Resveratrol Supplements, Looking For High Dosage Source

Jingthing

I have decided that it is a good idea to take a daily Resveratrol supplement (popularly known as that good stuff from red wine that makes the Frenchies avoid heart attacks). If you don't know about Resveratrol and its benefits, look it up.

Anyway, here is the rub.

I am looking for a source in Thailand for Resveratrol that is high dosage (200 mg.) and not absurdly expensive. So far all I have seen are grapeseed extract pills at Boots that I don't think even contain very much Resveratrol. There is a cheaper souce of Resveratrol that is derived from Japanese knotweed so given my desire for a high dose/lower cost option, that is what I am looking for.

So, anybody have any clue about this? I am in Pattaya but open to any source in Thailand.

BTW, don't bother suggesting drinking wine. To get the dosage I want, it would mean drinking cases of the stuff daily.

Edited by Jingthing

Last year I considered growing Japanese knotweed as it has a much higher resveritrol content than grape skin......but I can't source it. I was planning to make a tea of it for regular resV intake. It certainly sounds like the wonder drug.

Why don't you investigate obtaining the plants yourself?

Out of curosity, I just wikipediaed Japaneese knotweed and found out that is terrible invasive species of weed and is everywhere in the world. There are a lot of invasive [human] species here in LOS, so wouldn't be surprised if it is here already.

"Japanese Knotweed is a commercial source of resveratrol supplements. Hu Zhang root extract is a traditional Chinese medicinal treatment."......wikipedia

how about just buying them on ebay and having someone ship them from the US? They even sell them in Walmart's.

On Ebay anyway its about 1000 baht for 120 capsules of 750mg

Locally if you could find them then its going to be a price raping like everything else cutting edge and imported.

There are some locally produced foods that are good sources of Resveratrol like Mulberry juice or paste and Mangosteen husk extracts.

I would love to find it as well. I bought mine from Max Muscle in California and am running out. I would be willing to bet that making tea out of knotwood would the best bet. I cant really think of any supplemnt in Thailand other than the basics that are affordable.....I get 10 pounds of whey protein for 29$ and buy creatine for 1/10th the price . Resveratrol is expensive it the States as well......There is another wonder supplement you all might google......NITRIC OXIDE...... Dr Loius Ignarro . He won the Nobel prize for medicine due to it. It is here in Thailand in a Herbal Life product I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again.

Just checked this thread after awhile. Some interesting suggestions.

I have had bad luck shipping in stuff from the US, its a black hole, so I don't like that idea.

Mulberry juice or paste and Mangosteen husk extracts?

I can't easily find info on what their resveratrol content is and I reckon you would need to consume a lot of it and be getting OTHER effects from those foods, maybe not desirable. So where exactly would you find those two things in Thailand?

Regarding the Japanese weed which apparently is the best low cost source for resveratrol, is it really found in the raw form in Thailand? Even if it was, I wouldn't know how to consume it or how much of it.

So, who wants to be a millionaire? What about this for a business venture in Thailand. Start a Japanese knotweed farm and manufacture the resveratrol pills for both the local market and export. It would be an unlimited growth business as people learn about the health benefits. I don't think a daily 500 baht pill has much of a market in Thailand, but if the pill could be 20 to 50 baht for example in Thailand, there could be a massive potential market. Any weed farmers here? (Don't answer that 55555).

Edited by Jingthing

I have decided that it is a good idea to take a daily Resveratrol supplement (popularly known as that good stuff from red wine that makes the Frenchies avoid heart attacks). If you don't know about Resveratrol and its benefits, look it up.

Anyway, here is the rub.

I am looking for a source in Thailand for Resveratrol that is high dosage (200 mg.) and not absurdly expensive. So far all I have seen are grapeseed extract pills at Boots that I don't think even contain very much Resveratrol. There is a cheaper souce of Resveratrol that is derived from Japanese knotweed so given my desire for a high dose/lower cost option, that is what I am looking for.

So, anybody have any clue about this? I am in Pattaya but open to any source in Thailand.

BTW, don't bother suggesting drinking wine. To get the dosage I want, it would mean drinking cases of the stuff daily.

I bring my supplements from USA but suggest you order from Puritan and they will ship to you in Thailand. As long as you use regular Air mail and have just a small package it will not involve Customs here.

It's hard to find the real deal even in the US. There are lots of ripoffs out there labeled Resveratrol but in the fine print its a grape resveratrol/complex with no indication of the actual portion that is resveratrol. See http://hubpages.com/hub/Dr-Oz_Resveratrol for info on brands that seem to be ok and those that may not be.

Those brands that met the authors standards are:

• NSI (Nutraceutical Sciences Institute)

• Now

• Sundown

• Nature's Bounty

• RevGenetics

• Source Naturals

• Pure Encapsulations

A clinical trial is underway on Resvida compared to calorie restriction for extending lifespan. See details at

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00823381

A product with Resvida in it is available from the Costco website but I guess you would have trouble getting it through the mail.