Seeds On Utorrent

Lomps

Hi,

Has anybody else been having problem connecting to seeds in their torrentz... I use maxnet and recently upgraded to the premire package in the hope of getting faster speed for torrentz...

I'm trying to download torrentz that have a high seed to peer ratio and one that are well seeded. My download manager is Utorrent and I can see it picks up the number of seed for e.g *(11050) but its connecting to 0... this is becoming really frustrating as sometime it connects and then loses the connection... I have checked my firewall and tweak all the setting in Utorrent Preferences.

Can anybody help me please?

Someties DHT works better than others.

As for a private tracker, it depends on what you type of terrents you want. I download mostly documentaries so I doubt my tracker will be of much interest to you, but I also use ilovetorrents.com for some movies and thebox.bz for anything from British TV or radio. For Thebox. you need an invite, If you are intersted PM me and I can send you one

What is that tracker status for a problem torrent? (highlight a torrent, look at the tracker tab, what does it say under status?)

What is that status when looking at "Speed Guide"?

Do you have the same problem for every torrent?

Did things work before and now are not working?

Do you have your ports forwarded properly?

Some trackers have ratio/registration requirements, can you tell us which tracker is causing a problem?

You'll have to share a bit more detail if you want help trouble-shooting.

Edited by lomatopo

Hi, thanks again for all the info.

I will post all the details of the trackers and speed guide later today, My ports are not forwarded as I'm not much of a techie but I'm gonna try it later today. I just don't understand the bit about setting a static IP before forwarding the ports and which IP address to use in the section where you select start and end ports... can anybody help?

I use utorrent 1.8.4 and haven't had these kind of problems before with downloading torrents... also I don't use open DNS... could this be a problem?

I use utorrent 1.8.4 and haven't had these kind of problems before with downloading torrents... also I don't use open DNS... could this be a problem?

DNS has nothing to do with it. It's most likely a tracker problem or a problem with your internet connection.

Hi, thanks again for all the info.

I will post all the details of the trackers and speed guide later today, My ports are not forwarded as I'm not much of a techie but I'm gonna try it later today. I just don't understand the bit about setting a static IP before forwarding the ports and which IP address to use in the section where you select start and end ports... can anybody help?

You absolutely must have a static IP address set up as well as have a port forwarded for Utorrents to work optimally. If you don't, the program will still work, however it will not be functioning at its best and you may encounter unexpected problems from time to time.

Visit portforward.com it not only teaches you how to portforward, but also provide instructions in setting up a static IP address prior to you portforwarding. The thoughts of setting up a static IP address and portforwarding were dreadful to me too a couple of years back, but the whole process actually turned out to be quite exiciting..

I on the other hand am faced with my unsolvable Utorrent problem of my own and I'm totally finding it a nightmare to go through...

What you must have is the port forwarded for the IP in use. It does not have to be static. But agree that website is the place to start.

In my case the static on a laptop (which often got two IP's on startup due to wireless/LAN connections) was causing more troubles that it was worth - now just make sure the IP being used has the port forward rule applied.

What is that tracker status for a problem torrent? (highlight a torrent, look at the tracker tab, what does it say under status?)

What is that status when looking at "Speed Guide"?

Do you have the same problem for every torrent?

Did things work before and now are not working?

Do you have your ports forwarded properly?

Some trackers have ratio/registration requirements, can you tell us which tracker is causing a problem?

You'll have to share a bit more detail if you want help trouble-shooting.

Hi,

Here is some more details:

Everything looks fine in the speed guide

Alot of the trackers on different torrents are giving the following error: Only one usage of each socket address (Protocal/network address/port) is normally permitted

and a few are just showing Offline (timed out)

I'm experiencing this problem with all my torrents. If you can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Here is some more details:

Everything looks fine in the speed guide

Alot of the trackers on different torrents are giving the following error: Only one usage of each socket address (Protocal/network address/port) is normally permitted

and a few are just showing Offline (timed out)

I'm experiencing this problem with all my torrents. If you can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Offline trackers are common, I also get them from time to time. As for the socket errors, I can't say I've experienced those before.

"Everything looks fine in the speed guide" << What exactly does this mean?

I'll assume you see the green check mark which means your ports are forwarded correctly...

Have you tried to test your connection by downloading 'legit' torrents? For instance, try downloading THIS, see if you can connect to any seeds.

I scanned the uTorrent forums (quickly) regarding your issue; it seems like the port UTorrent is using (Options, Preferences, Connection, Listening Port/Port used for incoming connections) is in use by another application or is blocked by some application (e.g.: a firewall).

Try a different port, say 44605, and then forward that to your local IP address. Make sure your firewall is aware of your UTorrent application, and maybe make sure to add the Windows Firewall exception ( Options, Preferences, Connection, check the "Add Windows Firewall exception" box).

Edited by lomatopo