Cancelling Tot – Penalty Fee?

Phil_ne_uk

I’m wondering if anybody has cancelled their TOT service before the 6 or 12 month contract has finished and did TOT want, or demand a penalty fee for cancelling their cr@p service?

I’m considering changing to TT&T (now triple T) as I’ve been told and heard that is more consistent and they say it’s via cable so you don’t need a landline. Is this true, anyone?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

It depends on your contract. Just ask them. A while ago it was about 1000 Baht. But look that you really get canceled - they sometimes forget this even if you do not have the line anymore. I had this problem in Pattaya. The lady at TOT told me when I complained that she had the impression that I want to keep it longer. And I had the receipt for the cancelation fee with the date/time. So I paid two months for nothing... A friend of mine made a similar experience with this strange lady there after she told him that he is a problem guy. But perhaps the service at your location is different. And check out with Maxnet if you can get the line before you cancel TOT.

Edited by Beggar

We cancelled out TOT contract after a few months as it was totally useless. We had our assistant call their local office and the internet was cut the following day. We got a bill, and that bill was less then what a normal month had cost us earlier, so they reimbursed the days we lost due to cancelling in the middle of a month, that was the best service I've ever had from TOT, but far from enough to weigh up for all the cr@p we had to take from them before we cancelled.

We've always had TT&T at our house, so when we needed internet at our office, we naturally wanted the same. To our disappointment we were told that they were "out of lines" when we went there. So we had to wait for them to pull some more cables, so we decided to try TOT while waiting for "more cables".

The TOT saga is just so bad I'm gonna spare you.

So moving on we now have TT&T at our office (2MBit premier) and we have the relatively new 10MBit from TT&T (don't remember the name, 3B or BBB or something) at home, it's lovely to be able to download movies in 15 minutes again like back in Europe. We seem to have always, knock on wood, been spared from all the internet problems Thailand suffers under. So we are very happy customers with TT&T.

But I think it depends very much where you live, even someone 100 meters from your house who is on another "line" can have a totally different internet experience.

Thanks for the info beggar.

d0ndela, as a matter of interest who did you change to instead of TOT? And how good is their service?

I changed to Maxnet. In respect of the service they had/have some nice ladies in Carrefour here in Pattaya ;-) At least they were always friendly and did their job. In respect of the hotline - endless waiting time often. But what really helped that always service staff called me the next day and fixed their line problems immediately.

In respect of connection - had a lot of plans due to free upgrades - 3 Mbps Indy, 5 Mbps Indy and Premier. Premier was so bad that I complained and so I got downgraded to 3 Mbps Indy. Still better than Premier for me on an almost perfect line. But all this depends pretty much on your location. The best thing would be you can ask someone in your area where you stay. But even this is no guarantee BUT a chance.

Be prepared that you have to pay 3 times a month. Maxnet was very low in cash and so there is a new company construction. I pay to TOT, to TT&T and to TripleT every month :-))) Perhaps their accounting system cannot handle it in a different way.