Renewing non o visa

Hi

Im just planning to head up to Vientiene from Roi Et and renew my 3 month non O visa. It al went smoothly last time as Im married to a Thai national and just showed marriage certificate and passport.

I wondered whether there is anything i need to consider when renewing my visa. Do I need to show income or my bank balance ?

cheers

If you travel alone it might be a good idea to bring a copy of your wife's ID Card and perhaps a letter from her that you are still together.  Some Consulates have reportedly been asking for these; as well as the marriage certificate copy.

>Why aren't you applying for a one year extension in >Thailand ? That'd avoid the ' run ' and start you on the >residency path.

Well I wasnt aware that I could ... I think that Ive left it a bit late this time. Also I use offshore banking in Jersey and I dont want to have to move a large sum of money into Thailand. (I understood that funds have to be shown in a Thai bnk ?).

As it stands now, you'd only need 200,000 baht in any bank in Thailand. If you don't want to follow that path, apply for a multiple entry visa on your next run. That'll lighten the load a little.

Don't forget that VTE Consulate doesn't offer more than single entry 90 day "O" visas. Try Penang for a one year multi-entry "O" or Europe/Oz consulates.