Buying Silver And Gold In Pattaya

deejah

looking to convert some cash into silver and gold as a protective hedge

would like to buy some bullion that can be resold easily if necessary

tips? advice? suggestions please!

-best place(s) to purchase

-in what form or format

-how to get the best price or deal

-do the prices follow the current market prices?

-markup?

don't want to do a lot of research

just want to buy soon and make a jump while prices are on a dip

what's the best way to get started?

if you know about this please help

thanks in advance

I don't believe that it is possible for individuals to buy bullion.

A risky game for somebody who is not prepared to do research.

Often price dips turn into fullbloodied declines.

Be aware that the price of gold is quoted in US$ and as many currencies have gained in strength against the $, the price of gold has been falling in many people's local currency. Now the $ is strengthening, so although the price of gold has dipped in $ it has risen in other currencies.

looking to convert some cash into silver and gold as a protective hedge

would like to buy some bullion that can be resold easily if necessary

tips? advice? suggestions please!

-best place(s) to purchase

-in what form or format

-how to get the best price or deal

-do the prices follow the current market prices?

-markup?

don't want to do a lot of research

just want to buy soon and make a jump while prices are on a dip

what's the best way to get started?

if you know about this please help

thanks in advance

you can buy gold bars in the gold shop at the corner of pattaya klang and second road

diagonally opposite Tops and directly opposite the police box

you can buy gold bars in the gold shop at the corner of pattaya klang and second road

diagonally opposite Tops and directly opposite the police box

You can buy gold bars at just about any gold shop in Pattaya. Different shops charge different commissions, but most will offer the best buy back price with gold purchased at their store. There is only a small commission charged on the purchase of gold bars (compared to gold jewelry). They'll emboss the gold shop's symbol on the bar and you will get a certificate guaranteeing it's purity.

Forget about Silver. It's is not traded here. It's totally impractical because of the size of bars you need for investment purposes.

The price of gold in Thailand's gold shops closely follows the world spot price in USD. The price is adjusted frequently during the day when prices are volatile. It is always listed as a price in THB per "baht of gold". A "baht of gold" is exactly 15.16 grams of 96.5% gold. The gold bars in Thailand are always exactly 96.5% gold and measured in 15.16 gram "baht" increments, so you can easily work out the comparitive USD spot price in baht with the current exchange rate.

Please note that I've never seen a gold shop in Pattaya weigh gold to 2 decimal points as they round up to 15.2 grams. In Bangkok the larger more reputable gold stores will measure to 2 decimal points i.e. 15.16 grams. This doesn't matter much as they will pay your for 15.2 grams when you sell it again.

If you go the GOLD TRADERS ASSOCIATION OF THAILAND website you can find out exactly how they price gold. I cannot find the English site, so you'll have to use the Google translator to read that site.

Why do you think gold is a good buy right now? It has traded between $996.90 and $681.75 over the last 52 weeks with the current price at $995.55

It's trading near it's high so it's hardly a bargain.

very helpful

for those of you who believe i don't want to research

i said THAT i prefer not to do A LOT of research right now as i am burnt out and very busy

i much prefer junk silver coins

as i think silver could make some remarkable moves in the next few years

smaller cost, smaller value, easier to trade or sell

so its disappointing to hear it is not traded here

sure both gold and silver could fall

as some believe commodities in the long run get just get cheaper

i think at some point, maybe years out, commodities must rise as the population rises and there is only so much to go around

(food and clean water especially)

fiat money and savings loose value over time

equities are very risky and require in depth research and trusting your money to people you don't know or see, as well as financial books that could be rigged and any company or organization could fail

not the mention market instability

(confusing me the more i study, lots of research there)

so just a thousand dollars worth of silver and a thousand of gold

just as a hedge as all my money is in cash

about half baht and half US dollars

there is also a major possibility we have only seen a bear market rally this year

and the real drop is yet to come

and surprisingly that might take gold oil and silver down

we live in a very unique financial environment now

and i am just looking for a little protection

i would seriously consider investing in a stable growth currency

but i know so little about forex and currencies currently

i read that the Indian central bank is perhaps the best in the world right now for stability (or something to that extent)

still unsure what to do after some considerable equity research

ge and slv looked like good buys a few months ago but i was gun shy

just hate to see my little nest egg of cash devalue considerably or completely and to be left with nada

i recall reading when you buy gold here to run a flame over it or something like that to test its purity

i think not getting cheated is of primary concern

how can i be sure not to get cheated and to get the best value?

all constructive insights welcome

thanks so much for the feedback

btw

i am no tech analysis guy

but guys (and gals) look at silver's 5 year and 10 year charts and tell me its going lower long term :)

it looks to me like a no brainier

of course i could be wrong

(geese now i need to do the same for gold

more later)

thanks again

:D

btw

i am no tech analysis guy

but guys (and gals) look at silver's 5 year and 10 year charts and tell me its going lower long term :)

it looks to me like a no brainier

of course i could be wrong

(geese now i need to do the same for gold

more later)

thanks again

:D

Back in March 2008, many people believed that gold would keep going up. Then in the following 6 or 7 months it tumbled over 30% in $ terms. Gold has tried twice and again recently attempted to break that March 2008 high again, but couldn't go higher.

This suggests a very strong resistance level.

A break above around 1050 could well mean that it will go a lot higher, but right now, who knows?

Silver hit its high at around the same time, but tumbled by more than 60%. As yet it still has not been anywhere near that high.

Are you aware of the IMF's plan to sell 403 metric tonnes of Gold? Although they intend to Phase the sale, it won't help to maintain increases in the value of gold

http://www.business24-7.ae/Articles/2009/9...20d03c5bd8.aspx

Often price dips turn into fullbloodied declines.

Be aware that the price of gold is quoted in US$ and as many currencies have gained in strength against the $, the price of gold has been falling in many people's local currency. Now the $ is strengthening, so although the price of gold has dipped in $ it has risen in other currencies.

What are you talking about the only point you make that is correct is do some research, of which you have not.

The best place to buy physical gold in Thailand is China town in BKK.

Gold is quoted in local currency

1 Baht in gold is .482 of an ounce

As for silver it's not so easy to trade here the demand for gold is much higher. If you can find it, the buy sell spread will be that much higher.

If your thinking inflation it's the best thing to hold.

Often price dips turn into fullblooded declines.

What are you talking about the only point you make that is correct is do some research, of which you have not.

1 Baht in gold is .482 of an ounce.....

What a strange person you are! Why should I do research? I'm not interested in buying gold bullion. Gold bullion is normally considered to be gold bars in quantity and Always has to be at least 99.5% pure gold. Most, if not all gold sold in Pattaya is around 95% pure as far as I am aware.

You also think that every other point is incorrect???!!

I said -

So are you trying to say that every price dip results in a rally?

I think that you will find that gold is quoted in $ in the world market. You will also find that due to currency fluctuations, when gold rises in $ terms it can also fall in value in other currencies.

You disagree with this?

Please note the topic title "Buying Silver And Gold In Pattaya, where and how please" - your answer? China town in BKK. Bangkok is not Pattaya is it?

1 Baht in gold is .482 of an ounce.....

What a strange person you are! Why should I do research? I'm not interested in buying gold bullion. Gold bullion is normally considered to be gold bars in quantity and Always has to be at least 99.5% pure gold. Most, if not all gold sold in Pattaya is around 95% pure as far as I am aware.

You also think that every other point is incorrect???!!

I said -

So are you trying to say that every price dip results in a rally?

I think that you will find that gold is quoted in $ in the world market. You will also find that due to currency fluctuations, when gold rises in $ terms it can also fall in value in other currencies.

You disagree with this?

Please note the topic title "Buying Silver And Gold In Pattaya, where and how please" - your answer? China town in BKK. Bangkok is not Pattaya is it?

If you haven't done any research and have no knowledge of the subject why are you commenting.

Gold bullion is very easy to purchase in Thailand I and many other people have done it.

Pure gold is in fact 99.9 not 99.5 and yes Pattaya sells 96.5 that is why I said BBK China town where you can by the 99.9 gold

Yes you are correct gold is quoted on the Comex in dollars as are all commodities, and yes there are risks with any investment but throughout history gold has been the ultimate safe haven.

You think I'm strange commenting on a subject I understand. I would suggest you do some research before you comment.

No, Thailandcalling,

I think that you are a strange person for jumping on my post and telling me that everything that I posted was wrong except the risk factor.

Especially now that you agree that everything I posted is correct.

The OP asked where he could buy gold bullion in Pattaya and I replied that "I don't believe that it is possible..."

I'm sure that many people who hear that somebody wants to buy gold bullion do not think that bullion refers to an ounce or 2 and so I was mistaken in thinking gold bars instead of ingots. There was no need for your snotty response.