Long Stay Car Park

Mobi

I am going away for a couple of nights.

Has anyone used the long stay car park?

What's the service like? How long does it take to get bussed to the terminal?

I have an expensive car - is it safe?

Thanks for any comments/experience.

Mobi

I used it a while ago, and didn't really think it was worth the hassle.

It was poorly signposted and the cars are left in the open with little visible security. The shuttle bus is primarily used for airport workers and I had a problem finding the bus for the return journey and as I recall I had to change. This was my experience others may find it ok, but I wouldn't use it again.

If you are only going for a few days, and have to use your car, I would leave it in the short term car park as it wouldn't cost much more.

I'm not even sure you can get to the airport by bike, I don't recall seeing bike parking. :)

Longstay is not covered and seems rather remote. If I'm going to park at the airport I always use the short stay (about a week in the short stay is break even relative to a taxi for me), 250 Baht per day and right next to the terminal. Others have reported parking in short stay for up to a month with no problems.

I used it a while ago, and didn't really think it was worth the hassle.

It was poorly signposted and the cars are left in the open with little visible security. The shuttle bus is primarily used for airport workers and I had a problem finding the bus for the return journey and as I recall I had to change. This was my experience others may find it ok, but I wouldn't use it again.

If you are only going for a few days, and have to use your car, I would leave it in the short term car park as it wouldn't cost much more.

Agreed, except I thought the security was ok. It was fairly well lit, and as far as I could tell, the only exit was via the checkpoint.

Calculated transit time was about 30 mins to terminal, which included walking from car to bus stop, waiting for bus, and travel time to terminal building.

But, I would not use it again, and for a couple of nights, definitely not.

I am going away for a couple of nights.

Has anyone used the long stay car park?

What's the service like? How long does it take to get bussed to the terminal?

I have an expensive car - is it safe?

Thanks for any comments/experience.

Mobi

:) as other members say; make nonsense use Long-Stay parking. If you have many baggages, very unconfortable. When you come back and get wrong bus ..... I asked if he go to "long-stay parking" driver said yes and I land in bus terminal. Car is exposed full time to the sunshine (if have), for 250 THB your cars stay in shadow, very safe and comfortable for yourself too. Let's say for double price you get more then double safety and comfort.

The long-term parking space is the biggest waste of space I have ever seen -- it must occupy about 10 football fields (well ... close to it). And I've never counted more than about a dozen or so cars parked in there in the many times I've driven past it. It's a classic example of completely stupid planning, just like the bus transport depot. I used it a year or so ago for 3 days. Can't remember the cost, but a taxi to and from the airport would have worked out the same (taking into account what I'm about to tell you below). The toll gate people had no idea about how I was supposed to get to the terminal, 2-3km away. Mumbled something about a shuttle bus, which didn't appear after 30 mins, so I lugged my bag to the main road and caught a passing taxi. On the return trip, not a sole anywhere in the terminal (including the airport information desk!!! -- alai wah?) knew what the long-term parking lot was, or how I was supposed to get there. I went to the departures level and caught a taxi.

Bottom line: Most of Suvarnabhumi airport was designed by all those luckless officials (read: politically out of favour) relegated to "inactive posts" -- you know, those very same officials responsible for traffic planning -- LOL.

Oh, and as for safe -- probably, but then maybe not. The staff on duty are in another world.

You got that right :)

These are just a few of the many flaws this airport suffers from: megalomaniac idiots had the architects design a piece of sh*t.

With the 4 floors design they could NOT have conceived a lower floor bus station combined with a railway station isn't?

As a result the shuttle buses to/from the Transportation Centre are only used by airport staff and so are the buses to town and the provinces.

The car rental facilities are a joke as well.

The departure hall is nothing more than a loud factory hall, a 1970ties German design.

In short nothing was conceived with the traveler in mind.

And they want to be in the world top 10 spot for the best airport? What a joke :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Glad I found this web site with all your advice, I was going to use the Long Stay Park but have now decided against it.

I see someone mentioned car hire desk as a joke, completley agree with that, shambles.

I assume questions are not raised when leaving the short stay car park after a few days

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a little more time and want to pay less, than is the LONG TERM PARKING spot no bad idea.

Its much to oversized, what a waste of money also here! But its cheaper.

Crazy is also, that I think on the way back to the car from arrival, you have to change the Bus-or did I use the wrong one?

All the electronic devises are not used on that Parking spot, its still NO Electronics there.

I went home 2007 and thought I come back soon, but it was than 3 month Parking at that long time place at Suvarnabhumi.

My Batterie had broken down after that long time in the sun, but in 10 minutes an Airportcar with starting cables arrived,

I could drive to the next Gasolinestation and went with a Taxi to buy a new one.

On the way out of the Parkingspot, I tried my luck and said I have lost my parkingticket.

I was asked if I could say how long I was parking, because at that time also when they had only few cars to take care off,

they not kept a list with dates and numberplates.

My car looked terrible dirty so I said 3 weeks and paid only 25 % of my huge sum. I think 125.- B. a day.

So the Batterie was payed and free, I even could have bought two for that.

Security? I think they have to keep that place open 24 hours a day, so there is a lady at the entrance and a lady at the exit booth and a securityman,

I would think all day and night.

Security, should be very well, they have only to take care 30 to 60 cars what I always saw.

Yes, that you have to change buses with all your luggage and children possibly is strange!

No protection for the car from the sun and weather, but its cheaper for really long time parking.

And the security should be ok as there are 3 people for only a few cars to take care off 24/365.

I would like to have the money what they wasted with that 100 ? times oversized Parking space and place.