The New Cigarette Packets

bkkmadness

Ok, the new cigarette packets have now swamped all the shops so you have to buy them if you smoke. For those that have not seen them, they have a graphic picture of the bad eefects of smoking, such as rotten teeth, cancerous lungs etc. and are pretty revolting to look at. :D

At first glance I thought, what a horrible idea, I enjoy smoking, have done for more than 10 yrs, and I ignore the health risks and I don't want to see these reminding images on the packet to spoil my fun.

Now that I have just got my first packet with the pic on, I'm thinking it may be the one thing that stops me smoking for good, a constant reminder of the dangers that I and so many other smokers conveniently forget. :o

So what do you think, good or bad?

Ok, the new cigarette packets have now swamped all the shops so you have to buy them if you smoke.  For those that have not seen them, they have a graphic picture of the bad eefects of smoking, such as rotten teeth, cancerous lungs etc. and are pretty revolting to look at.  :D

At first glance I thought, what a horrible idea, I enjoy smoking, have done for more than 10 yrs, and I ignore the health risks and I don't want to see these reminding images on the packet to spoil my fun.

Now that I have just got my first packet with the pic on, I'm thinking it may be the one thing that stops me smoking for good, a constant reminder of the dangers that I and so many other smokers conveniently forget.  :o

So what do you think, good or bad?

Good idea. It beats collecting stamps. The first packet I bought had the picture of a baby engulfed in smoke by the mother.

I didn't really like that one so traded the unopened pack for another one which had the rotten teeth face picture in it.

Subsequently showed it to the GF explaining that swalling ain't so bad after all.

We've had the pictures on cigarette packs for a few years in Canada.

They don't bother you after a while.

Buy a cigarette box.

Funny story.

On my first visit to Thailand, I bought a cigarette box at Jatujak market.

Back home, sittting at the bar, I'm telling friends I bought the box in Bangkok. I flipped it over and...

Made in Philadelphia U.S.A. :D

I'll quit smoking when the buses and trucks do. :o

Saw a pack picture with a guy taking a hearty drag on a ciggarette and billowing out the smoke, behind him are two skulls, :o Looking at the guy smoking just made me want a ciggy even more and as for the skulls, well with the kind of thing they like to show in Thai horror films, a couple of skulls doesn't have much 'gasp' factor to it! :D

I agree, even though I'm a smoker. I think this might stop youngsters from taking up smoking, and may even persuade some current smokers to give up. Haven't seen the packs in Thailand yet, but have in Singapore and a few other countries. Thought they were trying to do the same in the EU, but doesn't look like that's happened now.