Comfort On Overseas Flights

bdmike

Since I have been making 2-3 trips from NY to BKK each year I have been trying to find a way to get some sleep on the flights. I have problems sleeping on airplanes and I saw an ad for a blow up pillow - '1st class sleeper". It is wedge shaped and extends from the seat up and over your head. It was designed by a pilot who could not sleep in plane seats. It is supposed to give support from just below the beltline through the lumbar area to the upper back and the head and neck. It is also supposed to allow the body to stretch out in a straight position. Any one ever used this product? (website...www.1st class sleeper.com) Anyone find any other products to help with this 24 hour journey? Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated. Peace, Mike

Since I have been making 2-3 trips from NY to BKK each year I have been trying to find a way to get some sleep on the flights.  I have problems sleeping on airplanes and I saw an ad for a blow up pillow - '1st class sleeper".  It is wedge shaped and extends from the seat up and over your head.  It was designed by a pilot who could not sleep in plane seats.  It is supposed to give support from just below the beltline through the lumbar area to the upper back and  the head and neck.  It is also supposed to allow the body to stretch out in a straight position.  Any one ever used this product? (website...www.1st class sleeper.com) Anyone find any other products to help with this 24 hour journey?  Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated.  Peace, Mike

My firend has one he says it is OK in business class - buy not usable economy as the seats are really too small to accommodate it - he also got complaints from the passenger sitting next to him say it was impinging on their space.

Thai start flying NY -BKK Direct very soon I believe,nice new plane too.

Since I have been making 2-3 trips from NY to BKK each year I have been trying to find a way to get some sleep on the flights.  I have problems sleeping on airplanes and I saw an ad for a blow up pillow - '1st class sleeper".  It is wedge shaped and extends from the seat up and over your head.  It was designed by a pilot who could not sleep in plane seats.  It is supposed to give support from just below the beltline through the lumbar area to the upper back and  the head and neck.  It is also supposed to allow the body to stretch out in a straight position.  Any one ever used this product? (website...www.1st class sleeper.com) Anyone find any other products to help with this 24 hour journey?  Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated.  Peace, Mike

Thanks for the info. I am still looking for more testimonials on this 1st class sleeper. Is it a waste of money or does it really improve the amount and quality of sleep on the plane? I didn't think it would trouble the traveler in the next seat over. I travel with EVA on the evergreen deluxe class, so the room in the seats may be sufficient enough to avoid inconveniencing the neighbor. Maybe I will be taking that direct flight from NY to BKK in the future, but right now I am working within the frequent flyer program with EVA trying to get a freebie. After that I may switch to Thai Airways direct flight. Thanks again for the info.

Thanks for the info.  I am still looking for more testimonials on this 1st class sleeper.  Is it a waste of money or does it really improve the amount and quality of sleep on the plane?  I didn't think it would trouble the traveler in the next seat over.  I travel with EVA on the evergreen deluxe class, so the room in the seats may be sufficient enough to avoid inconveniencing the neighbor. Maybe I will be taking that direct flight  from NY to BKK in the future, but right now I am working within the frequent flyer program with EVA trying to get a freebie.  After that I may switch to Thai Airways direct flight. Thanks again for the info.

If I recall you messed up the link but did find it - from drawing you sit on about 3 inches of seat so I do not believe it would be very comfortable (unless you have enough to pass out immediately - in which case you should not need this extra baggage). Looks like a late night infocommercial type product to me.

If I recall you messed up the link but did find it - from drawing you sit on about 3 inches of seat so I do not believe it would be very comfortable (unless you have enough to pass out immediately - in which case you should not need this extra baggage).  Looks like a late night infocommercial type product to me.

I concur.

The only way to be truly comfortable on long haul flights is a hammock in the pet hold. But I don't suppose they'll let you :o