Does Thailand Have An Early Pensions Retirement Program?

Hello, I'm new to the board, please be gentle :)

Does Thailand have any program for "Early Pension Retirement?"

I know you have to have an income of 65,000 Baht per month or 800,000 for 3 months in Thai Bank and being 50+ years old to get a pensionist visa, but some countries allow for early retirement. The monthly income per month and money is bank isn't an issue, but the age is my roadblock.

Any info on early retirement in Thailand? Please note, only EARLY retirement info please.

Other than a 1 year study visa, is marriage the only other solution to stay beyond 3 months in LOS?

Hello..........as far as I know thailand have no such program for early retired people but thaivisa.com have s few members that have more knowledge about whats going on inside the governments wall and maybe some thing will change about early retirees in the future but to apply for an education visa is a good idea to think more about and its much more easy to let us know your age when you wonder about topics like retirement visa.

Regards

Bengt!!

Welcome to Thai Visa forum eswiig. You will find a lot of information here and most of the members are very helpful although you find the odd once ever now and then.

Thailand has indeed an "Early Retirement Scheme" for Thais working for the government, but that will not help you with the visa issue which is another matter altogether. Government employees normally retire when they reach 60 years but they may also retire after having served 20 years keeping their lump sum payment and the monthly pension for life. The do also keep their social benefits such as free hospital care provided they have served the 20 years.

As an alien, the Thai call us foreigner that, you need to be 50 to be able to apply for the Non-Immigrant Visa type O-A. This visa type is commonly called "retirement visa" but that is actually only a description of its purpose.

Thanks for the replies. I forgot to list my age, I'm 27 years old.

You may be laughing at me or think I'm crazy due to my "young age", but due to circumstances I cannot work any longer at the moment and have been authorized to a "temporary pension" (no, it's not Social Support) by the government until 2012. If I am able to work again is not really sure, in which case the "temporary pension" will become a permanent one. It's not much but it would be enough to cover the 65,000 Baht monthly requirement, and I could transfer the required 800,000 Baht into a Thai Bank account. But alas, my age is a roadblock. In my country, my "temporary pension" is considered a "retirement pension" which led me to wonder if this would be accepted by the Thai laws.

N.B. For those curious my "temporary pension" is due to a "disability" which prevents me from working even If I wanted. I hoped that perhaps provided documents on my "disability" and that I cannot work or earn money would help me in my Visa issue, but it seems not.

I've visited Thailand twice before and have a Thai GF. Yes the thought of marriage has popped up, but for now I think it's better to wait.

Someone mentioned you could apply for a study visa by education and even mentioned Thai Massage education. I'd rather sign up for this than a Thai language course if it's possible. Anyone know?

Edited by eswiig

For an educational vis you have to sign up at a registered institution, it doesn't have to be Thai language. The problem with massage is that most school probably will not be a registered institution and you wont be able to get an extension of stay, menaing you will have to leave the country every 90 days.

dam_n, there has to be -one- Pattaya based massage school that's a registered institution :)

I don't mind if it's expensive, as learning how to give massage would only be beneficial for my Thai gf and less boring

than a language school.

How about

There's this one specific school that's particularly interesting because it is accredited by the Ministry of Education, so it's very

professional and legitimate.

The massage's school name is "The Massage Development School, Pattaya" which is located around an hour away from Bangkok, in the beach city of Pattaya. What's nice is you'll get a certificate of accreditation, this will allow you to be a professional masseurs.

Edited by eswiig

The only thing I wouldsay is that the massage course I have seen here in Thailand normally only run in the 4-6 wk range (some significantly less), so you may not get a whole lot of benefit from this (visa wise).

It sounds like you have adequate recources to study any subject at an acredited university... any have anythought about a 4yr degree in any subject? Or masters if you already have your first degree. If your Pension"is not continued after 2012, you would be well set up to start what ever career you would like...

or if it continues, you would have a few years to get to know your girlfreind and decide if you want to get married. If so, you could then qualify for an extension based upon marraige and your pension would cover you for all of your future extensions...

Hello, I'm new to the board, please be gentle :)

Does Thailand have any program for "Early Pension Retirement?"

Nope sorry. Try the Philippines or Malaysia, they both have provisions for granting long-stay visas for early retirees with means. They are most happy to have you live in their countries and spent your funds there...Thailand just gives the bird to nice people like you...TIT :D

Edited by PattayaBunLover