Steak

gennisis

Having been here in CM for 3 years now,I must have tried every supplier...markets,supermarkets etc

and every type of cut,sourced from Thailand,Canada,USA,New Zealand and Australia.

Ive been cooking for many years so I know what to do.Ive tried Bashing it,marinades,Tenderizers ...all to no avail...very little 'beef' taste and never realy tender.

I saw a post here that TOPS in Pattaya had some promotion on Aussie steak so I went to The Airport Plaze TOPS to see if the promotion was still on.

Yes it was...but the prices!!!

Fillet (tenderloin) 1800 baht/kilo Rib eye and sirloin 1400 baht. In Rimping the prices would be 800-1100 baht for Aussie beef. Tops also had some Whole rib of beef that looked good at 1400 baht/kilo

Assuming....and hoping...that perhaps the TOPS meat was a higher quality that the normal fare, I invested in a 259 grm Ribeye at 375 baht.

Smeared it with fresh crushed garlic and Black Pepper...greased my cast iron griddle plate...waited until it was smoking...laid the steak on for a minute...turned it over...for 3 mins..turned again for 2 mins.

By far,the best steak Ive had for quite some years...tasty and tender.

So,am I right in thinking that the usual imported Aussie beef is just the average quality??

So,am I right in thinking that the usual imported Aussie beef is just the average quality??

As a 3 restaurants owner, I can confirm it.

Taste low or nothing, full of water (also the chilled kind).

Tried Thai, Thai-French, Brahama India, Australian, New Zealand, Argentina. Frozen or chilled, always the same sh...

The Aussie somethimes come good, not always tender like should be.

But (coming from Italy) I miss the Chianina Beef (kind of Italian Angus), so tender, full of taste, juicy living free on the fields.

Having been here in CM for 3 years now,I must have tried every supplier...markets,supermarkets etc

and every type of cut,sourced from Thailand,Canada,USA,New Zealand and Australia.

Ive been cooking for many years so I know what to do.Ive tried Bashing it,marinades,Tenderizers ...all to no avail...very little 'beef' taste and never realy tender.

I saw a post here that TOPS in Pattaya had some promotion on Aussie steak so I went to The Airport Plaze TOPS to see if the promotion was still on.

Yes it was...but the prices!!!

Fillet (tenderloin) 1800 baht/kilo Rib eye and sirloin 1400 baht. In Rimping the prices would be 800-1100 baht for Aussie beef. Tops also had some Whole rib of beef that looked good at 1400 baht/kilo

Assuming....and hoping...that perhaps the TOPS meat was a higher quality that the normal fare, I invested in a 259 grm Ribeye at 375 baht.

Smeared it with fresh crushed garlic and Black Pepper...greased my cast iron griddle plate...waited until it was smoking...laid the steak on for a minute...turned it over...for 3 mins..turned again for 2 mins.

By far,the best steak Ive had for quite some years...tasty and tender.

I think u are right. Just because it's from a western country doesn't mean it's good.

Unfortunately, much import stuff from the west is subpar in their own countries.

That's the reality of globalization - a way for 1st world countries to dump their crap on the third world.

I'm still hoping genuine Alberta beef makes it here though.

Best in Canada.