Retirement Visa

NanLaew

A recently closed thread had someone with lots of posts to their credit saying that 'O' retirement visas can be purchased at local convenience stores for the old price and not the newly rumoured 'inflation-indexed' price.

I have recently retired to Isaan so would appreciate if someone can check if only the Pattaya/Jomtien convenience stores are doing this and if they restrict the sales to bona fide local farangs only.

Many thanks!

PS. Can someone PM me next Monday and remind me to log on and check my messages.

Many thanks again!

PPS. How is your shopping experience at HomePro or should I open a new thread?

A recently closed thread had someone with lots of posts to their credit saying that 'O' retirement visas can be purchased at local convenience stores for the old price and not the newly rumoured 'inflation-indexed' price.

I have recently retired to Isaan so would appreciate if someone can check if only the Pattaya/Jomtien convenience stores are doing this and if they restrict the sales to bona fide local farangs only.

Many thanks!

PS. Can someone PM me next Monday and remind me to log on and check my messages.

Many thanks again!

Mini-mart Retirement extensions...? Simply amazing...!

this one time? i went to HomePro and bought some scotch tape. the 13 girls who helped me pick out just the right package of tape gave me a free 3M pocket screwdriver for free. since then i've been a big fan of those 13 girls.

true story, baleevit.

Many thanks!

Many thanks again!

Your post reminded me of the times in the navy when visiting ports in India, we would put a list on the main notice board calling for volunteers to go on a tiger hunt just to see how many of the crew were gullible enough to believe, it was amazing how many would volunteer!

I can see the queues of elderly foreigners now outside minimarts and 711's across Pattaya. It will only be a matter of time before police are called to quell the riot when they Realize they cannot get their retirement visa there. :)

this one time? i went to HomePro and bought some scotch tape. the 13 girls who helped me pick out just the right package of tape gave me a free 3M pocket screwdriver for free. since then i've been a big fan of those 13 girls.

true story, baleevit.

Maybe next time I need condoms I can go there :)

Mini-mart Retirement extensions...? Simply amazing...!

No, not extensions but the whole application for a NEW one. Just need to show your bank book to the sales girl (that's the one NOT busy checking stock while the other girl uses a single cash register to serve 8 customers, 5 of which have just been paid and have come to pay their utilities, cable, internet and phone bills or come to claim their 'free' mystery meat-on-a-stick for spending 80 baht last week). If you are filing extensions of a visa acquired outside LOS, you still need to use the Jomtien place I think.

Is that the same queue,as the old geezers sitting outside drinking chang

No, I think they are ones that have either been unable to show a bank book or had not enough money in it.

And Villa have slashed their prices and Promise to beat any price in Any Supermarket Anywhere in The World!

And they are giving triple green shield stamps...................

Quadruple green sheild stamps if you buy one of their 10,000 Baht tomatoes! :)