu. They take you only to their places. A scandal at best. DIY is best for Samet.
Of course they take you to their places thats what they offer & provide in their brochures, and get paid commission for. (Its a travel agent)
A scandal at best.
!
DIY is best for Samet.

I agree if you are prepared to pay for transport to The Sukhumvit Rd. Pay for Bus to Rayong, Pay for Songthew to Ban Phe. (where i believe the mafia charge 100 baht.)

Best advice i can give here is check the net for accomadation & price,(then compare with inclusive cost from an agent. This will include return fare to island with accomadtion. But you always pay the 200baht fee for island yourself. 150baht if you buy a ticket of a tout in Ban Phe. Or just wing it to the island and choose a place (easy enough)

Edited by SEAtramp