Hotel comparion

OzzieMan

Have three friends coming to bangkok (if they can get a seat on Thai airways) gee they say things are slow

and they are looking for somewhere to stay, central of where the action is, I reccommend the Manhattan Hotel.

Your opinions on hotels in the same central area for the action in a similar price range and why, they also want friendly access to their rooms

Will pass on your comments

From Brisbane

They have gotten seats on Singapore airlines, a better service in my books any day, but they have to change in Singapore a real inconvinience.

But as I am now in Thailand I try to promote the local product Thai air, except it seems they feel this is not what they want.

PS my friends are flying 1st Class

And i though Thailand need the money

Seems again I am wrong

Sorry Thailand another few thousand dollars lost

Guess they are making to much money out of the so called girly bars

From Brisbane

They have gotten seats on Singapore airlines, a better service in my books any day, but they have to change in Singapore a real inconvinience.

Good idea.  Singapore Airlines is practically a shoe-in for getting the top votes each year from all the respected travel authorities.  Also, their flight attendants are very attractive most of the time which is like a bonus.

Manhattan Hotel is a bit run down.

Try Sukh Soi 5 Bel Aire Princess or, you say they come 1st class, Rembrandt and/or Windsor Suites on Sukh. Soi 20, more expensive but as long as you book executive floor no questions asked. If standard room they check ID and ask for

Baht 700 extra.

Small tip, whereever friends are booked book double Mr./Mrs., the rate is usually same but no questions asked. At check in ask for two keys (my wife arriving later)