Swimming Pools In Bkk

goodpoint

Anyone know of any swimming pools on top of shopping centres or anywhere else that are near the northern BTS stations (Mor Chit, Vic Mon, Siam)? I like to have the occasional swim only so it’s not worth paying club fees. The pool at Bangkapi Mall is just too far away. Any closer that any of you knowledgeable people may know?

Is Central City Bangna too far?

Try any major hotel. Bring a change of clothes and towell in your briefcase. Dress professionally and act like you know where you're going. Change in bathroom by the pool. Works 95% of the time. :o

LOL. I'd been thinking about that and thought it might just work being farang an all.

So, you have experience.

Cc

QUOTE(FreedomDude @ 2005-03-23 03:57:48)

QUOTE(ThaiDaughter @ 2005-03-23 02:50:18)

Is Central City Bangna too far?

Try any major hotel. Bring a change of clothes and towell in your briefcase. Dress professionally and act like you know where you're going. Change in bathroom by the pool. Works 95% of the time.

LOL. I'd been thinking about that and thought it might just work being farang an all.

So, you have experience.

Cc

I think you would have to change the hotels frequently or they would suss you.

BTW there is no pool at central bang Na, well not a real one - just a play park.

There is one at the mall, bang kapi/ngam wong wan.

I am lucky living near Maha Sarakham where they have a 50 metre competition pool.

Sea Tramp is spot on. I've used hotel pools from the lowly to the almighty in BKK and have only rarely been charged and that was because I was fool enough to ask if there was a charge. I was asked for a room key at the Royal Benja once but just said my wife had it. Easy.

The bigger hotels have such a high turnover of guests that even the staff won't know you from Adam.

yeah there is a pool at National Stadium......last time I looked it was cloudy and looked full of kids piss.......and to make matters worse........the local swimmers swim their laps.....get this....'across' the flocking pool which makes for an interesting session if you are intent on swimming your fifty metres laps in the usual manner. good luck !

yeah there is a pool at National Stadium......last time I looked it was cloudy and looked full of kids piss.......and to make matters worse........the local swimmers swim their laps.....get this....'across' the flocking pool which makes for an interesting session if you are intent on swimming your fifty metres laps in the usual manner. good luck !

Went there a couple of times and was not impressed. Swollowed my pride and joined the Patumwan Princess Hotel Gym. They had a nice 25 metre salt water pool.

Occasionally some old hi-so woman gets with big hair got in my way, but I managed to strategially kick some water into her hair and she is out of my way pretty quickly.

Only downside it the place is full of blokes flirting with other blokes, but that was mainly confined to the gym area.