Kr 150, Any Info?

mixed

I'm looking at getting a KR150 and fixing it up a little, there's plenty around quite cheap and I like 2 strokes.

Anyone know much about this bike? Such as weight and HP? I know there are several models like Victor and KRR. Is any particular model/year better than another? What are the differences?

The green KRR 150 SE is the last model year, the next model that had a short run is the ZX 150. Same power as the KRR, but totally different frame and body.

The KRR had the PDK exhaust, and should come with orange wheels stock. I 'think' but not sure that the exhaust valve on the KR®'s are mechanical and not electrically operated as the NSR and TZM.

The KR®'s were much smaller bikes than others in their class, it was the bike of choice for Thai motorcycle gangs back in the days.

I'm looking at getting a KR150 and fixing it up a little, there's plenty around quite cheap and I like 2 strokes.

Anyone know much about this bike? Such as weight and HP? I know there are several models like Victor and KRR. Is any particular model/year better than another? What are the differences?

mixed...thats a project that I am sure you will enjoy doing. Parts are easily found and cheap.

I cant tell you about the weight or HP.

I did a complete rebuild on a ex-Bangkok police KR 150 / Victor (?) earlier this year. The one thing I noticed was the lack of available technical information.

I was lucky with most things as my usual mechanic has raced Kawasakis (MTX) here for over 20 years. He was an invaluable source of information/help.

The Kr goes like a "cut snake" and is very easy to handle. You will have a lot of fun of it :)

There are some pics of my finished KR in the Bikes for Sale section of TV.

Edited by Thai Chi

mixed...thats a project that I am sure you will enjoy doing. Parts are easily found and cheap.

Actually I'm planning to turn on into a dirt bike, originally I was going to use a Nova dash, but the KR was recommended as it's a larger engine/frame and more suited to the type of riding I'm doing.

So I'm trying to find out which models were lightest and most powerful.

I think the weight is around 125kg, but couldn't find anything on HP. The KR 250s are either 45 or 55hp, so I guess the KR150 is around 30.

Actually I'm planning to turn on into a dirt bike, originally I was going to use a Nova dash, but the KR was recommended as it's a larger engine/frame and more suited to the type of riding I'm doing.

I think the weight is around 125kg, but couldn't find anything on HP. The KR 250s are either 45 or 55hp, so I guess the KR150 is around 30.

That will be intresting mixed...a KR dirt bike :D

Hope you post some pics if it all gets up and running.

The lack of KR specs and tech info has got me going a bit. I will continue to "search" and pass on any info I find.

Failing that, I will pull into the weighbridge on Prasat Road, on my next 90 day report. That should be fun :D:)

Edited by Thai Chi

That will be intresting mixed...a KR dirt bike :D

Hope you post some pics if it all gets up and running.

The lack of KR specs and tech info has got me going a bit. I will continue to "search" and pass on any info I find.

Failing that, I will pull into the weighbridge on Prasat Road, on my next 90 day report. That should be fun :D:)

I've found a guy who does a good job of the conversion, it's a lot of work, but ends up very nice, looks like a CRF. Most ppl just convert the 125 to race them, but when I mentioned off road riding he suggested the KR as it's more powerful and bigger, better for farang.

Do all the KR150s have the KIPS?

I was able to find these specs, funny thing is, it weighs as much as the 250.

There are reports of HP near 40. Not dyno verified. The things are fn fast. I can put you on a new one for 75 K, a new one, thats right 000km and stored.

I am thinking about riding it but the forward lean kills my 70 year old back.

russ

There are reports of HP near 40. Not dyno verified. The things are fn fast.

That's interesting, the NSR is reported to have almost 40, this is from the factory however. I read on a Filipino forum they were saying the KR150 had only 25, but this is doubtful considering the late KR250 has 55. I know the KRs were right up there with the fastest 150 2 strokes.

• 2 months later...

Considering there's been a bit of discussion on the TZM and NSR, I thought I'd bring this thread back up. One poster mentioned the lack of info, but after searching I've found quite a bit, although much of it is in Thai, Malay, Indo or Tegalo. This bike was sold in various forms including KRR, ZX 150, KIPS 150 and Victor. Production began around 1990 and only stopped recently.

During this period, it appears there were few major changes, with the motor staying pretty much the same. The bike has a very good reputation for fuel consumption and reliability. Unlike the TZM and NSR it has a mechanical, rather than electronic power valve.

Considering it's production run and how recently they were still being produced, parts (new and used) are probably easier to find than the other two bikes.

There bike is reported to have 29bhp, however they also made one called the ZSR Cyclone 150 which apparently has 29bhp. Does anyone know about this bike and how they got the extra power? Any tips on increasing power, particularly in lower revs would be appreciated.

11723309961.jpg